DOTD! What are y'all drinking on today.

Discussion started by the_shaving_sailor, May 17, 2017.

1. Rami

Rami Member 2017 Sabbatical

Guess i will find out how good it is.

[​IMG]

Mark1966 likes this.
  2. Cpt Bluebear

Cpt Bluebear Member

Whisky and Rye

[​IMG]

A fifty fifty mix.

According to an American mate this is very old school Americana from the days when you'd order a shot of local rot gut and mix it with Canadian rye (made by professionals who weren't hiding in a barn from the Po-lice or Revenoo) to make it palatable. He recommends 2 parts Marker's Mark to 1 part Canadian Rye for a passable immitation of what Jack Daniels No7 used to be. All I had was a Malt from Seattle which is considerably more assertive than MM.

Now, where are me old Don McLean records...

Psmith likes this.
  3. Mark1966

Mark1966 Shavepocalypse 'Prepper' Site Moderator Grand Society 2016 Sabbatical Fail

Far more exotic and interesting than my Ardbeg (again).

Oh, here you go -

4. David7307

David7307 Member

I am drinking a dimple these days nothing special, my favorite go back to scotch is famous grouse, reasonable price and i like it

5. Mark1966

Mark1966 Shavepocalypse 'Prepper' Site Moderator Grand Society 2016 Sabbatical Fail

If you are happy that is all that matters :)

6. borked

borked Shave, collect B&M pokemon, vodka, sleep, repeat Grand Society Group Buy Associate Da Menth Heads

What's your current recommendations for sherry casked?

7. Psmith

Psmith Member

I love a good rye in a cocktail.
    I've mostly been drinking Manhattans over the last few weeks. 2 parts of (the excellent) Knob Creek Rye to 1 part Dolin Red Vermouth. Some bitters stirred over ice and served with a twist of lemon in a coupe. The perfect way to signify the end of the working day and it makes me feel like Don Draper.

8. JugV2

JugV2 Simply boring. Moderator

Just had a birthday and received a bottle of Canadian Club which is nice. I prefer a bourbon and had to hunt far and wide to get a bottle of Basil Hayden in this town.
    Top drop if you like it over ice or even with a wedge of lime.
    I just can't drink Beam or Turkey, Makers is sometimes tolerable.