September 2015 Aquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ones at each end were NOT liked smell wise by my wife but work sooooo well. The others are in smell preference from left to right.

All Myrsol is good :)

Hmmm, what do you think is in this box @stillshunter ??

Maybe some of these???

Sorry guys, could not wait ...
WOO FUCKING HOO!!!!!!!!
...should be some Emulsion in there for moi too. Did you not get some for yourself @Mark1966

Very nice! The Metilsol is one I haven't tried. What's it like?

Metilsol smells like brown Listerine. It's awesome.
It's got caramel and you can kind of smell it. The scent is good but the therapeutic properties are excellent. There are just some shaves that need Metilsol to recover. Might be the Alum - it's the only one of the Myrsol range that's packing it.

Last edited:
I didn't get any Emulsion @stillshunter - should I have? Oh no, might have to take your bottle, seems your bottle didn't arrive. I'll just refund that one for you ... ;)

I agree on Metisol. Smells like mouth wash but has amazing restorative properties. Seriously you could just get the Myrsol range and never bother with another aftershave. The Agua Balsamica doesn't smell much better but again has great face feel.

Really now sure how I'm going to use all the stuff I have now - so much good stuff!!!

congrats guys! They're awesome!!!

I'm waiting for THE local store to open for more...

The others are in smell preference from left to right.
You seem to like "traditional" scents @Mark1966
The Agua Balsamica (Mediterranean countryside) and Formula C (Violets) are beautiful scents IMO. [emoji106]

Here! Here!

Also the Plastic shave. Anyone try that one?
Plastic Shave and Electric IMHO are avoidable.
I haven't heard anything good about Electric.
Plastic Shave is apparently reminiscent of Cherry syrup or very heavy sweet, sticky lolly or hair salon smell... It does not sound appealing to me at all.

There are Myrsols 11 all up:
Metisol
Antesol (Pre/Post)
Formula F./Extra
Formula C (Violets)
Formula K (Peppermint)
Blue
Agua Balsamica
Agua de Limon
Plastic Shave
Electric
Emulsion

Antesol I got on filos positive reviews and it's totally awesome. F extra I got seeing menthol in the ingredients without realising they nearly all have it. F extra is a nice powdery barber kinda scent but the real winner is antesol. The sting! The burn! The frosty cool off! The subtle but lasting fresh scent!!

I'll be trying metilsol, emulsion or balsamic next.

Now when is THE store coming? It's busy turning into a fairy tale.

Now when is THE store coming? It's busy turning into a fairy tale.
Once upon a time, a store opens somewhere soon...

The shaving fairy godfather waved his magic wand...

...and they all lived happily ever after.

(Perhaps we ought to submit this to the shaving story competition! [emoji6])

The ones at each end were NOT liked smell wise by my wife but work sooooo well. The others are in smell preference from left to right.

You seem to like "traditional" scents @Mark1966
The Agua Balsamica (Mediterranean countryside) and Formula C (Violets) are beautiful scents IMO. [emoji106]

Context is everything mate - this was in my wife's preferred order. Sorry if that was not clear ...

Context is everything mate - this was in my wife's preferred order. Sorry if that was not clear ...
Ah! The Mrs Mark1966's preference... Got it.

fs0aL8S.png

Some brushes have arrived! I've got a few more on the way that I'll see to first. These can wait...

Nice. Made a really nice boar brush with an Ever Ready handle and a TGN knot. They're well made handles. The top and bottom section are actually threaded together. I don't think they're badger knot material myself but a nice old fashioned boar knot (without the wanna be, almost looks like a badger but fails miserably staining) goes really well.

Nice. Made a really nice boar brush with an Ever Ready handle and a TGN knot. They're well made handles. The top and bottom section are actually threaded together. I don't think they're badger knot material myself but a nice old fashioned boar knot (without the wanna be, almost looks like a badger but fails miserably staining) goes really well.
I'm thinking of putting a few boars in... And I agree no wanna-be banding...

I'm waiting for the next few brushes to arrive before I go nuts. @MrT left for Spain for a month and generously left me with his Dremel. [emoji1]

I'm waiting for the next few brushes to arrive before I go nuts. @MrT left for Spain for a month and generously left me with his Dremel. [emoji1]
Can we send him our monies and he be our European buyer ?
As someone that recently had a Birthday, he can send shitloads to me under that banner :p

I take no responsibility if, when I return, you are a digit fewer.

Can we send him our monies and he be our European buyer ?
As someone that recently had a Birthday, he can send shitloads to me under that banner :p

My sister lives in Spain. So if there is anything u want that doesn't ship to Aus, I'm sure she would be happy to forward it (so long as it's legal to post). The problem is the VAT which she would have to pay, and which almost negates any savings in shipping.

BTW @MrT was it you that mentioned experience using shipito ?
If yes, aftershaves/colognes/products with alcohol, how does it work ?

Happy Father's Day to me, Happy Father's Day to me..

OK, well the camera was technically for Father's Day from my kids but thanks @stillshunter for the assistance in purchasing!

Thanks too @Nightguard for the Feather. Looking forward to giving this famed razor a run.

Status
Not open for further replies.