Shave of the Day 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many times are we going to see this?
Next it will be group buys are exempt as well, which as we all know is a slippery slope from there ;)

Brush: Muhle Synthetic

Razor: English red Tip

Blade: English Wilky

Soap: MWF

A/S: European Old Spice

This brush just keeps getting better and better in the bowl, still not really like it for face lathering but in a bowl it just seems to get better every time I use it.

Brush: Muhle Synthetic

Razor: English red Tip

Blade: English Wilky

Soap: MWF

A/S: European Old Spice

This brush just keeps getting better and better in the bowl, still not really like it for face lathering but in a bowl it just seems to get better every time I use it.
What size is your Muhle STF brush?

23mm is the sweet spot! Tried 19 and 21 and not as good....
Good to know. I have the 21mm and maybe that's why I favour the Plisson over it.

My cupboard is bursting at the seams with soaps but you guys are killing me with your reviews of Jabonman.

My cupboard is bursting at the seams with soaps but you guys are killing me with your reviews of Jabonman.

In another couple of weeks LaP I'll be selling my jabonman soaps (keep ~50ml in a tin and sell ~ 50ml in the tubs they came in) it'll be a cheap way to try them, and being half full they won't take up as much room in your cupboard [emoji13]

Cool. That should give me time to reinforce the shelving and bolt the frame to the wall.

View attachment 927

CTR with Polsilver SI (5)
Jabonman Vetiver Citricos
Berkeley
Jermyn St

Jabonman is awesome.

What is the JS balm like? It's probably my all time favourite scent for the shaving cream. If the balm is the same scent and has some longevity I'll have to grab some.
I should of bought from Himage but I just didn't trust it.

This Hoffritz Slant is about 60 years young and another @alfredus inspired purchase. Almost mint since the previous owner found it at an estate sale, still wrapped in original plastic packaging. He used it once prior to selling it.
SThrpPK.jpg

The only razor I am sometimes sad selling - if they had only done a none ZAMAC versionn...

But I am now adamant - I NEED A RED RING!!! It is my only exception to the 2015 Sabbatical. WTB lsiting minutes away
If you mean it: I have a NOS? Red Ring with the CHROME box. As I won't be back home before the end of Jan you might as well not start the sabbatical and you need to start thinking about the second mortgage you need in order to afford it :)

Brush: Duke 2 (Best)
Soap/Cream: Wickham's Bay Rum
Razor: Eclipse Red Ring (ERR)
Blade: IP Red (1)
Aftershave: Captain's Choice Bay Rum

Thought I'd really push the ERR today, by loading with an IP Red - a blade that I once got on with but recently we haven't much gotten along. But first the Wickhams. Can't kick this off without a big thank you to @Nightguard for this sample of their Bay Rum (must be older stock as I can't find it in their current range. Now this stuff had to be good to compete with the Jabonman's soaps. Well it put in a valiant effort and.....came out with undented and still sparkling armour. What a soap! That lather is top shelf. Today's artisans are really knocking the big boys clear out of the saddle. Sorry Proraso, GFT, TOBS, et. al., you got nothing on these soaps. I could happily use this soap daily - great thick protective lather with superb glide and post-shave face feel. ...and the scent!!! Ask me two weeks ago if I liked Bay Rum and I'd have maybe have been polite but changed the subject - now between the Jabonman Oriental Breeze, Captains Choice Bay Rum and , now, this Wickhams I am seriously coming around.

So the ERR? Well first pass and second pass were impeccable. The third pass - mixture of XTG and ATG - was a little less perfect. Still smooth but a little tugging as the intent to remain mild struggled against the coarseness of my beard. Still got a nice smooth shave at the end, but not as butter-slicingly as a more aggressive rig.

Have I told you guys about Captians Choice Bay Rum. First sniff, disappointing. First application, astounding. Consequent scent, addictive. Consequent applications, a must!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.