2023 Shaving Acquisitions Thread

CI9vMJJl.jpg

Because I'm a Star Wars nerd

May the 4th be with you.

XalnuGS.jpg

So, after 2 failed attempts at ordering the Yaqi Sentinel off Aliexpress (placed order only to have the vendor not ship and get a refund), I finally purchased DSCosmetic's version, the DS-AX. I wonder if it's white labelled produced by the same factory for both shops. I got the 1.35mm as I'm preferring a milder shave these days. I'm going to try it out on 2 days growth this evening (after work). Ordered 21/4, arrived 5/5. 2 weeks on the nose.

XalnuGS.jpg

So, after 2 failed attempts at ordering the Yaqi Sentinel off Aliexpress (placed order only to have the vendor not ship and get a refund), I finally purchased DSCosmetic's version, the DS-AX. I wonder if it's white labelled produced by the same factory for both shops. I got the 1.35mm as I'm preferring a milder shave these days. I'm going to try it out on 2 days growth this evening (after work). Ordered 21/4, arrived 5/5. 2 weeks on the nose.
Save you're money and get yourself a real Wolfman razor or a Blackland, I wouldn't bloody bother with any bull 💩 stupid dumbass Chinese stealing cloney crappy cheapy with very poor quality control pissy razors.

52871680315_3fd4910b5c_c.jpg

52871737863_416a309aa7_c.jpg

Bath soaps from Beard and Blade
If you enjoy Lonestar and would like to try others in a similar vein, try this mob:

I found their site years ago by accident and have ordered heaps off them. I've been trying to convince them for years now to make shaving soaps. They seemed interested in their replies but it's not happened yet.

Four weeks ago I purchased a run down filthy Fatboy with a bent T-bar for $AUD19.95. Just got it back from Chris at Back Roads Gold in today's mail. Repaired and replated in Mirror Nickel/Gold. Looking forward to using it tomorrow morning.
Fatboy.jpg
The gold highlights are a nice touch (y)

Four weeks ago I purchased a run down filthy Fatboy with a bent T-bar for $AUD19.95. Just got it back from Chris at Back Roads Gold in today's mail. Repaired and replated in Mirror Nickel/Gold. Looking forward to using it tomorrow morning.
Fatboy.jpg
I've got a couple of his razors, his work is absolutely worth the money. I've not been disappointed yet.

My Fatboy from Chris is one of my all time favourites.