AusPost - As Useful As Mammaries On A Bull !

...agree with all the above...AND Australia Post is raising postage charges from Jan 3 next year...because they made a "$138 M loss last financial year"...so we pay more for the crap service???

And they wonder why Aussie business is not doing well. How can you be competitive?
Not only are you fighting overseas pricing, you have to cover the post eff ups

Last edited by a moderator:
Methinks in future, I'll avail myself of a Courier service. At least I have a degree of certainty and redress if necessary WITHOUT the hassle of dealing with numpties (a guid Scots adjective)!!

Started a dispute once with a seller, who sent and item via courier. Never received my item, but seller said, he had proof I received it. Some nasties were exchanged, until the seller showed me a picture of "my" signature on delivery...which spelled my name wrong :D

After 3 weeks, my neighbour came back from holidays, and found my package on his porch - the delivery guy had signed it himself and left it on the wrong porch...great service yes?

Started a dispute once with a seller, who sent and item via courier. Never received my item, but seller said, he had proof I received it. Some nasties were exchanged, until the seller showed me a picture of "my" signature on delivery...which spelled my name wrong :D

After 3 weeks, my neighbour came back from holidays, and found my package on his porch - the delivery guy had signed it himself and left it on the wrong porch...great service yes?

I happened to be at an upstairs window and see a courier pull up at Christmas, hop out and throw a card into my mailbox. Thinking I knew what was going on I ran downstairs, out the front door, grabbed the card out of the letterbox and stood on the road in front of the van which had driven off the nature strip in front of my place and done a u-turn just down the road.

'Didn't look like there was anybody home' was the excuse. Given that he was twice my size I'd didn't push my luck and was just grateful to get my parcel. I suspect at busy times of the year this might not be uncommon ...

[Yes, I could have reported him to the courier company BUT he, literally, knew where I lived and he seriously was NOT somebody I wanted to mess with. Call me chicken but I'm here in one piece typing this!]

More than once a courier has left a 'missed you' card when I was in, but never even bothered to ring the bell. I don't see the point. They only have to go and dump a heap of parcels at the local PO or back at the depo

Can someone kindly link AusFarce to this thread?

Can someone kindly link AusFarce to this thread?
Okay, I will.
My package from Gifts&Care arrived in Perth on 20 November (13 days ago) and I'm STILL AWAITING DELIVERY to Fremantle area by AusFarce - couldn't organise an orgy in a brothel!
PLUS
A second package from NZ which was posted 10 days ago in Auckland. I believe Air New Zealand fly Auckland-Perth daily. NZ Post's website leaves AusFarce's for dead, see
https://www.courierpost.co.nz
Looks the goods and even advises of delivery delays - yeah, we can all wish AusFarce would do likewise, can't we :whistle::whistle:.

EDIT: Apologies @borked, I'm occasionally a little slow. It took me three reads to "catch your drift". According to my LPO staff, AusPost Parcel Division, can only be contacted via phone! Even THAT is bovine excrement! With a little effort, look what I located:
https://auspost.com.au/help/#/conta...rcels&subcategory=Other_international_parcels

Last edited:
*** UPDATE ***

Well guys, my order for Myrsol Blue & the new Myrsol Shave Cream from Gifts&Care is yet to be delivered by AusFarce. Tracking indicates arrival in Perth, 20 November. SIXTEEN days later, still no delivery to the Fremantle area; a distance of, at most, 16 Kms (10 miles)!

A second order, placed on 22November, from New Zealand was delivered yesterday, Monday, 5th December. 14 days for delivery from Auckland, which has daily flights to/from Perth, does not inspire confidence that my initial package above will be delivered before Christmas as it now has to contend with the Christmas rush. EXCREMENT!!

I got notification today that the thoroughly useless SOB's at Aust Post have lost my Sumatran Styrax Benzoin en route to delivery, the woman I spoke to had no possible conception of how it may effect my fellow members on P&C either!

I'm sure it will turn up, I just felt like making a further contribution to the record of how bloody useless AP can be.

My brother works for the Australia Post and he fully understand how frustrating for everybody, he just said to me you either put up with it or shut up about it because there too many none Australian workers still don't understand the delivery system on site and on the road :censored:

Unless you want to vote for Donald Trump :censored: so you choose, easy or hard :censored::censored::censored: and this is no joke from my brother :censored: because he's not very happy what's going on at the Australian Post management office :censored::censored:

Last edited:
My brother works for the Australia Post and he fully understand how frustration for everybody, he just said to me you either put up with it or shut up about it because their too many none Australian workers still don't understand the delivery system on site and on the road :censored:

Unless you want to vote for Donald Trump :censored: so you choose, easy or hard.

With respect to your brother but I cannot accept the first paragraph. How difficult should sorting/dispatch/delivery be, with AusPost's decades of experience?

IF delays are occurring at Sorting Centres because "too many non-Australian workers still do not understand the delivery system on site", remedial training and regular supervision should be implemented to ensure understanding and correct procedures are adhered to.
IF delays are occurring because "too many non-Australian workers do not understand the delivery system ....... on the road" (inferring drivers), almost everyone has either a GPS or smart-phone with maps loaded. Indeed, I would be surprised if AusPost delivery vehicles were not fitted with GPS.

The "put up with it or shut up about it" attitude will result ONLY in the continuation of dismal customer service.

"The customer is ALWAYS correct."
Harold Gordon Selfridge, founder of Selfridges, named the world's best department store in 2010 and 2012.

All I can say there trying very hard too supervise them and too train them is become a cultural and language barrier problem, and also their too afraid of computers, GPS etc etc is going to take a while that is why Australian Post is spending a lot of money in these areas.

My guess is that management are not up to the job of sacking people who don't perform. Preferring to hide behind HR procedures etc that they think make it "too hard". It's their job to get rid of people who can't do their job but it seems to be beyond them. I see it everywhere...

My guess is that management are not up to the job of sacking people who don't perform. Preferring to hide behind HR procedures etc that they think make it "too hard". It's their job to get rid of people who can't do their job but it seems to be beyond them. I see it everywhere...

@RazorPlay welcome to the real world of KAOS complex project, business and HR management.