October 2012 Members Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
REALLY! Mine too :amazed:

But in your case Mark probably with a little more justification. Imagine the poor little buggers having to explain why 6 (or is it 7) of them had to all sleep in the room under the stairs cause "Daddy Dear" needed the rest of the house to keep his various addictions housed. Even worse the poor mites had to confess never having had a hot bath or shower (just the old tin bath out behind the back shed) in case they upset their Fathers alphabetically arranged soaps and in use razors arranged by date. :)

But in your case Mark probably with a little more justification. Imagine the poor little buggers having to explain why 6 (or is it 7) of them had to all sleep in the room under the stairs cause "Daddy Dear" needed the rest of the house to keep his various addictions housed. Even worse the poor mites had to confess never having had a hot bath or shower (just the old tin bath out behind the back shed) in case they upset their Fathers alphabetically arranged soaps and in use razors arranged by date. :)

6 or 7 - what do you think I am man - that was one addition I quickly grew out of :D Three is plenty.

This is, of course, not the reason why my wife and I have an ensuite that the kids don't use and my wife is careful not to disturb the brushes on the vanity or my three draws of mostly shaving stuff nor it is the reason why the third car part of the garage has been converted to a 'man cave' with:

• workbench/photo-studio with light tent and lighting
  • display cabinet (now almost full) of razors
  • storage boxes with 'bits and peices' including some razors
  • a pool table (small, cheap knock around with not enough space around it - perfect setup)
  • spare old CRT widescreen TV with Playstation 2

Luxury I say, simply luxury!

Let's not mention your poor struggling actor son who had to spend his hard earned cash potraying a cross dresser in some backstreet NY theatre on postage of his dad's glut of razors. I'm sure the word freak would have crossed his mind and lips on numerous occasions.

Let's not mention your poor struggling actor son who had to spend his hard earned cash potraying a cross dresser in some backstreet NY theatre on postage of his dad's glut of razors. I'm sure the word freak would have crossed his mind and lips on numerous occasions.

The poor struggling actor son has now had 2 plays produced in St Louis and one in NY City (all written by him) as well as a leading role in a major Shakesperean Festival. Not doin to bad the kid.

I didn't get them for RMs bargain basement price, but still well under $1 per blade

I have a few packs of Super Iridiums, Polsilver Stainless and Polsilver SI's on the way. I bought a few spares in the hope that one of you blokes with a big stash of blades might like to swap a few random blades (mostly after Gillette stuff) in exchange for some Polsilvers. I'm also about to pull the trigger on one of two orders.

1. Omega 10005 from Connaught, and a few of Mike's Natural Soap bars and samples.
2. Vie-Long 13710 horsey and TOBS St Jermyn from Gifts & Care, with a few Bolzano and Elios blades to try.

I plan to eventually get all of the above, it's just a question of which I order first. I'm leaning towards the second option because I think it's a better set and I need that stuff more (my Proraso tub is almost done and I'm running out of blades to try). Anyone who has a bunch of Gillette Yellow/Green/Blue/Black and wants to try any of the blades mentioned above, let me know ASAP. I'll happily pick up a few extra blades to trade them around, because the way I see it, it's better for me to get three of ten different blades than get ten each of three different.

Where did you get the Iridium's? I thought they'd stopped making them. Decent blade, I'd use them if they were easy to get hold of.

10005 is a great boar. Just a simple thing, the right size.

My mistake, I think I should have called them Iridium Super's, but I'm not entirely sure. Here are the same blades from G&C. I negotiated with a Spanish dude called Emilio YKW for a mixed bag of these and the Polsilvers.

EDIT:

Oh, I forgot that I had a question for you too mate. Is the Blobby Foo up for something like MWF or the Mike's soap? Not sure if it's too floppy for either, I really have no perspective on brushes.

Those SIs look like mine. Got them from RM.

The Foo can do it all. It's not so dense that it floats over the top of soap, so it picks up well. The tips have a bit of roughness to them too, so I wouldn't be surprised if it does well with it. Not a fan of Da Fat myself, couldn't get the bastard to lather up with anything even when I got my brush loaded up. Never had it and the Foo together though. Even so, I'm not so sad as to buy a soap that only works with one brush.

.............Is the Blobby Foo up for something like MWF or the Mike's soap? Not sure if it's too floppy for either, I really have no perspective on brushes..............

You should be able to get a lather from any soap using any brush. In general boars are bit easier for hard soaps but It doesn't really make that much difference. The Blobby Foo was made in Dave Grohls honour. It can do any muthafuckin thing.

You should be able to get a lather from any soap using any brush. In general boars are bit easier for hard soaps but It doesn't really make that much difference.

You should - but the hassle with my Chubby and soaps is well documented. But they are ridiculously dense. There aren't any others that come as close to fat as Chub's do.

I have Arko, alum, Rapira's and Perma-Sharps on the way from bestshave now too. I'm having a hard time getting that lot I mentioned above up to work favorably as far as shipping costs are concerned, G&C have great prices on some things but anything saved on price is lost on shipping.

A stick of La Toja. Thanks Jug!

And, after a mishap with my current 7'Oclock bakelite razor (broken handle due to some serious rough luggage handlers and the re-glue wasn't as good as it could have been), I bought this off the bay. I know, people proudly display their NIB Fatboys or nickel plated Toggles, but this one does it for me.

Bakelite (Green & Red) Boxed 7 OClock Razor Set. | eBay

That looks quite festive.
You're welcome PJ.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.