April 2016 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys
As most of you know I scored this cruddy old Gillette Fat Boy the other day so dirty only till about 3 hours ago did I know what year and quarter it was it is a 1960 F4 & I have applied my TLC to it which is how I arrived at the following Before & After. Now mechanically it's spot on did not even need me to adjust it's blade gap settings there is a tiny bit of brassing on one of the blade doors not overly noiticeable
M62uNMb.jpg

CoFbZY8.jpg

9NK6Bb3.jpg

fTC3xnX.jpg

vzt1vzx.jpg

gEv6Tan.jpg

Wow, that is amazing.

Grabbed this Parker 567 last night for $50 to my door. It's got a bit too much hone wear for my liking - which is uneven too - so I regret it already. Scales need a polish and I really hope the rust spot is surface only. Oh well, I have been wanting one for a bit and it was a bargain ($300+ if NOS. The reasons for the cheap price are plentiful). Buyers remorse sucks doesn't it!

$_57.JPG

This lot is a nice win for me and my last - I am now in treatment for RAD and on Sabbatical!!

Job lot, excluding the Parker on the far left $30 to my door. Rolls is by catch but cool none the less and will look nice on my vintage display shelf. Been keen to try some Sheffield steel, in particular a Bengal. The other is "Geo Wostenholm & Son". Blade etching is curious; "the original and only genuine pipe razor". Is that like a corn razor, but for pipes?? Measures 17mm or just over 5/8. Bengal comes in at 20.5mm, over 6/8 - my preferred size.

Now, just got to wait for my hones to arrive and get these guys a shave edge.

43f4fae7c6ef9b3a47fab624fd4f6c63.jpg

Hi Everyone,

This month I was the recipient of an incredibly generous package.
Early this week, I was sent a box of goodies from @Draco Noir.
He had contacted me the previous week asking for my postal address, which I happily forwarded to him.

@Draco Noir's package contained far more than I was certainly expecting.
There was an assortment of soaps, creams pre and after shave products. And also an open comb Gillette razor to try.
@Draco Noir sent these items to me off his own back, out of the goodness of his heart.
I appreciate his generosity immensely.
As a relatively new wet shaver, I have relatively little idea of which scents or products I like or don't.
So this is a fantastic opportunity to try out some different products with no risk involved.

So enough babbling from me, I just wanted to make sure that credit was given where credit was due.
Thank you very much @Draco Noir. Here is a list of items in my goodie box:

Razor:
Gillette OC Razor

Soaps/Creams:
Cella shave soap
Shaver Heaven Eucalyptus & Lavender shave soap
B & M Rhapsody shave soap
Men u shave cream
St James of London Mandarin & Patchouli shave cream
Antiga Barbearia de Bairro shave soap

After Shave:
Shaveworks "the cool fix" balm
Jade East A/S
St James of London Mandarin & Patchouli cologne

Blades:
200 Voskhod

Pre shave:
eShave orange sandlewood pre shave oil

Misc:
Men's Biz brush stand
Muhle safety razor blade guard
Proraso styptic gel
Mondial No 908 Homme sample A/S lotion
Keihl's brushless shave cream
Neutrogena "Razor defense" Face scub

Hopefully I haven't missed anything, I'll try and get a photo soon.
Just wanted to acknowledge @Draco Noir and his amazing and much appreciated generosity.

Hi Everyone,

This month I was the recipient of an incredibly generous package.
Early this week, I was sent a box of goodies from @Draco Noir.
He had contacted me the previous week asking for my postal address, which I happily forwarded to him.

@Draco Noir's package contained far more than I was certainly expecting.
There was an assortment of soaps, creams pre and after shave products. And also an open comb Gillette razor to try.
@Draco Noir sent these items to me off his own back, out of the goodness of his heart.
I appreciate his generosity immensely.
As a relatively new wet shaver, I have relatively little idea of which scents or products I like or don't.
So this is a fantastic opportunity to try out some different products with no risk involved.

So enough babbling from me, I just wanted to make sure that credit was given where credit was due.
Thank you very much @Draco Noir. Here is a list of items in my goodie box:

Razor:
Gillette OC Razor

Soaps/Creams:
Cella shave soap
Shaver Heaven Eucalyptus & Lavender shave soap
B & M Rhapsody shave soap
Men u shave cream
St James of London Mandarin & Patchouli shave cream
Antiga Barbearia de Bairro shave soap

After Shave:
Shaveworks "the cool fix" balm
Jade East A/S
St James of London Mandarin & Patchouli cologne

Blades:
200 Voskhod

Pre shave:
eShave orange sandlewood pre shave oil

Misc:
Men's Biz brush stand
Muhle safety razor blade guard
Proraso styptic gel
Mondial No 908 Homme sample A/S lotion
Keihl's brushless shave cream
Neutrogena "Razor defense" Face scub

Hopefully I haven't missed anything, I'll try and get a photo soon.
Just wanted to acknowledge @Draco Noir and his amazing and much appreciated generosity.
Wow! That's pretty haul of goodies!

When you get the chance to try the antiga barbearia de bairro shave soap, do post some of your thoughts on it. I have one coming my way from Spain.
Seeing that there aren't a lot of people posting about it, I hope it's good. Con aka shave the man highly recommended the soap. So far his recommendations have been pretty spot on for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! That's pretty haul of goodies!

When you get the chance to try the antiga barbearia de bairro shave soap, do post some of your thoughts on it. I have one coming my way from Spain.
Seeing that there aren't a lot of people posting about it, I hope it's good. Con aka shave the man highly recommended the soap. So far his recommendations have been pretty spot on for me.
Being the only stipulation of this amazing gift, I will be posting about each item that I use during this wonderful adventure of exploration!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.