Status
Not open for further replies.
20150610_SOTDS_zpstpwqiaj6.jpg

Pre-Shave: Occams pre-shave soap, cold water
Razor: The WOLF(man)
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Whipped Dog Silvertip 24/48
Soap: Esbjerg Grapefruit
Post-shave: Alum, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Stirling Vetiver alcohol free Witch Hazel

First shave back home and how wonderful it was! Missed the Wolf a lot and it did not disappoint - silky smooth and super efficient.

I will write a full review on the Esbjerg cream at a later day, when I have used it more often. Just some initial thoughts: the cream is more like a super soft soap (think Cella, maybe a tad softer) - but definitely performs more like a soap. The scent is beautifully simple yet very nice. My wife said I had to use it straight away...

Exotic as per usual. If you're now on the road,you must have an enormous travel bag to carry all that.
I managed things in this order to bring with me at least one straight razor because, in case I do not need to travel by plane, I want to enjoy a straight razor shave.
For this purpose I asked Mastro Livi to make a travel loom strop of a size I could put it in my bag.

It's not often I shave every day, but twice in one day is unheard of for me. Until today that is, for today I received an unexpected bonus in a trade I made: Yeti snot!
Now, I've read a few disparaging comments elsewhere about the snot being difficult to get good lather from, and others slating it for being a melt and pour soap. Knowing that I have historically struggled with some soaps that others rave over, I was expecting an ice cold shave with so-so lather.
I was therefore pleasantly surprised to find I got really good lather out of it using the trusty Omega 10005. On the face it didn't feel quite as cold as the Stirling glacial range and it didn't make my eyes water like they sometimes do, but it was still very nice, and the cold water splash afterwards was like going for a swim in the sea at Hobart in the middle of winter!
I think I took the Asco blade one shave too far though as the alcolado glacial stang a bit. Or it could just be that my face isn't used to losing that many layers of skin in one day.

Pre-Shave Musgo Spiced Citrus Oil Soap
Brush Vie-Long Horse Hair
Cream Shaver Heaven Hubba Hubba
Razor Otto Roth/Gillette Long Open Comb
Blade Perma-Sharp (4)
Post Shave Alum Block & Dickson's Original Witch Hazel & ê-Shave Orange Sandalwood After Shave Soother

Keeping with the citrus theme again today, started with the Musgo Real Spiced Citrus Oil. Dry this has a glycerine scent but the citrus notes come out when you wash with it.

Love the lather of Shaver Heaven, the Vie-Long really works well with this soap. The Hubba Hubba is starting to grow on me, love the cinnamon and clove scents but the grape bubble gum scent that smacks you in the head when you open the jar takes some getting used to.

Starting to get a hang on the open comb, needs much less pressure than I'm used to. Felt a little raw today and the alum really stung in places. @Draco Noir did warn me about this.

Brush: Ploccitane
Soap/Cream: B&M Test Soap #1
Razor: Leresche #51 Open Comb
Blade: Lab Blue [1]
After-shave: Myrsol Agua Balsamica

The lips are sealed about the @Barrister&Mann test soap. But - boy! - is it a winner!!!

Hwy Draco how do you find the pre-shave oil in terms of getting it your fingers and it's ability to remain on the face between passes.

@Young Buck, I'm not a big fan of pre-shave oils in general. As you point out, you really need to wash your hands after applying it, and it only has much effect on Pass #1. It has to smell mighty good to persuade me to use it.

For my money, Myrsol is the one to beat - pretty close to perfection in a pre-shave product :)

Proraso Red Pre
The Big Shave Super Silvertip
Mongoose
Feather Pro Guard (1)
Fine L'Orange Noir

Another Mongoose user @unobtainium81 :) Looks like the new packaging - is it a recent acquisition? Would love to hear your thoughts on it mate. And what are the Feather Pro Guards like in it? I have a dispenser pack of them ready to try in my Mongoose if the current blade ever decides to pack it in (Kai Captain Mild, 8 shaves and still going strong)

And big thumbs up for the Fine L'Orange Noir - I just love it :)

R41
Simpsons Case
B&M Fougere Imperiale (thanks Borked)
Thayers unscented spiked with menthol (again, thanks Borked)

Wow! I love the B&M the scent is complex and long lasting after the shave. Splashing my face with thayers was a new experience for me. Excellent! Borkeds crystals worked their magic and my face cooled considerably before being left feeling refreshed and moisturised. Great stuff. I've been a balm user till now but this splash has me reconsidering! Now how does thayers compare to Proraso green post shave splash?

A big thanks to Borked for including me with these samples [emoji106]

Brush: Ploccitane
Soap/Cream: B&M Test Soap #1
Razor: Leresche #51 Open Comb
Blade: Lab Blue [1]
After-shave: Myrsol Agua Balsamica

The lips are sealed about the @Barrister&Mann test soap. But - boy! - is it a winner!!!
I'm glad you like 'my' soap :)

I loaded my shave #3 blade today into the Feather Weight and I have to say this is a much maligned little weapon. So mild yet so efficient. Such a different shave to the MMOC from yesterday.
2 passes and done DFS.
My new soap is working a treat face lathering, so much so I have yet to bowl lather with it.
#6 Turkish brush and Witch hazel to finish.

Steve

Another Mongoose user @unobtainium81 :) Looks like the new packaging - is it a recent acquisition? Would love to hear your thoughts on it mate. And what are the Feather Pro Guards like in it? I have a dispenser pack of them ready to try in my Mongoose if the current blade ever decides to pack it in (Kai Captain Mild, 8 shaves and still going strong)

And big thumbs up for the Fine L'Orange Noir - I just love it :)

It's just arrived. Really nice razor. I liked the guard, seemed really smooth in use but also nice and sharp.

The Fine L'Orange Noir smells good. Like TdH.

R41
Simpsons Case
B&M Fougere Imperiale (thanks Borked)
Thayers unscented spiked with menthol (again, thanks Borked)

Wow! I love the B&M the scent is complex and long lasting after the shave. Splashing my face with thayers was a new experience for me. Excellent! Borkeds crystals worked their magic and my face cooled considerably before being left feeling refreshed and moisturised. Great stuff. I've been a balm user till now but this splash has me reconsidering! Now how does thayers compare to Proraso green post shave splash?

A big thanks to Borked for including me with these samples [emoji106]
It's posts like this (and the one where you're seeking to buy B&M - gotta collect them all) make it worthwhile :)
Was there a white layer on the Thayers when you received it ?
Tried heating it up and then giving it a good shake ?
Should be even more bracing after doing so, particularly if there was solidification.

Status
Not open for further replies.