Shave of the Day 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye indeed I do, yet was curious as to what @filobiblic thought of it.

Razor: 37c
Blade: Feather (1)
Brush: Omega S10108
Soap: Stirling Vetiver
Aftershave: Agua Balsamica

Encouraged by my recent encounter with B&M Latha, I opened a small wrap of Stirling Vetiver that I obtained from a pass around box. The scent was delicious and after I added a ton of water I had an excellent shaving medium to work with. The shave itself was stellar. The shave-old Feather was arguably better than the virgin edge.

Agua Balsamica reminds me a lot of Pino Silvestre, which is high praise indeed.

Last edited:
image.php

La Toja - Crema de Afeitar
Zenith IlRasoio LE
C.V. Heljestrand
Paco Rabanne pour homme

Brush: Semogue 620
Soap: Shaver Heaven Coconut Citrus Sorbet
Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Gillete Silver Blue (3)
Aftershave: Alum

So yesterday I had some Shaver Heaven soaps arrive. The scent on this soap is coconut base mixed with citrus (I am picking up different citrus notes but I detect notes of lemon and lime). The soap loads easily and lathers into a nice thick lather very quickly. The performance of this soap is right up there (it provided good protection and slickness), it is great to see a top soap maker in Australia.

I like the scent, it brings a smile to my face.

Razor: 37c
Blade: Feather (1)
Brush: Omega S10108
Soap: Stirling Vetiver
Aftershave: Agua Balsamica

Encouraged by my recent encounter with B&M Latha, I opened a small wrap of Stirling Vetiver that I obtained from a pass around box. The scent was delicious and after I added a ton of water I had an excellent shaving medium to work with. The shave itself was stellar. The shave-old Feather was arguably better than the virgin edge.

Agua Balsamica reminds me a lot of Pino Silvestre, which is high praise indeed.
If it is the bar shaped small sample in a paper bag - I think this is Mike's Vetiver, not Stirling. I believe I misslabled it - if you show me next time I can tell you 100% - sorry :(

20150512_SOTDS_zpsqv9i6fwh.jpg

Pre-Shave: Occams pre-shave soap, cold water
Razor: BBS-1
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Brush: Vie-Long 12330
Soap: Barrister & Mann Ferox
Post-shave: Alum, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Stirling Vetiver alcohol free Witch Hazel

Beautiful second shave with the BBS-1! Such an easy to use razor - makes life really joyful. The handle fits now perfect as well - I guess it was only me being used to the huge handle I have on the Wolf. Just need to put my pinky underneath the handle, and everything worked like a charm :D

The brush is really special - a Horse/Boar mixture - very generously donated by @Draco Noir! I have palm lathered it a couple of times and used it today for the first time. Still some scritch and breaking in to do...but the lather was already stellar. This is a true Lather MONSTER!!!

If you are interested in this brush - it will be hopefully soon making the rounds here...just waiting for a word from @Monsta_AU

Brush: Semogue 620
Soap: Le Pere Lucien
Razor: Weber
Blade: Voshkod
Aftershave: Myrsol Agua Balsamica

Good. Very good

@stillshunter, what's the Le Pere Lucien soap like? I've had my finger on the trigger a few times looking at this and for some reason or other haven't gone through with it. Would be very interested in your appraisal mate :)

Pre-Shave: 2 glasses of Schilde Estate 2011 Shiraz (and very pleasant they were too)
Razor: FB Exec
Blade: Feather *1
Brush: FS Best, or finest - I can't remember any more.
Soap: Dapper Dragon Signature
Post-shave: Speick A/S

First time I have used a feather in awhile, and I forgot how bitey they feel that first shave. Good job I had the FB at wimp level (#5 on the dial), otherwise that bump I just caught would have been sliced clean off.
LAther was a little thin, but that was user error when I added too much water to the brush, and then couldn't be bothered to fix it.

You're clinging desperately on to the warmth of Summer. Just let it go friend and embrace the cold of Winter.
Winter is coming.

I know winter is coming, doesn't mean I can't shave a think of a tropical island somewhere else in the world :)

If it is the bar shaped small sample in a paper bag - I think this is Mike's Vetiver, not Stirling. I believe I misslabled it - if you show me next time I can tell you 100% - sorry :(

Dude, I liked the scent so much that I scoured Stirling's website to look for it. I couldn't find it so I figured it must be discontinued.

Looks like I'll be doing a Mike's order some time.

@stillshunter, what's the Le Pere Lucien soap like? I've had my finger on the trigger a few times looking at this and for some reason or other haven't gone through with it. Would be very interested in your appraisal mate :)
Few of us have LPL mate - so will ask for some balance from the likes of @Nightguard and @filobiblic - as I know those two fellas know the soap well too. Mate, I got it just before my MdC arrived and have to say it is damned close to being as good - slightly easier to make a good lather as the MdC needs more fine-tuning IMHO. LPL ticks all my boxes with bonus points for both protection and glide....oh and double bonus power-up points for the scent!. It is still the best matched soap to Myrsol's Agua Balsamica.

What I've said in the past:
"Le Pere Lucien. A sample of the traditional fragrance made its way into my hands....into my bowl, through my brush and onto my face. This stuff is good. Very good. Very 'king good. Scent. Glide. Protection. Scent. Post-Shave Feel. Give me a box and I'll tick it. I got a few shaves left in this sample but I think there's an order going across to Europe shortly. A box that'll probably also carry home more Myrsol supplies. Having said that the Agua Balsamica complements this shave soap perfectly. I think both have the goodness of Rosemary and Thyme."

"LPL. Man this soap is so good. As I've said previously it ticks all the boxes of a fine lather - ease of building, consistency/viscosity, scent, glide, protection, face feel, etc., - no compromises here. Is it as good, or better than, the MdC? Well only time will tell, though I anticipate a tie at best. The lather from the MdC is extraordinary."

But, again, let's see what the other guys reckon - as I fear a little (read "huge") bias towards European soaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.