August 2016 Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone else ordered from shaving.ie and received undamaged boxes, can you upload an image of them and if possible, the package the order came in or the order number in lieu?
They're now trying to dismiss Mark's order as an anomality after categorically stating they don't send out undamaged boxes and provided with evidence ahowingbitherwise.

I received my 200 today. No boxes at all. 20 x 10 loose packets

Interesting as normally the customer service from Connaught is pretty good. [Edit: it is - these are from Shaving.ie!]

I think they have created a problem for themselves with these though as they are selling in lots of 100 and 200 but the boxes are 250. Obviously that worked for my order of 1,000, and would work for an order of 500, but for orders of 100, 200 etc they probably only have loose boxes.

Last edited:
If anyone else ordered from shaving.ie and received undamaged boxes, can you upload an image of them and if possible, the package the order came in or the order number in lieu?
Interesting as normally the customer service from Connaught is pretty good.
I thought Connaught and shaving.ie are two different companies. I ordered from Connaught few times and always the package was great.

I thought Connaught and shaving.ie are two different companies. I ordered from Connaught few times and always the package was great.

Yes they are!

My bad, I'd forgotten these are from shaving.ie ...

OOPS

I bought a bottle of floid blue from shaving.ie and when it arrived I looked at the box and immediately assumed that the bottle would be broken as the box was trashed. Surprisingly the bottle was intact although it wasn't very well packaged inside either.

8eb6d186aacb573a668b5f6249d03ea2.jpg

My second Wolfwhiskers with an Envy White Supreme 26mm and a custom colour resin handle.

Love the handwritten note. Adds a personal touch to it.

Many thanks for enabling @alfredus

Mail Call.

Went a bit 'crazy' the other day and ordered 100 feather blades instead of my usual 50!!!

WOW - living on the edge mate ;)

[the accountant in me presumes that the per blade cost was reduced...]

WOW - living on the edge mate ;)

[the accountant in me presumes that the per blade cost was reduced...]

The bade cost was reduced, however to throw a further spanner in the works I have a bunch of Vintage blades that you sent me to trial over the coming weeks so I have quite the 'Stockpile' of blades atm :p

8eb6d186aacb573a668b5f6249d03ea2.jpg

My second Wolfwhiskers with an Envy White Supreme 26mm and a custom colour resin handle.

Love the handwritten note. Adds a personal touch to it.

Many thanks for enabling @alfredus

Wowsers!!! We are getting into brush envy territory here @silver - please pace yourself :D

But seriously: what a beautiful looking brush and knot - ENJOY (y)

Wow!!! What a great looking brush!!!
Many thanks @filobiblic, I was glad it turned out well. Choosing colours yourself and all. Phew!

Wowsers!!! We are getting into brush envy territory here @silver - please pace yourself :D

But seriously: what a beautiful looking brush and knot - ENJOY (y)

Many thanks @alfredus, but you are right, I have to pace myself. I still have one spot for the LE P&C Brush. So it's all good.
The knot sure is something, I gave it a shampoo. First palm impressions are very impressive. Let's see how it is on the face. I will shampoo it a few times then use it.

They're now trying to dismiss Mark's order as an anomality after categorically stating they don't send out undamaged boxes and provided with evidence ahowingbitherwise.

Received my 1400 blades. They sent 5 sealed boxes and one partial box to make up the total of 1400. No damage at all, each box is in perfect shape.

Now I have to patiently wait until next year, when I visit Sydney, to try them.

Received my 1400 blades. They sent 5 sealed boxes and one partial box to make up the total of 1400. No damage at all, each box is in perfect shape.

Now I have to patiently wait until next year, when I visit Sydney, to try them.
Is a picture at least possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.