Shave of the Day 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Razor: Gillette #58
Blade: P74 - shave ?
Soap/Cream: Proraso E & M
Aftershave: Proraso E&M splash

So nice to be home with decent shaves and CBR is so quiet at this time of the year :)

Love the Proraso E&M in summer, even getting on friendly terms with the P74 blade ...
Ahhhhh... Life is good. [emoji4][emoji106]

Brush: Semogue 620
Razor: Hoffritz Slant
Blade: Gillette Super Thin (2)
Soap/Cream: Benton Clay Lime & Bergamot
Aftershave: Floid Blue

The slant is a real highlight for me. Very close shave and no learning curve like the Razorock. The blade seems to be holding up. I've managed to wean my brother-in-law off Gillette in-a-can lather and onto Proraso Green and a Plisson Synthetic. Mission semi-accomplished. Still a matter of DE.

I'm off to have a coffee with Con K from the Shave The Man Facebook forum. It's going to be an interesting and fun morning.

I'm off to have a coffee with Con K from the Shave The Man Facebook forum. It's going to be an interesting and fun morning.
You also an Inner West Hipster LaP? [emoji6]
Have fun and don't come home with too many new shaving goodies...

So nice to be home with decent shaves and CBR is so quiet at this time of the year :)
I detest this time of year, just came back from town - that's Braidwood - and the annual migration continues through these parts, they are the most annoying beast the Canberrius upitselfius - especially as a herd, no regard for us more solo hunters!

Brush: Frank Shaving ST
Soap/Cream: Maggard Mango Sage Tea
Razor: PH Weber
Blade: Voshkod [2]
After-shave: Captain's Choice Bay Rum

The Maggard soap is made for the store by a local soap maker. It's popular and comes in some great scents. I have two samples: Mango Sage Tea and Orange Menthol. The scent of the mango sage tea is fruity and delicious. Since it's so hard lathering from a tiny sample pot, I smeared some into a bowl. I mustn't of smeared enough as the lather was good enough for the first pass, but descended from there. Next time around I'll use a more generous amount.

The lather itself was ok; nothing special really. Scent was strong but glide was OK and cushion low. After a pass I could wipe my face and there would be no feeling of slipperiness on my face. There was not much to wash off at all; it didn't have the lingering soap on the face.

Second shave on the Weber and it's gaining speed. It performed very well considering the sub-par lather from the Maggard sample soap. I'm very impressed (as with most) over the build and finish of the razor. It truly is a beautiful razor and at a great price as well.

The CC Bay Rum has a delicious scent. Once applied there is a little sting, and the scent gains strength on the skin. A very nice bay rum indeed with just a hint of clove and a fullness to the scent. It's going to be a winner in the winter!

Good one Phil. Err anyone want to pre buy my coming maggards samples? [emoji11]

I detest this time of year, just came back from town - that's Braidwood - and the annual migration continues through these parts, they are the most annoying beast the Canberrius upitselfius - especially as a herd, no regard for us more solo hunters!

Ahhh yes, you can have them!

A massive tsunami that took out the NSW South Coast might not be such a bad thing really ....

That Hoffritz you sold to some undeserving philistine sent me onto an obsessive journey to get my hands on one. This 4 piece beauty packs neatly into a small leather zippered case, with bakelite blade bank. Performance wise it's a ripper. So glad that I bumped into you!
Very glad you like it so much! If you ever see another one in such a condition - I might be tempted ;)

Brush: Frank Shaving ST
Soap/Cream: Yardley Gold (Nothing gold about that cream but it's packaging)
Razor: Red Tip 55
Blade: Swedes
After-shave: Aqua Velva Original Sport (Last splash ! Don't worry about me, I've 3 other bottle in my stash :D )

I try to use my lesser cream once in a while so they can disappear eventually. Don't get me wrong it's not a bad cream, it just have an peculiar smell : /

Where's Braidwood?

Good one Phil. Err anyone want to pre buy my coming maggards samples? [emoji11]
You'll be right. Give it a swirl for yourself. [emoji1]

I know I know lovely spot. All my friends from Canberra holiday there this time of year [emoji12]

WHAT!!!!

No, can't be. Nobody holidays in Briadwood let along lives there. It is just a truck stop on the way to 'THE COAST'

The Canberrius upitselfius' are land dwelling mammals. Braidwood is as far as they venture.

The Canberrius upitselfius' are land dwelling mammals. Braidwood is as far as they venture.
That they may be but there is a phenomenon in nature known as the Annual Migration where this animal herds in great numbers and simultaneously stampedes to the same grounds as their kind. There they continue in their usual self-absorbed solipsist manner but with the backdrop of the ocean. Scientists haven't quite figured out the reason behind this migration, is it a breeding ritual, is it a rite of passage, we don't know. But what we do know is that they don't enter the water but invest their energy congesting the roads and cafes complaining with great vigour about how backward these coastal towns are...and they will do this each and every year until, finally, they retire to these very same grounds. To congest and complain full-time.

Status
Not open for further replies.