October 2012 Members Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just received an EJ89 from Juggy.

Thanks for the drop off mate. Hope the Krona works for you.

Cheers mate, it's a DE86 though - not sure what the difference is. Hope it works well for you.

I have a Krona from SYD which will be tested with the Sharks he has kindly supplied.

Looks like a good bit of kit too.

Nothing ordererd for me this month, I have too much I don't use already.

Still waiting on my 100 Voskhods from Russia...been just over 6 weeks now :(

Back on topic...

Every month is a new opportunity to buy mor estuff...

What else is en route for you guys this month?

Newbies, you must have a plethora of shaving accoutrement in transit?

Twenty Astras and ditto Gillette Plats from a swap with Nick the Knife who in return will receive a tub of De Vergulde Hand soap.

The front desk at your office must be wondering what all these mysterious brown envelop packages are all about.

I told them I am a drug dealer...easier to explain :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Thanks for the correction on the razor model Jugs :)

Back on topic...

What is this phrase? What does it mean?

I have confessed previously that when looking through a cupboard recently I stumbled across though was a largish box under some other stuff. I'd forgotten it and its contents were there. In this box were some razors that I'd forgotten I had. Going through it I discovered a Double Ring, a few British Aristocrats, a nickle plated Toggle, Rocket HD, #58 etc etc etc.

After I did that I thought I really should go through the cupboard and make sure nothing else was still in there. I looked further in the cupboard recently and found a smaller box. It only contains an Eclipse Red Ring, a British patent single ring and a few other bits and pieces. I know, I know, not a bad surprise all up. I also have some more brushes coming and...

After spending a little time poking around on YKW in The Nib section I just ended up purchasing this from eBay.

They look so beautiful - do I have another AD coming on or is there still hope?

...............They look so beautiful - do I have another AD coming on or is there still hope?

The attraction is understandable. They are very nice looking objects. Fortunately I'm left handed and whenever trying a fountain pen in the past just smudged everything. I generally have forgotten how to write manually. In answer to your concerns, yes it's got AD written all over it and if you think razors are expensive you ain't seen nothing yet and no, knowing what I do of Mark1966, you've got absolutely no hope.

The attraction is understandable. They are very nice looking objects. Fortunately I'm left handed and whenever trying a fountain pen in the past just smudged everything. I generally have forgotten how to write manually. In answer to your concerns, yes it's got AD written all over it and if you think razors are expensive you ain't seen nothing yet and no, knowing what I do of Mark1966, you've got absolutely no hope.

[sigh] thanks for the encouragement.

At least it is not watches...

I'm left handed too.

I never considered that...dammit!

Mark, nice looking set mate.

I'm left handed too.

I never considered that...dammit!

Mark, nice looking set mate.

Nothing stopping you from collecting them even if using them can be tortuous! I must admit to always having a good look at pens. There's an amazing shop in Perth that just sells pens of all description. I think Rudy Vey over at YKW, aside from making brushes also makes pen handles. Then there's all the various inks, vintage ink wells, blotting paper holders etc etc. So I can see poor ol' Mark getting completely sucked in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.