2023 Shaving Acquisitions Thread

Glad they arrived safe and sound.

To set the record straight though - I've been the recipient of @Gargravarr's generosity previously, what goes around sometimes comes around!
'Twas but nothing. It does mean something, however, for a famous champion of Dan, an "...all round good guy with an epic razor collection and an equally epic number of spreadsheets" ;) to sacrifice a limited edition APR fragrance.

Incidentally, I don't seem to be able to find that one in your tribute articles at your website. Is it missing, or am I looking in the wrong place? (I had guessed it belongs in Part 1.)

'Twas but nothing. It does mean something, however, for a famous champion of Dan, an "...all round good guy with an epic razor collection and an equally epic number of spreadsheets" ;) to sacrifice a limited edition APR fragrance.

Incidentally, I don't seem to be able to find that one in your tribute articles at your website. Is it missing, or am I looking in the wrong place? (I had guessed it belongs in Part 1.)

Well if there is a natural home for lavender …

Now you mention it, this is one I probably forget. I’m not sure it was ever ‘released’ per se. I must try to add it in.

Well if there is a natural home for lavender …

Now you mention it, this is one I probably forget. I’m not sure it was ever ‘released’ per se. I must try to add it in.
Incidentally, I have wondered from your SOTD shots if you have transferred the contents of newer bottles of other APR products to older bottles with the almost-handwritten labels when the latter get emptied. It's the sort of thing I'd do... :D

Incidentally, I have wondered from your SOTD shots if you have transferred the contents of newer bottles of other APR products to older bottles with the almost-handwritten labels when the latter get emptied. It's the sort of thing I'd do... :D

I've topped up General Ledger - but that is all!

vA4J53ol.jpg

Blackland brush and Fatip Lo Storto.

It's good to see international post returning to it's pre covid speed. The brush from the US and the razor from the UK didn't take long at all.

ZpvE1Ar.jpg

jA7ceF9.jpg

vvxGjY0.jpg

A nice user grade 1st generation Filarmonica 'Doble Temple' 14, also picked up a nice Suehiro 'Rika 5,000' whetstone to fill a gap in my honing progression.
Honed the Filli with Suehiro 1K/3K/5K, Shapton 8K, Naniwa 12K and it shaved beautifully! Very pleased, and a 10 day delivery from EU puts Aus Post to shame...

Last edited:
A new brush from the masterful @TroyTools . I wanted something that was modern and non-traditional (not there’s anything wrong with traditional). I designed the shape myself using software and Troy was up to the challenge to bring my idea to life. This is his first three piece resin brush I believe. From the picture you can probably guess where I drew inspiration from. Very happy with how it turned out.

IMG-2978.jpg
I very nearly bought a fastback too, but went with this little beauty as I wanted a manual.... Lovely brush, I would like something similar.

I very nearly bought a fastback too, but went with this little beauty as I wanted a manual.... Lovely brush, I would like something similar.

N sedan?

The console design I couldn’t come to terms with - so have a manual N-line hatch on order. It was only 6 months wait, the N was 12!

Are you enjoying it?

A bit sad that just about the only way of getting a proper manual gearbox these days is to get a Kenworth truck. Still love those old Road-Ranger crash boxes... :D

Our next car will be electric, so I'll have to get used to it, I guess...

This is the little brother i20N, and yes I Love it. Such a fun car to drive.
So is the Kona electric. Definitely zippy enough to force your head back into the restraint with a light touch on the pedal, and quiet as can be. Except for the road noise, of course, but of course there's not much we can do about that with our crap Australian roads. And no, @SpeedyPC, I'm not just talking about Tasmania.

I also really like the look of some of the electric motorcycles recently on the market. Just slightly problematic here with all our wildlife after dark. The hoppers don't have any brakes when they're airborne, and they are bad enough for a car, but lethal for a bike.

This is the little brother i20N, and yes I Love it. Such a fun car to drive.

The i20N - manual, I thought that they were not taking orders for the i20N any more?

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Sensational!

Not wanting to be shamed AGAIN, we are ahead of the game!

Please post your SHAVING Acquisitions here with pics if you have them.

Cool non-shaving stuff goes in this thread

Not wanting to be shamed AGAIN, we are ahead of the game!
Have you considered an annual acquisitions thread instead of monthly?
There are less posts in acquisitions than SOTD which is annual.