Shave of the Day 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vulfix boar
Tabac stick
Super adjustable with GBE on No 2

Now that I've been told that the Black Beauty is da badass muddafucka of adjustable razors including the piss in your pants, nancy boy Slim and Fatboy adjustables, I've got a new found respect for it. It's still a very unwieldy machine with the long handle adding to the feeling of having no control over what happens at the cutting face.

Be happy to do a swap for a couple weeks of that for the R41 if you ever feel so inclined.

Last shave with the Aussie Gillette, EJ 89, TOBS Jermyn. After what seems like an age the Aussie has lost its edge, I could probably get another shave or two out of it but the enjoyment just wasn't there it felt like I was pushing too hard.

This has been a great combo, but now it is time to choose a new one.

Frankenbrush
Irisch Moos cream
Super adjustable on 5 with a GBE on 3.

Great shave actually. Maybe I'll start throwing this razor in to a future rotation. Just to prove to myself you can get a close shave with an axe.

Shave No 4 with the Super Adjustable with a GBE on No 4.
Another really close shave. Plowed through it. Plow is the right description for this beast. Have still got it on 5 but in future will probably dial it down to 4. Although the GBE seems to not have deteriorated much, I'll do another one and then give the Jugster a lend of the Plow.

Wee Scot and Tabac stick.

Everybody else growing beards again?

Last edited:
3rd shave this morning on the Pureman OpenComb Prototype and the Aussie Gillette. Back to Proraso and the Smoggie this morning.

Couple of nicks over bumps, but otherwise a good and enjoyable shave. Alum came out after to soothe the troublemakers.

Today was a special day for me.
Tabac and a brush
Merkur futur

Shick!!!!!!!!

Wow ok this is a greater blade! Almost as good as an astra :p

But seriously a great shave sharp and smooth! I am impressed!!

Haha. Seriously a good shave! After surfing eBay really don't want to get addicted to schicks because cant see any out there!!!!

34C with Astra
Speick stick
Omega boar

A good combo. The Speick stick is the only non-ARKO! stick that I've used. It has a better scent (yes yes, I know many would say so do urinal cakes...) but thus far it doesn't perform quite as well. Have only been using cold water so far due to rubbish summer weather, maybe warm/hot water makes a difference?

Just noticed my custom rank too :p

Monsta edit: I couldn't help myself to do a Yahoo!/ARKO! style rank in the style of The Register :)

Last edited by a moderator:
34C with Astra
Speick stick
Omega boar

A good combo. The Speick stick is the only non-ARKO! stick that I've used. It has a better scent (yes yes, I know many would say so do urinal cakes...) but thus far it doesn't perform quite as well. Have only been using cold water so far due to rubbish summer weather, maybe warm/hot water makes a difference?

Just noticed my custom rank too :p

Speick is one of the best lathers out there. I've never shaved with cold water but I'd say that's the problem.

Last edited:
+1 here for warmish water on the Speick.

I don't think I have ever used cold water despite the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.