EUZOdVZ.jpg

Occam's Crushed Lime Pre
Doug Korn D7 TGN
Merkur Progress
Feather
Stone Cottage Soapworks Hespéride
Australian Private Reserve - choix Alfredus Aftershave Balm
Australian Private Reserve - choix Alfredus Aftershave

It came a couple of days late, but getting there was worth the wait. Bottled up the last of the Alfredus Choice for myself to ensure I have a supply throughout the year and even managed to score myself a balm to boot which was not a bad deal at all. Ran with the Progress today, the weight of the razor always makes it a pleasure to shave with and the auditory feedback when the blade shears the hair makes the handle sing. A lovely couple of passes, made all the more enjoyable by a few leisurely cups of good coffee and not having to rush out the door to work.

I went for a generous Sunday shave with the Stone Cottage Hespéride, a really nice, light citrus accord (Petitgrain, Neroli & Bitter Orange) with some delicate sweetness from a hint of Rose, herbaceous Rosemary, Sandalwood and the merest trace of musk at the base. It really is a great summer cream that paired excellently with Alfredus Choice but would have worked equally as well with The Generals Ledger if I had wanted more of a bright fern vibe.

The remainder of the aftershave decants have all been put into sample bottles, with a couple of full size ones on offer. Samples are now available for most of the range if anyone so wishes. Some will not return, and some may down the track.

Have a chilled Sunday fellas and enjoy yourselves at a leisurely pace :coffee:

Razor: Vintage EverReady British 'E' bar SE
Blade: GEM SE blade (8)
Brush: Vintage Butterscotch Simpson reknotted in 'pure'
Soap/Cream: Henri et Victoria Terre d' Henri
Aftershave: Henri et Victoria Terre d' Henri balm

Pre - Hot towel
Brush - Semogue 620
Soap - B&M Rhapsody
Razor - Bengall/ Edwin Jagger Kelvin
Blade - Polsilver Super Iridium (3)
Post Shave - Alum, B&M Rhapsody Splash, TSW After Balm

Top shelf, luxury shave today with the Rhapsody soap and splash. :) I've become a real B&M fanboy since becoming aware of it on this forum.
I did the same routine as yesterday, but shaved my chin and jawline with the straight this time. Did need to do a good clean up pass with the DE though.

20161211_SOTD_S_VIG_zpsr2yexkw8.jpg

Pre-Shave: Cypriotian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor: Wolfman SB-P WRH2 Stainless
Blade: Ladas (2)
Brush: Paste & Cut LE Prototype Platypus
Lather: Stirling Bay Rum
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Heavenly Sunday shave with the Platypus (lather shot here) and the Wolf - ready for the Adelaide meet-up - hope you all have a Sunday with lots of 'Iw HIq

Razor: Standard
Blade: Vintage Aussie Gillette Super Stainless (1)
Brush: EJ Best Badger
Soap: Latha Limon
After: Alum, Australian Private Reserve - choix Alfredus Aftershave Splash & Balm

A DFS++ on a Sunday morning - even if I did muck up the lather and have to go back to the soap.

The APR splash and balm samples are excellent, unfortunately I've whacked on some sunscreen since shaving and now all I can smell is sunscreen :rolleyes:

20161211_SOTD_S_VIG_zpsr2yexkw8.jpg

Pre-Shave: Cypriotian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor: Wolfman SB-P WRH2 Stainless
Blade: Ladas (2)
Brush: Paste & Cut LE Prototype Platypus
Lather: Stirling Bay Rum
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Heavenly Sunday shave with the Platypus (lather shot here) and the Wolf - ready for the Adelaide meet-up - hope you all have a Sunday with lots of 'Iw HIq

Great looking brush @alfredus (y)

Didn't register my interest as I thought chances are the handle might look like something that has come-out of "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" (YMMV). That one looks awesome.

Saturday morning shave:

Pre: Proraso Green Pre/Post
Razor: Rockwell 6 S (4,4,2)
Blade: Gillette 7'O'clock green (5)
Soap: Shaver Heaven Spiced Mahogany
Brush: Omega boar

This evening's shave:
Pre: Proraso Green Pre/Post
Razor: Rockwell 6 S (4,2,2)
Blade: Gillette 7'O'clock green (6)
Soap: Proraso Green
Brush: Omega boar

Had one of those shaves Saturday morning. Everything just fell into place and I was left one incredibly happy camper.
This evening's shave was not quite the same standard, however still a great shave.
If someone had told me this time last year that I'd be looking forward to shaving, I would have laughed at them! :p

Today as a small side issue @alfredus and I had a discussion about the viability of a single pass WTG shave. I have many times had a single pass shave over the years with very good results. Tonight I made certain I did all the prep needed and used my Rituky 6/8" and palm stropped it for 20 passes . Lather was compliments of @khun_diddy - a puck of Mike's surplus to his needs. The full hollow Rituky is staggering at how evenly and efficiently it removes whiskers. 1 pass and done. Easy DFS and zero irritation or any problems.
The soap was really very good. The blade was wonderful and I finished with an Emu oil/lemon myrtle concoction I made this evening.
The shave was certainly better than a CCS and while it would have been marginally better with an extra pass it really wasn't needed.

Pre: Musgo Real Glyce
Soap: Mickey Lee Soapworks The Kraken
Brush: Shavemac D01 3 Band Americana
Razor: Boker King Cutter 5/8"

A very close BBS, probably the closest I've ever got on my neck with a straight, but my angles and pressure were a little off tonight. A bit of razor burn and a nick. Back to the drawing board. :(

Pre: Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac Custom
Soap: Mystic Waters Vetiver Oakmoss
Razor: iKon Slant
Blade: PSI
Post: alum, witch hazel, TSW After Balm, Myrsol Plastic Shave

Excellent lather delivery from the brush and Michelle's creation. PSI pairs really well with my iKon Slant. Happy shave day.

Sunday 11 December 2016

SOTD-11122016.jpg

Snake Shave

I am absolutely crazy for this masterpiece. This Mastro Livi CarboInox Snake razor is not only a super shaver, but it is also an incredible work of art. The Snake Razor was conceived by Mastro Livi and his son in 2007 and this one is very special. The blade is made from Mastro Livi CarboInox with carbon damascus steel dots inserts, shaded buckeye scales with onyx and white turquoise inserts, a stunning beauty to look at, an incredible smooth shaver giving the very best BBS shave ever! Today I wanted to use Antica Barbieria Colla Almond Oil Shaving Cream, a superlative shaving cream certainly one of the very best shaving soaps around giving a super slick and effective lather with an incredible post shave sensation. A special mention to Mastro Livi Super Silvertip Badger Shave Brush, a great caressing massage on the skin which easily mounted Colla shaving cream into a luxurious lather. The final touch was delivered by Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum aftershave with its "bay rum like" fragrance and I admit I don't like it very much, although good, I like a more genuine and authentic "Bay Rum" fragrance.​
  • Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: Antica Barbieria Colla Almond Oil Shaving Cream
  • Brush: Mastro Livi Super Silvertip Badger, Padouk Handle, 24mm knot
  • Bowl: Gerby Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Medium Loom Strop "Coramella Italiana" and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi CarboInox Snake, 8/8 Full Hollow, Snake Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Umbrian Extravirgin Olive Oil
  • After Shave: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

Status
Not open for further replies.