September 2015 Aquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
img_1739.jpg

Found this tucked away by the postman so it may have even arrived yesterday.

My items from my foray into the Japanese auction site have finally made their way home after a stop of at the mother-in-law's place.

6kOaeWl.jpg
SzMFJGM.jpg

This one has definitely gotten suffered a bit from the humidity in Japan before being sent here. Planning on working on this one with the wet and dry sandpaper and seeing if I can restore it.

BVjxTyB.jpg
UmJYJAR.jpg

This is a kamisori shaped straight razor. The scales are lovely and one I clean it up a little and then talk to @Mark about getting it honed.

hHFjrLg.jpg
7P7Awdb.jpg

There is no brand or name anywhere on the razor or the case. The only thing with any branding is the blade. The seller wasn't able to tell me if the blade came with the set or was added later.

A delivery from BayRum.com.au thanks to @luckypirate !!!

PFlIUwm.png

Barberry "Havana" aftershave balm*
Barberry "Bay Rum No.28" aftershave splash
Ogallala Bay Rum "Sage and Cedar" splash

I'll give them all a try and post reviews in good time. [emoji106]

Some samples and items for me to review also generously provided.

Also delivered today was some old brushes from the States. The EverReady (C) and C40 (R) are ok but the dodgy one on the left will be a practice one!

m6RpXjK.png

Congrats on your buys @filobiblic , I just noticed from your pix that Ogallala uses Bay Rum fragrance oil as the core of their aftershaves! :cautious: It is what it is, they're a pretty cheapish bay rum and I suppose at that price point thats what is done - but was a surprise to me as I'd assumed they'd made proper Bay rum for their range but it's not the case. Still I hear it's well regarded and fragrance oils can be as good or even superior to the natural alternatives so in itself isn't a negative at all. :)

Congrats on your buys @filobiblic , I just noticed from your pix that Ogallala uses Bay Rum fragrance oil as the core of their aftershaves! :cautious: It is what it is, they're a pretty cheapish bay rum and I suppose at that price point thats what is done - but was a surprise to me as I'd assumed they'd made proper Bay rum for their range but it's not the case. Still I hear it's well regarded and fragrance oils can be as good or even superior to the natural alternatives so in itself isn't a negative at all. :)
Hmmm, never noticed before. Good spotting. Aside from the last P&C Travelling Box I've never had any before. I'd also expect a decent Bay Rum EO rather than a fragrance oil...

The only balms I've ever tried are Natio or Nivea - are these other varieties less greasy?

The only balms I've ever tried are Natio or Nivea - are these other varieties less greasy?
I haven't tried them yet.
I highly recommend the @shavetheman balm (which will be available soon [emoji6]). I'm yet to try @Anthony's latest balm/s but I hope to do so shortly.

A bottle of this is now in my possession from their Burlington Arcade store - http://www.penhaligons.com/halfeti-eau-de-parfum/

Nice fragrance but I was hesitant as I could not see the price. Mrs Mark1966 loved it though and said we would take it. Some buyers remorse on paying ...

A bottle of this is now in my possession from their Burlington Arcade store - http://www.penhaligons.com/halfeti-eau-de-parfum/

Nice fragrance but I was hesitant as I could not see the price. Mrs Mark1966 loved it though and said we would take it. Some buyers remorse on paying ...

Buyers remorse? Once you saw the price you should have thrown yourself in the Thames!

He's an accountant, he'll find some way to claim it back against his tax!

@gthomas04 , having lived near the River Thames for longer than I care to remember, I will say that while it is certainly pungent, I'm not sure the scent profile would completely agree with Mrs @Mark1966

:( for what I'm awaiting upon (even the tracking number doesn't show)
:) for 2x September 2010 manufactured Terre d'Hermès :)

Status
Not open for further replies.