April 2016 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few treats in the mail this month for me, and this is the one I've been looking forward to the most. Thanks to the fine gents here who have put up with me numerous asking questions about configurations, different brands and hair types.

The shavemac 2-band fan - 25mm x 50mm loft - handle model 412 colour - Blue marble.

Will update with better pre and post bloom pics :)

7ob0373.jpg

XnSTung.jpg
Beautiful brush mate! Well done!

Last edited by a moderator:
A few treats in the mail this month for me, and this is the one I've been looking forward to the most. Thanks to the fine gents here who have put up with me numerous asking questions about configurations, different brands and hair types.

The shavemac 2-band fan - 25mm x 50mm loft - handle model 412 colour - Blue marble.

Beautiful Korbz, enjoy!!!

A gorgeous brush mate!!!
Since picking up a 2-band Shavemac last month, all others have paled in comparison. This is a gem of a brush. Treat it well and enjoy it!

A few treats in the mail this month for me, and this is the one I've been looking forward to the most. Thanks to the fine gents here who have put up with me asking numerous questions about configurations, different brands and hair types.

7ob0373.jpg

XnSTung.jpg

@Korbz what a beautiful baby I think I'm going to :cry: and how much to you pay for this feel like I want one too :unsure::whistle:

Did you get these through shipto given that Wolf Whiskers won't post badger OS? Also what are the dimensions of the knots & handle style ?

I'm on the waiting list so trying to figure out as much as I can before I need to make a decision.

Thank you.
Shave Revolution
Believe they're a 24mm knot with a 55mm loft
Handle is Gloss Black and the other is Midnight Orchid

If there are larger options, I would be happy to trade you/discuss further :)

Beautiful brushes @borked and @Korbz - can't wait to hear your thoughts on them...

@borked I think if you want larger WW brushes, you have to order through them directly, which is not so easy...

Shave Revolution
Believe they're a 24mm knot with a 55mm loft
Handle is Gloss Black and the other is Midnight Orchid

If there are larger options, I would be happy to trade you/discuss further :)
Thanks mate.

Last edited by a moderator:
This could be my most challenging one yet let's see after I receive and look it over
TFOXooR.jpg

O95vRLS.jpg

JBItngK.jpg

Hi Guys
As most of you know I scored this cruddy old Gillette Fat Boy the other day so dirty only till about 3 hours ago did I know what year and quarter it was it is a 1960 F4 & I have applied my TLC to it which is how I arrived at the following Before & After. Now mechanically it's spot on did not even need me to adjust it's blade gap settings there is a tiny bit of brassing on one of the blade doors not overly noiticeable
M62uNMb.jpg

CoFbZY8.jpg

9NK6Bb3.jpg

fTC3xnX.jpg

vzt1vzx.jpg

gEv6Tan.jpg

Hi Guys
As most of you know I scored this cruddy old Gillette Fat Boy the other day so dirty only till about 3 hours ago did I know what year and quarter it was it is a 1960 F4 & I have applied my TLC to it which is how I arrived at the following Before & After. Now mechanically it's spot on did not even need me to adjust it's blade gap settings there is a tiny bit of brassing on one of the blade doors not overly noiticeable
M62uNMb.jpg

CoFbZY8.jpg

9NK6Bb3.jpg

fTC3xnX.jpg

vzt1vzx.jpg

gEv6Tan.jpg

Sensational work mate!

Hi Guys
M62uNMb.jpg

CoFbZY8.jpg

9NK6Bb3.jpg

fTC3xnX.jpg

vzt1vzx.jpg

gEv6Tan.jpg
Do you only clean and polish them? Or are you actually replating them too? I can't believe the finish you come up with on these razors! They look magnificent.[emoji106]

Status
Not open for further replies.