Full_Size_Render.jpg

Pre:
Proraso
Brush: Muhle Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Shaver Heaven Arctic Mango
Razor: Fatboy (5)
Blade: Feather (1)
Post-shave: Shaver Heaven Arctic Mango Balm

I was looking to change from the Slim I was using, another member talked about doing something different, subliminally you must have planted the Sticky thought and here we are!
Is it?

Sticky that is.

And I'm talking about the razor before @stillshunter gets here.

Last edited:
Sharp: Takemaru
Slip: B&M Latha / Omega S10108
Soothe: Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Marvellous to be back with the hybrid kami. It's in a whole different universe to the Gold Dollar. I honed it on my J-nat and it is extremely sharp and comfortable. So sharp, in fact, that I did some damage to my neck on the right hand side through bearing down. I was still in blunt GD mode where I had evidently been overcompensating with a bit of pressure to get the job done. So I need to remind myself to use a feather touch in the next shave.

Also the first time I've used olive oil post-shave. I like it, although I put on too much.

Brush: Vintage Simpson Butterscotch
Soap/Cream: Vintage Yardley Shaving Soap
Razor: Vintage Wilkinson Sword 'Sticky' Razor
Blade: Vintage NOS English Wilkie (2)
Post-shave: Vintage Herbal by Old Spice

After struggling with the two day growth yesterday the 'Sticky' enjoyed today far more. The 'Sticky' is not sticky as in 'grabs' the fingers when wet but there is certainly no slipperiness one might expect of a plastic handle - I hope that this explains it better @eggbert ! It is similar in grip to most 'normal' metal razors I've found.

With the Yardley you always get a great lather and Herbal, whilc I have no illusions about it doing anything good for my skin, does finish this sort of shave off nicely. Feeling groovy guys!

rainbow_have_a_nice_day_groovy_psychedelic_pop_poster-rc3bffe3a286342b691198845bf44c423_wvk_8byvr_324.jpg

img_2256.jpg

3P preshave
Shavemac 2 band silvertip
Le Père Lucien sample
Ikon 102
Astra Superior Stainless (4)
Myrsol Agua Balsamica aftershave

Not sure on this soap. Nothing special at all and maybe even a bit lacking. I'll keep using the sample but can't see me buying a full tin.

Le Père Lucien sample
Not sure on this soap. Nothing special at all and maybe even a bit lacking. I'll keep using the sample but can't see me buying a full tin.

You don't like LPL? Interesting. I think it is great and you are the first person I think I've found who doesn't like it. You are a trailblazer!

20160119_075751 by Osman Mehmed, on Flickr
Preshave: Top Seven Emulsion
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89 with Windrose Handle
Blade: Permasharp Super
Brush: Semogue 1305
Soap: Mystic Water Windjammer
Post Shave: Stray Whisker balm and Alt Innsbruck cologne
Three pass shave to BBS. The Mystic Water soaps just continue to impress. Press an amount into my bowl and the lather just explodes after 30secs. The scent is not strong but quite masculine, very pleasant. Ready for the day ahead.

The Mystic Water soaps just continue to impress. Press an amount into my bowl and the lather just explodes after 30secs.

This is one of those DSDF moments. I sold on my MWS soaps as I couldn't get as good a lather from them as from others I have used. Must be me, I think @nav1 liked them too.

20160119_zpsg0nnttc3.png

Face Wash : Shower
Pre-Shave : Myrsol Emulsion
Brush : Simpson Chubby 1 Best Badger
Soap : Mystic Water - Irish Traveller
Razor : Kenwa Kamisori
After Shave : Fine Platinum

The first shave with a new razor is always an interesting experience, particularly when the razor is something out of the ordinary. And this Kenwa is certainly that. I posted about it briefly in the Acquisitions thread a couple of weeks ago : http://paste-and-cut.com.au/community/threads/january-2016-acquisition-thread.2208/ It's a full hollow symmetrically ground kamisori - the first and only one of its kind I've ever seen. Irresistible... At the time I posted about it, @khun_diddy asked if I intended to knock off the incredibly sharp corner at the toe, to which the answer was yes. I gave the razor its inaugural honing a couple of nights ago, and got my first surprise - it started singing while I was honing it! No razor has ever done that to me before. I remembered to "soften" the corner of the toe, and finished the honing session with an amazingly sharp razor.

After the usual thorough prep, the moment of truth. As soon as I started to shave, the razor started to sing. It was every bit as vocal as any really hollow ground Western straight, which is impressive for a blade only 45mm long. I was conscious the entire time of just how sharp this thing was, and found myself shaving a lot more cautiously than usual. This turned out to be a good thing, as the toe of the blade that I had carefully softened delivered quite a nick towards the end of the first pass, requiring both styptic and pressure to staunch. I finished the shave a bit chastened, but with a very smooth face.

I'm now seeing this razor as a challenge to be mastered. I thought my technique with kamisoris and straights was pretty solid by now, but there is obviously still room for improvement if I'm to be as confident and competent with this razor as I am with the rest of the stable. I should be grateful I guess - I've just been given a great opportunity to improve my skills.

The journey continues....

This is one of those DSDF moments. I sold on my MWS soaps as I couldn't get as good a lather from them as from others I have used. Must be me, I think @nav1 liked them too.
They do require a little work, not much, but just getting some great lathers with them at moment.

Yup, MW soaps are one of my all time favorite soaps!

Also the first time I've used olive oil post-shave. I like it, although I put on too much.
Ah - welcome to the BoOOPS - Brotherhood of Olive Oil Post Shavers :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
2-3 drops is plenty when you add a bit of water - especially with temperatures likes these...

img_2256.jpg

3P preshave
Shavemac 2 band silvertip
Le Père Lucien sample
Ikon 102
Astra Superior Stainless (4)
Myrsol Agua Balsamica aftershave

Thank you good sir! I too am very disappointed with this soap - although I bought a full tin...I used it once and am not sure if I even want to go back for seconds - highly overrated product IMO

20160119_SOTDSSep_zps7kmpxpnx.jpg

Pre-Shave: Occams pre-shave soap, cold water
Razor: Wolfman WR1-SB with WRH2
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac 2-band Silvertip
Lather: Mystic Waters Lime
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Things are getting back to normal - had a beautiful shave with the Wolf today, although it is very hot here. The MW Lime is very interesting - similar yet so different to the Mike's version. In any case a perfect soap for a day like this. It took again a bit more effort than I am used to, but the result was definitely worth it. I guess in summer the water here is even harder than usual...

934911b5ae25fb43ad697a49477a64b5.jpg

Merkur 34C
Semogue SOC Boar
Feather Blade
Dr Jon's Arctic Hydra
Thayers Lemon Scented Witchhazel

Wow talk about a cold shave. Arctic Hydra packs a bit of a punch especially when cold water shaving. Really reconsidering if I could handle the Glacial range from Stirling. What do the menth heads think of this soap?

Decided to move to evening shaves particularly as I experiment with new gear. Not the best shave as a combination of new brush & soap was throwing me off with my lather production. Still enjoyed it though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.