April 2016 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,

This month I was the recipient of an incredibly generous package.
Early this week, I was sent a box of goodies from @Draco Noir.
He had contacted me the previous week asking for my postal address, which I happily forwarded to him.

@Draco Noir's package contained far more than I was certainly expecting.
There was an assortment of soaps, creams pre and after shave products. And also an open comb Gillette razor to try.
@Draco Noir sent these items to me off his own back, out of the goodness of his heart.
I appreciate his generosity immensely.
As a relatively new wet shaver, I have relatively little idea of which scents or products I like or don't.
So this is a fantastic opportunity to try out some different products with no risk involved.

So enough babbling from me, I just wanted to make sure that credit was given where credit was due.
Thank you very much @Draco Noir. Here is a list of items in my goodie box:

Razor:
Gillette OC Razor

Soaps/Creams:
Cella shave soap
Shaver Heaven Eucalyptus & Lavender shave soap
B & M Rhapsody shave soap
Men u shave cream
St James of London Mandarin & Patchouli shave cream
Antiga Barbearia de Bairro shave soap

After Shave:
Shaveworks "the cool fix" balm
Jade East A/S
St James of London Mandarin & Patchouli cologne

Blades:
200 Voskhod

Pre shave:
eShave orange sandlewood pre shave oil

Misc:
Men's Biz brush stand
Muhle safety razor blade guard
Proraso styptic gel
Mondial No 908 Homme sample A/S lotion
Keihl's brushless shave cream
Neutrogena "Razor defense" Face scub

Hopefully I haven't missed anything, I'll try and get a photo soon.
Just wanted to acknowledge @Draco Noir and his amazing and much appreciated generosity.

Ditto - incredible package from @Draco Noir !

I know I'm on sabbatical but being less than 200 metres away it would be rude not to visit my 'neighbours' and support their business.

The shop and museum is amazing, even tour groups going through, something @shavetheman can aspire to in Lithgow? Oh, that is right - they are already happening!

Bearing that in mind the customer service was a little 'Italian' (patchy and somewhat diffident in a cool kinda way) and certainly not up with the expectations created by our Aussie vendors like Con, @Anthony, @Occams etc

Mind you, the Japanese girl in front of me spent over 1,000 euros so my purchase was on a much smaller scale -

Crema da barba and Lozione Dopo Barba in Tabacco Toscano for only 76 euro (around $A110). Gold plated? Yeah but meant to be very nice and this will be a once in a lifetime :)

I know I'm on sabbatical but being less than 200 metres away it would be rude not to visit my 'neighbours' and support their business.

The shop and museum is amazing, even tour groups going through, something @shavetheman can aspire to in Lithgow? Oh, that is right - they are already happening!

Bearing that in mind the customer service was a little 'Italian' (patchy and somewhat diffident in a cool kinda way) and certainly not up with the expectations created by our Aussie vendors like Con, @Anthony, @Occams etc

Mind you, the Japanese girl in front of me spent over 1,000 euros so my purchase was on a much smaller scale -

Crema da barba and Lozione Dopo Barba in Tabacco Toscano for only 76 euro (around $A110). Gold plated? Yeah but meant to be very nice and this will be a once in a lifetime :)
SMN is certainly on my "when I win the lotto" purchase list :) great buy mate and looking forward to being enabled by your review

My first haul in the wild, in 4 years! I went to fuel my car and there was an outdoor flea market in the parking.

pOD8Zo5.png

You'll love it!

I'm not even going to go there with the sabbatical thing...especially as it seems to be one of those places where the price list doesn't have any prices on it.
"If you have to ask, you can't afford, now bugger off peasant"

Yeah - bit like that!

154345.jpg

The postie arrived from Russia, Central Queensland and Melbourne today.

A 5/8" generic Russian razor.
A stunning 1k bevel setter from Ebay - Central Queensland
A 2 stunningly well presented soaps from Shaver Heaven.

I have waited another hour for my whiskers to grow a bit more to use all these goodies. I honed the Russian razor this afternoon.

154345.jpg

The postie arrived from Russia, Central Queensland and Melbourne today.

A 5/8" generic Russian razor.
A stunning 1k bevel setter from Ebay - Central Queensland
A 2 stunningly well presented soaps from Shaver Heaven.

I have waited another hour for my whiskers to grow a bit more to use all these goodies. I honed the Russian razor this afternoon.
You will love the drogon noir. Great stuff!

It's bloody ripper today and I'm in a great mood why? I've received my Simpsons Chubby 2 Best Badger today via International Express Post and I won't be using this brush not yet, until I receive my Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest (best) Badger in Cherry Wood hopefully this Friday because that the brush I want to used first than later on is the Chubby 2 Best ;)

Wow :eek: now I've got 3 Simpsons Brushes and no more not going to buy another Simpsons, since the Chubby 2 has nearly cost me my other half of my kidney and liver.........Ouch! :oops::sick::cautious::rolleyes:

It's bloody ripper today and I'm in a great mood why? I've received my Simpsons Chubby 2 Best Badger today via International Express Post and I won't be using this brush not yet, until I receive my Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest (best) Badger in Cherry Wood hopefully this Friday because that the brush I want to used first than later on is the Chubby 2 Best ;)

Wow :eek: now I've got 3 Simpsons Brushes and no more not going to buy another Simpsons, since the Chubby 2 has nearly cost me my other half of my kidney and liver.........Ouch! :oops::sick::cautious::rolleyes:
Fantastic loot. You will love the chubby. Do keep us updated when you will be using it. I would love to hear your thoughts on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.