DOTD! What are y'all drinking on today.

I used to have one from here many moons ago - make sure you keep them full enough so they don't dry out and shrink - devasting ...
Sounds like there's a story attached to this.

Sounds like there's a story attached to this.

Young, foolish, wasn't drinking enough spirits to keep it in use, forgot about it and it dried out :(

They can be restored but I think I just tossed it ...

I finally cracked open a bottle of "Raki" the other day. It's kind of my family's unofficial drink. But I've never really tried it until now.

... Let's just say it has a kick. Definitely one to be drunk slowly.

Young, foolish, wasn't drinking enough spirits to keep it in use, forgot about it and it dried out :(

They can be restored but I think I just tossed it ...
Something you've the maturity and appreciation to enjoy these days?

This is a bit of a treat for me. Maybe once a week...or so.

1heImEY.jpg

Too hot for whisky. :/

How do you guys do it?

Tonight I'm celebrating my Masonic birthday with a nice good belt of Ardbeg 10yrs old :happy:
I like that too, but my wife and children complain when I drink it. They don't care for the fumes, and smell it from across the room. Not that I let that stop me. :LOL::pompous:

Too hot for whisky. :/

How do you guys do it?
I never really thought about it, I suppose I could put ice in but I don't usually feel like I need to.

Last edited by a moderator:
last night i was called into work.....on my first day of leave in a long while.

worked until close to 10pm and decided that id treat myself when i got home and enjoyed a Jamison Cask mates on the rocks
(for those who dont know what it is its jamison whiskey aged in beer barrels from the Young Henerys Brewery in newtown sydney)

Picked up a 6 pack of Cricketers Arms: Spearhead Pale Ale for $12 from Uncle Dan's.....

It's OK, but not great... anything cold and wet is good enough with our Brisbane weather just now!

Anyway, my son saw the bottle from the side and said "Dad, why you drinking beer called Cricketers Arse?"

He could be onto something....