Paste & Cut Travelling Box No. 2 - Reviews and Comments thread

@Mark1966 doesn't have to buy any shaving shit for the next 200 years :) Anyway fear not Filo, I am second last on the list so there is not likely to be much left to auction off :)
Now be nice jolly old chap and leave this rear guard something to sample.

Another great review @Mong!!!!!

BTW - The contents consists of some stuff of mine, some from the last box, whatever people have put in along the way and of course the @Occams contribution!

There are two reserved items - the Pureman OC razor and the Occams Original cream. Please do not remove these from the box - they must come back to me :)

As for the rest take one item you really like in addition to the Occams soap samples and Lime sample - enough of that for one each.

When the box returns depending on what is there it may become a PIF - twice around is probably enough. Last time though most that isn't in this box was really only dregs and got tossed out and the containers cleaned for re-use.

There are two reserved items - the Pureman OC razor and the Occams Original cream. Please do not remove these from the box - they must come back to me :)

As for the rest take one item you really like in addition to the Occams soap samples and Lime sample - enough of that for one each.

I feel like I've heard this before somewhere... :D
Nice to be reminded as I'm included to forget!

BTW - The contents consists of some stuff of mine, some from the last box, whatever people have put in along the way and of course the @Occams contribution!

Thanks then to all contributors for your generosity!

I put the milk in. It's nice enough, but I've got others I prefer for face care.

Shouldn't be anything leathery or woody about Arlington. It's all citrus and fern. Marlboro is their saddlery fag end flavour.

Interesting that we disagree on the scent, I can kinda see the fern but not much citrus for me. I do have a cold though, so maybe the lighter elements are skipping past me. Either way, thanks for sticking it in. Nice to try out an offering that's a little different to most of the market.

@Mark1966 doesn't have to buy any shaving shit for the next 200 years :) Anyway fear not Filo, I am second last on the list so there is not likely to be much left to auction off :)

Shaving shit? And that should be 300 not 200 years. And that's just consumables.

So fresh, new and vigorous a P&C member and now on the threatened and to be banned species list. It's such a shame.

So fresh, new and vigorous a P&C member and now on the threatened and to be banned species list. It's such a shame.
Aren't you the only on NOT on that list?! :p

Another good shave with the Travelling Box.

I continued to use the Pureman OC with an Astra SS, and got another fine shave. The little bit of extra irritation that I've been experiencing is almost definitely down to my technique (blade angle) and exposing too much blade which leads to harshness. After noticing and correcting this, I got a much smoother and irritation free result. Blade angle seems to be a little bit more important with open comb razors, but once you dial it in well, this one really glides through hair. It's a big shame that they've not continued with this one. I'm feeling pretty good about open combs in general now, so I'm keeping an eye out for a user grade Gillette New Long Comb. I also had a go with the Occams Original, and found that what everyone else has said is definitely true. A little goes a LOOOOOOOOONG way. I only had time for a quick one-pass shave, so I used a little less than a pea sized amount. Easily enough lather for two passes, so the value for money is exceptional. I found the protection and slickness/glide to be okay, better than many. It's a cream with which I'd feel comfortable shaving regularly, but unlikely to be one of my favourites because it didn't have a standout trait to latch on to. It was just good across all areas, and really, what more could you ask for from a cream?

Not from the box, but I picked up the Speick splash A/S last week and had a crack with that. Nice stuff, a good little hit of burn as it went on and accompanied by a pleasant skin tightening effect. No redness or irritation afterwards and skin felt good, so it'll go into the rotation for when I don't need a little extra soothing on my neck.

This is going into the post on Monday, but I'm going to try and have one more quick shave if I can find something new.

[…]I'm feeling pretty good about open combs in general now, so I'm keeping an eye out for a user grade Gillette New Long Comb. […]
Thoroughly recommended! Love my NEW UK LC. Took me about a month to get things right, but now….a HUGE improvement on my DE89 - hence it's hanging on the BST here at the mo.

Great review mate!!!!

Sorry for the lack of updates fellas, had a significant health scare this week that has taken up much of my time. Box will be on it's merry way this afternoon.

Sorry for the lack of updates fellas, had a significant health scare this week that has taken up much of my time. Box will be on it's merry way this afternoon.

Health scares are scary! I hope it's nothing more than an attempted shave with an R41.

Sorry for the lack of updates fellas, had a significant health scare this week that has taken up much of my time.
I hope you and the family is ok and the scare was just that...a scare.

Fuck the cardboard and its contents, mate you look after yourself and your own!

Got the box. Thanks Sam. A few things to try. Will add some Myrsol Agua Balsamica, Ogallala Bay Rum, Lime, Peppercorns and aliquots of Simpsons luxury cream Peppermint and Rosemary - space permitting. It's pretty jam packed.

No worries mate, it made good time. One business day to cross the city is pretty good for AusPost.

First dive into the box. My selections included a Rapira blade, the P160 soap and the 444 menthol balm.

Soap: A great cushioning and protective lather from the P160 (with Semogue 1800 boar) which surprised me. Not a big user of marzipan soaps although I have some Cella. May try it once more.

Blade: The Rapira went into my Merkur 34cHD. Very smooth but not particularly sharp. Pretty happy with the performance though.

After shave: used my Myrsol Agua Balsamica spiked with the 444 menthol ASB. Nice cooling sensation added to the herbaceous fragrance. Nice combination with the menthol - I can see myself buying some of this. Overlaid this all with the unscented Simpson's ASB which I have previously used. I'm a big fan of this stuff as it leaves my skin feeling great without interfering with other products and their scent.

I'd be keen to keep the Simpsons ASB if no one downstream minds. I'll be sure to add lots of other goodies. As well as some Myrsol and the Simpson's luxury cream I'm already adding, is anyone interested in some Penhaligon's Endymion ASB? I have a 90% full tube I probably won't use. I can add this in to make up for keeping the Simpson's ASB.

Another go with the P160 soap... Great lather again.
Schick vintage blade...
Very smooth. My first use of a vintage blade. Apparently these will last longer than modern blades.
444 AS balm...
Spiked the Myrsol Agua Balsmica once again. Nice menthol kick.
Will bundle the box up and send it off next week.

Great stuff and great review!