Paladin Brushes ...good news

Thanks @nsavage - I believe my Purple Haze Chief has the S-Type knot - but as I told you yesterday, Ken is one of the very few people, I would 100% trust with any knot he sets...I ordered myself a L-type knot, just to see the difference
I only thought it was an L type based upon the feel and the knot notes on their site. Either way it is a fantastic brush and you are correct. Ken puts the knots in and sets the loft based on what works for each particular brush. He seems to get it right every time and I have not heard very many complaints at all.

Last edited:
Rudy who?
Rudy Vey. He is quite a well known brush maker and does a very good job.
Sorry this is a terrible photo :(

7fBBgT3.jpg

@Mark1966 et. al.
There will be another release next week. I did watch the fun and there were brushes available for a full 15min. I guess it depends on what you are after exactly as to whether you have to be quick or not to buy. Your selection is not safe in your cart until you hit the "check out" button at which point it is secure for 5min allowing you time to get through. The best advice I can give is to check the knots/soaps out before they are open for sale. They will post photos with specs of each brush before hand - make your selection then.

@Mark1966 et. al.
There will be another release next week. I did watch the fun and there were brushes available for a full 15min. I guess it depends on what you are after exactly as to whether you have to be quick or not to buy. Your selection is not safe in your cart until you hit the "check out" button at which point it is secure for 5min allowing you time to get through. The best advice I can give is to check the knots/soaps out before they are open for sale. They will post photos with specs of each brush before hand - make your selection then.
100% The only thing I found a little weird was the knot size. It's not on the preview pics, and threw me completely. They didn't have a 28mm PK-47 Tigris on the site available prior to this mornings launch, so I thought it would have to be a 26mm. When I got there and loaded it in the cart, it was a 28mm and I backed out. I think it will be a case of just committing to a brush as much as possible and taking a chance :)

I got this one. But have a little bit of buyers remorse. It was my least favourite from the three on offer.

a9f1d8a29c5acad3dd33c9f83001d216.png

Hard to think clear this early.

What size knot is it? Regardless, see how you feel when you receive it. Then let me know if you don't like it. I'd be interested in a fan and I do like the handle.

What size knot is it? Regardless, see how you feel when you receive it. Then let me know if you don't like it. I'd be interested in a fan and I do like the handle.

26 mm.

My wife first comment, it looks like it's made of caramel, I could lick it. [emoji15]

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Last edited by a moderator:
100% The only thing I found a little weird was the knot size. It's not on the preview pics, and threw me completely. They didn't have a 28mm PK-47 Tigris on the site available prior to this mornings launch, so I thought it would have to be a 26mm. When I got there and loaded it in the cart, it was a 28mm and I backed out. I think it will be a case of just committing to a brush as much as possible and taking a chance :)
I have to agree with @Korbz in some regard here.

As I mentioned I was 100% positive that the brush I selected from the pre-sale photos was a 24mm and when everything went live it was advertised as 26mm (whilst some brushes stated the knot size in the picture comments most did not and if they all did I would have to agree that it would make pre-sale brush selection a lot easier). Fortunately I had already made a decision as to what my alternative preferences would be and it paid off for me (in fact I ended up with the brush that was originally my first preference before I started changing my mind LOL). Even so I added the brush I bought to my cart and tried to check out 4 or 5 times before I successfully went through to the next stage (it kept saying "sold out" when I got to checkout). Persistence definitely paid off as did having a clear and confirmed idea of what I wanted beforehand and a clearly defined plan if the brush that I had chosen happened to sell before I got to it.

I have to agree with @Korbz in some regard here.

As I mentioned I was 100% positive that the brush I selected from the pre-sale photos was a 24mm and when everything went live it was advertised as 26mm (whilst some brushes stated the knot size in the picture comments most did not and if they all did I would have to agree that it would make pre-sale brush selection a lot easier). Fortunately I had already made a decision as to what my alternative preferences would be and it paid off for me (in fact I ended up with the brush that was originally my first preference before I started changing my mind LOL). Even so I added the brush I bought to my cart and tried to check out 4 or 5 times before I successfully went through to the next stage (it kept saying "sold out" when I got to checkout). Persistence definitely paid off as did having a clear and confirmed idea of what I wanted beforehand and a clearly defined plan if the brush that I had chosen happened to sell before I got to it.

Smarter than me. I sort of went the other way. TBH I got it to work out what all the fuss is about. Not too fussed. I figure I can alway see if I like something better in the next batch and sell the one I like least.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen pictures of his collection, if he gets started on custom brushes there is no saving him :p
I think he is FAR beyond saving no matter what - so might as well add a couple nice brushes with decent sized knots to the collection :D :D :D