AusFarce or AusFantastic?

Best I’ve had was a beautiful cased Masonic New, tracked all the way from the states, got to my suburb and BAM— gone.

Same here :mad: They lost a Slim Adjustable, a vintage shaving mug and a brush despite being tracked on the AusPost app :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Best I’ve had was a beautiful cased Masonic New, tracked all the way from the states, got to my suburb and BAM— gone.

Did Australia Post compensate you for the missing parcels? I don’t want to be out of pocket if they can’t find my (expensive) brush.

You won't get more than 50AUD from them at a maximum, unless you took out extra insurance.

Did Australia Post compensate you for the missing parcels? I don’t want to be out of pocket if they can’t find my (expensive) brush.
Nope. I’m not their customer, the sender is.
That said eBay sorted my outlay but the razor was rather a rare piece and I’ve not seen one prior or since.

This is I why prefer to ship tracked and insured with signature on deliver usually, as the posty here will just leave packages on top of my letter box for anyone to grab on the way pastor no ones home
Yes and AusFarce's contempt towards customers is hardly a deliberate action to 'encourage' people to utilise a more expensive service, just to ensure that they actually get the package, even if 2 weeks late!
No I'm not bitter, you're bitter! :)

The latest trick, is for them to say it's in transit, out for delivery, with no further tracking until you call up asking WTF is going on, only for it to go out for delivery again days later, for them to not follow delivery instructions and card it, likely out of spite.

i5xbw8.jpg

Nope, they did not :shifty: Even if they gave compensation, it would only be for a minimal amount. They have the details somewhere on their website :yuck:
If the item is lost before your receipt at the parcel locker, legally you could argue that it is still in their care, thus full liability lies with them.
Relevant industry Ombudsman or Dept Fair Trading could no doubt advise you further.

If the item is lost before your receipt at the parcel locker, legally you could argue that it is still in their care, thus full liability lies with them.
Relevant industry Ombudsman or Dept Fair Trading could no doubt advise you further.
I chased them up until the point where it wasn’t worth the stress anymore. It got to the stage where they were passing the blame of losing the package in Australia to USPS & the seller. Shaving was meant to be relaxing & pleasant for me, and dealing with AusPost in instances like this was the exact opposite! I just keep my fingers crossed whenever I have a package coming in the mail :whistle:

I chased them up until the point where it wasn’t worth the stress anymore. It got to the stage where they were passing the blame of losing the package in Australia to USPS & the seller. Shaving was meant to be relaxing & pleasant for me, and dealing with AusPost in instances like this was the exact opposite! I just keep my fingers crossed whenever I have a package coming in the mail :whistle:
It is sad that when it comes to AusPost, we hope and wish, rather than know we can rely upon them.

Ausfarce at it again -

The automated email I received on Monday saying anticipated delivery was Tuesday was clearly not accurate.

The further automated email I received today saying anticipated delivery is Thursday I have little trust in either!

What DO they do with things as Chullora?

I’ve got an item coming from Adelaide to Melbourne which had eta 24/7.
It was in Sunshine, Melbourne but today had gone the other direction to Echuca with expected delivery now Friday 27/7!!!

I bought a Tube Screamer guitar pedal a few years ago, from a guy in Dubbo. He sent it out on the same day, and gave the tracking details.

No word of a lie, the tracking went Dubbo, Granville, Chullora, Granville, Dubbo, Orange, Granville, Tuggerah. This was over 9 days, and was not in a peak period, like Christmas.

And the coffee I just roasted went from Lane Cove to Dubbo, to Sunshine West (Vic), to Armeer (near Sunshine West), to Chullora, then to Tuggerah.

With this amazing efficiency, I can't see Postal rates falling any time soon...

I’ve got an item coming from Adelaide to Melbourne which had eta 24/7.
It was in Sunshine, Melbourne but today had gone the other direction to Echuca with expected delivery now Friday 27/7!!!

I bought a Tube Screamer guitar pedal a few years ago, from a guy in Dubbo. He sent it out on the same day, and gave the tracking details.

No word of a lie, the tracking went Dubbo, Granville, Chullora, Granville, Dubbo, Orange, Granville, Tuggerah. This was over 9 days, and was not in a peak period, like Christmas.

And the coffee I just roasted went from Lane Cove to Dubbo, to Sunshine West (Vic), to Armeer (near Sunshine West), to Chullora, then to Tuggerah.

With this amazing efficiency, I can't see Postal rates falling any time soon...

So what is worse?

1. Tracking that shows NOTHING (or maybe initial scan) until after delivery OR
  2. Tracking that shows a very circuitous route to the destination

Well my package from Rockwell US has come through fine from DHL to my Aus Post Parcel Locker today & only took around 8 days and tracking it through appeared spot on, so I guess I'm lucky