August 2016 Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sc9NGvK.jpg

Another morning mail call from @shavetheman. Needing to restock the Cheshire (A B+M all time favourite) I decided to pick up some 42 now that the hype has died down and it's ''cool'' again. Fortunately a friend on another forum had a couple of spare pucks of soap to sell me as the bricks and mortar's are all sold out. I ordered this on tuesday and it arrived today, no faulting the speed of delivery.

Sc9NGvK.jpg

Another morning mail call from @shavetheman. Needing to restock the Cheshire (A B+M all time favourite) I decided to pick up some 42 now that the hype has died down and it's ''cool'' again. Fortunately a friend on another forum had a couple of spare pucks of soap to sell me as the bricks and mortar's are all sold out. I ordered this on tuesday and it arrived today, no faulting the speed of delivery.

Cheshire is a favourite of mine! Love the 42 splash as well, little bit of zing and moderate scent duration. The scent of the soap really evolved for me over time - became more lemony.

a5922ceb4eb1f4a06f26b5f02d95ad42.jpg

Myrsols
Metilsol is a new one for me. Smells like mouthwash.
My previous Formula C met an early demise as I broke it when it was about 70% full. Replacement clearly needed. Pity I didn't break the Blue or the F or the K.

Shave oils
I love these for post shave application (never pre). A new Sandalwood one on the scene might be interesting.

Soaps
Thought I'd be patriotic and try some of the Greek Faena soap.
Sudsy Citrus & Bay smells just awesome.

a5922ceb4eb1f4a06f26b5f02d95ad42.jpg

Myrsols
Metilsol is a new one for me. Smells like mouthwash.
My previous Formula C met an early demise as I broke it when it was about 70% full. Replacement clearly needed. Pity I didn't break the Blue or the F or the K.

Shave oils
I love these for post shave application (never pre). A new Sandalwood one on the scene might be interesting.

Soaps
Thought I'd be patriotic and try some of the Greek Faena soap.
Sudsy Citrus & Bay smells just awesome.

Nice pick ups!
I'm keen to hear what you think of the post-shave Sudsy Soapery oils. I use a pure oil (Argan, Jojoba, EVOO) every post-shave but I've never tried a scented blend. I wonder how it affects any aftershave...?

Nice pick ups!
I'm keen to hear what you think of the post-shave Sudsy Soapery oils. I use a pure oil (Argan, Jojoba, EVOO) every post-shave but I've never tried a scented blend. I wonder how it affects any aftershave...?

I've been using the citrus bay oil for a while. It's great. Just a small amount on the palm (2-3 drops) wet the opposite hand and rub palms then apply. I often overlay with a small amount of unscented moisturiser (I like the triumph and disaster gameface) or just leave it at that. No aftershave. The scent is very light. I've also made an olive oil, Vetiver, lavender blend that I use similarly. The 3 other sudsy soapery ones are all new. I'll post some reviews.

I've been using the citrus bay oil for a while. It's great. Just a small amount on the palm (2-3 drops) wet the opposite hand and rub palms then apply. I often overlay with a small amount of unscented moisturiser (I like the triumph and disaster gameface) or just leave it at that. No aftershave. The scent is very light. I've also made an olive oil, Vetiver, lavender blend that I use similarly. The 3 other sudsy soapery ones are all new. I'll post some reviews.

I'd really like to read your reviews. [emoji106]

(I like to use witch hazel and then a few drops of oil applied as you say with wet hands. I then apply an aftershave after a few minutes to take away any excess oil...)

I'd really like to read your reviews. [emoji106]

(I like to use witch hazel and then a few drops of oil applied as you say with wet hands. I then apply an aftershave after a few minutes to take away any excess oil...)

I try to not have any excess oil. The sudsy soapery oil is slightly thick and seems to work well with just 3 drops. It has rice bran oil in it. My olive oil mixture is a bit less viscous and seems to leave more of an oily feeling. 2 drops max of that.

I try to not have any excess oil. The sudsy soapery oil is slightly thick and seems to work well with just 3 drops. It has rice bran oil in it. My olive oil mixture is a bit less viscous and seems to leave more of an oily feeling. 2 drops max of that.

Yes. You have to adjust for the oil.
I haven't used Rice Bran oil but Argan and Jojoba oils are very light and absorb very quickly and thoroughly into the skin. The EVOO is thicker so I use less and it doesn't absorb as well.

There's a lot of different oils that are possible. Sweet Almond is also good, so too avocado and many others. I just haven't used a scented blend. I've been tempted through.

4ahpPj1.jpg

Small at work mail call, the Aftershave milk to complete my Arlington set. A fantastic scent and superb British performance from this mainstay.

Look what i found for my shop this weekend! Anyone got one of these? She is a 1962 H4 Lady Gillette Blue Star , the colour is fantastic.
great little shaver these, got the Bride one a year or so ago, she still cant bring her self to use it, but have a few of times, the handle is a hinderer for faces but better for arms, legs etc
great find

I picked up a nice little haul last week during an interstate trip

ced68838d28d491bd6d82cbd0e645461.jpg

WOW - you find stuff in the wild - in Australia! Congrats!

That Red Tip looks NOS - very very nice

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW - you find stuff in the wild - in Australia! Congrats!

That Red Tip looks NOS - very very nice

Thank you sir! I was lucky enough to find this lot in two small, rarely-visited antique stores in western NSW.

Unfortunately, I had to resort to fleaBay to find a period-correct blade dispenser to complete the set!

Thank you sir! I was lucky enough to find this lot in two small, rarely-visited antique stores in western NSW.

Unfortunately, I had to resort to fleaBay to find a period-correct blade dispenser to complete the set!

So YOU are the guy who always gets there a week before me an buys all the DEs!!!! :)

Hey - Happy shaving :)

Status
Not open for further replies.