Shave of the Day 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few shaves duting the holidays with some stuff.

Today:

DR Harris Arlington
Simmo '10' Facebrush
34C Merrrkurrr
PSS (1)
Alum
ASB

You forget how sharp these PSS are at the start because they last so long. Effortless shaving. A shame about having to go back to work :sad2:

GBE was on it's last legs on Saturday morning, so reached into the Monsta's Bag-O-Blades[SUP]TM[/SUP] this morning and pulled out a Blue/Gold Polsilver.

Shave in the Fatboy was smooth as always but not as close as some. Zero Irritation.

Thanks to the Green Proraso tube and the Smoggie 730HD for their efforts on the lather.

Vulfix boar.
TOBS Sandalwood-Beginning to like this stuff.
Black Beauty on 7 with new GBE.

Shaving with an axe! Man this razor weighs a tonne. Used absolutely no pressure but still managed to scrape myself a good'n. What I like about lightweight/bakelite razors is that you've got the option of applying pressure in areas that can handle it. Don't think this will ever be a dead set regular tool but I'll continue to let it clutter up my drawer because it is a thing of engineering beauty.

Overall a shave that was a bit too close for comfort.

Lots of bitching and moaning

FFS, the Super Adjustable has the most aggressive gap of any Gillette - BAR NONE. A setting of 6 on these is about equivalent to Fatboy on 9.

Dial it back, I'd go back to at least a 5.... and let the weight do the work. If you are adding pressure then you have lost your DE skills with that silly plastic utensil.

EDIT: Today's my off day - no shave.

FFS, the Super Adjustable has the most aggressive gap of any Gillette - BAR NONE. A setting of 6 on these is about equivalent to Fatboy on 9.

Dial it back, I'd go back to at least a 5.... and let the weight do the work. If you are adding pressure then you have lost your DE skills with that silly plastic utensil.

Boom! Bakelite Boy got served :p

You should give it a try.

You are just reinforcing your philistine views on the world.

And for the record, 'silly plastic utensil' is probably the greatest ever putdown here on P&C. In fact, I think the 14th of January every year is going to become 'International Silly Plastic Utensil Day'.

Fatboy on 8
New Wilkinson Sword blade (date code F 2 white container no other markings and I don't know heritage)

Well today was the last day on this Wilk and probably one more day than I should have.

So I started on the 4th and should have finished after the 14th - that makes 10 days per blade with these.

Once I would have thought that was exceptional now it seems just average - RM and your vintage blades, what have you done to us!

P.160 tipo Morbido
Semogue 830
Gillette Rocket HD
Spoiler (I think) NFI how many
alum
MARCO! & Stella ASB

Easy peasy this shaving caper!
I have been experimenting with leaving the alum on rather than rinsing before ASB application the last few shaves. Showing good signs so I will stick with it for a bit.

Another boring post - same stuff as last time (I am getting so boring and set in my ways I should have been an accountant).

Mate, that level of boring takes years of training and experience ...

Another boring post - same stuff as last time (I am getting so boring and set in my ways I should have been an accountant).

I'm sure like myself nobody can remember your last shave. And you still haven't tried out any of your Silly Plastic Utensils (Bakelite Razors) as you've promised several times. As a fellow SE shaver you'll appreciate the subtleties (obviously lost on the many heavy metal DE heathens that populate this site) of being able to adjust the pressure.

Today I replaced the Gillette Aussie and put in a Gillette Black 7 O'clock, just in the R41 razor. I am convinced the Gillette Aussie blade is not suited to an aggressive razor.

Smooth shave and used the dregs of my Proraso soap.

I'm looking forward to getting rid of the last of the Proraso and switching to the TOBS Lemon Line cream for a change.

Change of razor for me today - reached for the Pureman Opencomb prototype. Loaded up a fresh Aussie Spoiler.

Amazing shave on a 2-passer - these locally produced Gillette blades are damn good. Lather courtesy of Proraso & Smoggie 730HD.

Vulfix boar
Tabac stick
Super adjustable with GBE on No 2

Now that I've been told that the Black Beauty is da badass muddafucka of adjustable razors including the piss in your pants, nancy boy Slim and Fatboy adjustables, I've got a new found respect for it. It's still a very unwieldy machine with the long handle adding to the feeling of having no control over what happens at the cutting face.

Received a eBay Str8 in the mail yesterday. A "Universal" ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389844346.704124.jpg
In good condition. Honed and Stropped her today. Not a bad shave for 11$. Will put her to some more paste tomorrow. And move her into the rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.