2023 Shaving Acquisitions Thread

Vtg. Ceramic Shaving Bowl With Fish Motif With Lid

2MH7lRN.png

Vtg. Cobalt Blue Asian Design Golden Peacock & Flowers Shaving Bowl With Lid

Yz72skt.png
mnRVmJV.png

I wasn't expecting this until tomorrow, but DHL delivers on Easter Monday.

Karve Overlander in Stainless Steel

Shipping from Karve to Australia is currently DISRUPTED
After waiting for Chris to reply to my email for one week, I finally ordered it from https://www.razoremporium.com/

Absolutely loving the matte stainless steel finish. The grip on the handle is excellent.

52806059495_6b9899f530_b.jpg
52806059515_ecf5f31b2f_b.jpg

A couple of comparison pics with my 3 year old Karve Christopher Bradley in brass which you can tell I have dropped many times - there are little dents everywhere.

52805653006_89a8a4aa6c_b.jpg
52806059500_50321fa2b4_b.jpg

I wasn't expecting this until tomorrow, but DHL delivers on Easter Monday.

Karve Overlander in Stainless Steel

Shipping from Karve to Australia is currently DISRUPTED
After waiting for Chris to reply to my email for one week, I finally ordered it from https://www.razoremporium.com/

Absolutely loving the matte stainless steel finish. The grip on the handle is excellent.

52806059495_6b9899f530_b.jpg
52806059515_ecf5f31b2f_b.jpg

A couple of comparison pics with my 3 year old Karve Christopher Bradley in brass which you can tell I have dropped many times - there are little dents everywhere.

52805653006_89a8a4aa6c_b.jpg
52806059500_50321fa2b4_b.jpg
The Karve SS handle looks like a smoking vaporizer :LOL: The Overlander base shaves as a Karve 'B' base plate

Last edited:
The Karve SS handle looks like a smoking vaporizer :LOL: The Overlander base shaves as a Karve 'B' base plate

If I could have ordered from Karve I probably would have swapped it out for the CB argyll handle. That option was obviously not available from Razor Emporium. But now that I have the razor in my hands I’m glad I got the stock handle - it feels amazing.

Mail call from Maggards!

Eye watering AUD$38 to ship via FedEX, but it is quick. Only 5 days from ordering to be delivered to the door.

Jumped on the restock of Boonana (which I missed out on first release). It is DARK! Darker than Boat Drinks, which is the darkest soap I have.

Fougère Angelique smells amazing. I know Maggards has like 180 tubs left, but I figure this will never be released again.

The others I got to round out the order and average out the shipping between soaps.

Lsi35V3.jpg

0g0YYrE.jpg

Mail call from Maggards!

Eye watering AUD$38 to ship via FedEX, but it is quick. Only 5 days from ordering to be delivered to the door.

Jumped on the restock of Boonana (which I missed out on first release). It is DARK! Darker than Boat Drinks, which is the darkest soap I have.

Fougère Angelique smells amazing. I know Maggards has like 180 tubs left, but I figure this will never be released again.

The others I got to round out the order and average out the shipping between soaps.

Lsi35V3.jpg

0g0YYrE.jpg

Nice haul! That’s very fast shipping.

Vtg. Ceramic Shaving Bowl With Fish Motif With Lid

2MH7lRN.png

Vtg. Cobalt Blue Asian Design Golden Peacock & Flowers Shaving Bowl With Lid

Yz72skt.png
mnRVmJV.png
Congrats - two beautiful dishes. Your challenge now is to fill them with a soap worthy of such a fine receptacle, but I have every confidence that you shall.

A new brush from the masterful @TroyTools . I wanted something that was modern and non-traditional (not there’s anything wrong with traditional). I designed the shape myself using software and Troy was up to the challenge to bring my idea to life. This is his first three piece resin brush I believe. From the picture you can probably guess where I drew inspiration from. Very happy with how it turned out.

IMG-2978.jpg

A new brush from the masterful @TroyTools . I wanted something that was modern and non-traditional (not there’s anything wrong with traditional). I designed the shape myself using software and Troy was up to the challenge to bring my idea to life. This is his first three piece resin brush I believe. From the picture you can probably guess where I drew inspiration from. Very happy with how it turned out.

IMG-2978.jpg
Well that's definitely different. :) Does this one have a name?

IMG-2978.jpg
When I get a chance, I'll post a photo montage on the building of this brush. A new method for me was utilized to bring about the perfect separation of colours. Engineer it with 3 separate pieces on a metal lathe. Easy.