Paladin Brushes ...good news

... Even so I added the brush I bought to my cart and tried to check out 4 or 5 times before I successfully went through to the next stage (it kept saying "sold out" when I got to checkout). Persistence definitely paid off as did having a clear and confirmed idea of what I wanted beforehand and a clearly defined plan if the brush that I had chosen happened to sell before I got to it.

Ahh, so that is the trickl. I had one I wanted in the cart, went to checkout but it said sold out but on the main page it was still showing as in stock - I was confused ...

I think he is FAR beyond saving no matter what - so might as well add a couple nice brushes with decent sized knots to the collection :D :D :D

Well I do have a nice Wolf Whisker to play with ...

Ahh, so that is the trickl. I had one I wanted in the cart, went to checkout but it said sold out but on the main page it was still showing as in stock - I was confused ...
That is exactly the same thing that happened to me @Mark1966. Fortunatley for me I am stubborn and as long as it showed as being in stock on the main page I was going to keep trying.

Seems that the issues that I had in checkout flagged my account as being a potential risk by PayPal :ROFLMAO:. Ken has shown outstanding service by promptly contacting me about it and pointing out that he too does not believe the issue is real but just wants to touch base to be safe. Great service especially when I am sure that they are extremely busy preparing orders for shipment.

Ken has shown outstanding service by promptly contacting me about it and pointing out that he too does not believe the issue is real but just wants to touch base to be safe. Great service especially when I am sure that they are extremely busy preparing orders for shipment.

...and it's Sunday afternoon!

That is exactly the same thing that happened to me @Mark1966. Fortunatley for me I am stubborn and as long as it showed as being in stock on the main page I was going to keep trying.

Seems that the issues that I had in checkout flagged my account as being a potential risk by PayPal :ROFLMAO:. Ken has shown outstanding service by promptly contacting me about it and pointing out that he too does not believe the issue is real but just wants to touch base to be safe. Great service especially when I am sure that they are extremely busy preparing orders for shipment.

Hmm. I don't know. PAYPAL has some pretty good financial analysts on staff. Think they used to be at Lehman Bros. Just sayin'. ;-)

So how many Paladins did P&C snag? Looks like quite a few.
Congratulations to all the Paladin enablers out there. We have done well.

After trying to obtain a Paladin for so long. I emailed Ken just after he stopped taking orders and was sent a nice email that I would be contacted again when he did. I was contacted saying they no longer were sourcing knots from Lee and it would take a while. Ken was always great in his correspondence.

Well finally I managed to get a brush from their site, I got a PK-47 26mm Disco, is that a good brush @alfredus? I will have to one day get the hard to obtain (for me any way) Tigris colour handle.

Looking forward to the brush arriving.

Hmm. I don't know. PAYPAL has some pretty good financial analysts on staff. Think they used to be at Lehman Bros. Just sayin'. ;-)

I had a payment held by PayPal for an explanation as it was for Havana splash after I'd purchased Havana balm not much earlier from the same person. Obviously caught by a keyword search.

Last edited by a moderator:
After trying to obtain a Paladin for so long. I emailed Ken just after he stopped taking orders and was sent a nice email that I would be contacted again when he did. I was contacted saying they no longer were sourcing knots from Lee and it would take a while. Ken was always great in his correspondence.

Well finally I managed to get a brush from their site, I got a PK-47 26mm Disco, is that a good brush @alfredus? I will have to one day get the hard to obtain (for me any way) Tigris colour handle.

Looking forward to the brush arriving.

I believe each and every brush Ken sells is not only good - but OUTSTANDING!

I have 6 badger brushes currently - 3 of them Paladins with a 4th one coming in - can't be more biased than that :D

I'm not a big fan of many of the colours but take the word of others here (and the photo evidence) that they work really well.

I still wish I got a Simpson Silver Jubilee (or in fact a pair) and that is a shaving regret I still carry.

Maybe a Paladin will help deal with that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, now it's Sunday night and I already received a tracking number. Amazing. Or maybe they don't much care much for pro football. Or maybe they've got a widescreen TV and a beer cooler in the shop.

Lucky !! Kansas City Chiefs won and noon game. Perhaps no alcohol as watching the website sales, Chinese take-out while packing after game Hoping my brush packed tomorrow morning over coffee

That says it all @alfredus. I was more interested if you like the PK47 handle.
Ah - the handle: well I must admit, the handle is a bit too small for my taste - that is the bottom part, where I hold the brush...

However I think your 28mm version will be a bit larger and therefore perfect (y)

I was thinking over night. Shipito still need to fill out the customs declaration... so what are you planning to write on it? If you put "shaving brush", chances are they will block the shipment at the US boarder because it is without paperwork for exporting animal hair products?

I was thinking over night. Shipito still need to fill out the customs declaration... so what are you planning to write on it? If you put "shaving brush", chances are they will block the shipment at the US boarder because it is without paperwork for exporting animal hair products?
I have done this a number of times and simply written Shaving Brush. I have never had a problem.

You could legally write 'Shaving Accessory' and not breach any law or statutes* in the same way you could/can write 'After shaving product' for splashes.

*Not a US Qualified or practicing lawyer

I have done this a number of times and simply written Shaving Brush. I have never had a problem.
I too have written shaving brush OR plastic shaving brush and have had no issues to date. Australian customs can block it as well if they want because it contains animal hair.

I have written Shaving brush many times on the customs form, never had an issue (hope I didn't just jinx myself :) )

I too have written shaving brush OR plastic shaving brush and have had no issues to date. Australian customs can block it as well if they want because it contains animal hair.

Man I have never thought of Australian customs stopping a brush coming in.

I know that Shavemac have a letter about the animal hair and it's treatment and that goes with all their international orders to get through customs.