Shave of the Day 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
There wasn't a white layer, but more like white flakes floating around, I'll try heating and shaking it. Great stuff. Now about your Fougere :p

Pre-Shave Musgo Spiced Citrus Oil Soap
Brush The Grooming Co Synthetic
Soap B&M Test Soap #1
Razor Gillette Super Speed
Blade Perma-Sharp (5)
Post Shave Dickson's Original Witch Hazel & ê-Shave Orange Sandalwood After Shave Soother

Appear to be over the latest bout of hayfever that has me nasally impaired so I thought I could forgo the grape bubble gum in favour of more subtle scents and broke out the B&M test soap.

Decided to have a go face lathering with synthetic as it is soooooo soft - never been able to get a good loading with my Frank Shaving Badger usually could only get enough lather for two passes. Not so with this combo! Easily had enough lather for a fourth pass if I had needed it.

The super speed was a mild relief after the the open combo. A lighter smoother version of the slim

There wasn't a white layer, but more like white flakes floating around, I'll try heating and shaking it. Great stuff. Now about your Fougere :p
Shh you ;)
Just proving I'm human, with my usual flair :p

img_1378.jpg

And the transition is complete SOTD has gone from written descriptions to written descriptions with photos and now just a photo. :)
Well I had put writing underneath but for some reason it wouldn't show anything. Every time I went back to edit it added a close img tag after the text. I'll try again.

I can't even edit it now underneath it should have said

Myrsol Emulsion
Rooney Emillion Super Badger
Through The Fire Fine Crafts Wisp
B2 Satin Mongoose with Dr Bomber handle
Feather Pro Guard (2)
Fine Accoutrements Platinum Aftershave

Slight burn from the Wisp soap

I can't even edit it now underneath it should have said

Myrsol Emulsion
Rooney Emillion Super Badger
Through The Fire Fine Crafts Wisp
B2 Satin Mongoose with Dr Bomber handle
Feather Pro Guard (2)
Fine Accoutrements Platinum Aftershave

Slight burn from the Wisp soap
What's the Wisp soap like? Scent? Performance?

The soap maker of Through the Fire Fine Craft also makes the Maggard line of soaps. I -personally - have found the performance of the Maggard soaps lacking (not by much, but still it's a rung below the top soaps).

Brush: FS fine badger
Cream: Ingram's
Razor: FB exec
Blade: Rapira lux platinum *1

Debuts for the Ingram's creamand Rapira blades today. The Ingram's performed admirably and had a nice mild menthol tickle. There is a slightly wrong smelling citrus high note, but the menthol takes most of that out of the equation.
The Rapira didn't fare so well though and gave a slightly uncomfortable shave. Very similar feel to the Voskhod blades which also don't seem to work well with my choice of razors. I'll give it one more try, but not expecting the blade to become miraculously much better.

R89CaseFougèreImperialeThayers

Love B&M Fougere! And Borks Face Freezer was a bracing start to the morning. Brr

20150612_SOTDS_zpse2agclkb.jpg

Pre-Shave: Occams pre-shave soap, cold water
Razor: The WOLF(man)
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Brush: Vie-Long Epsilon White Horse
Soap: Barrister & Mann Lime, Lavender & Cedarwood
Post-shave: Alum, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Stirling Vetiver alcohol free Witch Hazel

First use of this brush - it is huge (I measured a 28mm knot) and needs A LOT of product. I underloaded it a bit (which is a crime in my books), so the lather was a bit runny. The blade was also at its end by the 3rd pass so all in all it wasn't a perfect shave - but still a great post-shave feel and a silky smooth face :D

R89CaseFougèreImperialeThayers

Love B&M Fougere! And Borks Face Freezer was a bracing start to the morning. Brr
So I take it the melt and shake intensified the menthol effects ?

...... :)
Was there a white layer on the Thayers when you received it ?
Tried heating it up and then giving it a good shake ?..........

What? There's a layer of floating scum in a bottle of aftershave? Gimme the humble Nivea balm anyday.

.......Should be even more bracing after doing so, particularly if there was solidification.........

Are these your magic crystals?

Razor: E1 Fatboy (dialled back to 5)
Blade: La brune française Wilkinson Sword, fabriqué en Angleterre (5)
Brush: Plissitane
Soap/Cream: B&M Fougere Aromatique

Back home and first shave done. A little patchy but feels good, especially as I have only had cold water to shave with in recent times.

The B&M - well being first lathering I am not sure I love it - by no means bad at all, just need a couple of more latherings for the scent to come out properly. Performance was top notch as usual.

It's nice to be home.

What? There's a layer of floating scum in a bottle of aftershave?
Are these your magic crystals?
Said 'scum' are solidified majik crystals, that naturally solidify from a liquid state around the thirty degree Celsius mark :)

It's true Monsta, total rubbish, you'll never enjoy it ,but look - to salvage your dough I'll take it off your hands. [emoji4]

I think not. it usually takes a couple of latherings to get it true to scent, so I am going to use it for a couple more shaves, then switch to the Imperiale.

Said 'scum' are solidified majik crystals, that naturally solidify from a liquid state around the thirty degree Celsius mark :)

They solidify at 30 degree C? Unless there are truly magic crystals or my understanding of thermodynamics in relation to solid/liquid state is wrong, surely they'd dissolve at that temperature.

Another wonderful SE shave this morning. I'm free styling my rotation this week and this morning chose the Micromatic Bullet tip from the rack. I would have to say this is very close to perfection as far as a razor is concerned. Fairly mild but oh so efficient. BBS in 2 very pleasant passes.
Brush Turkish #6
Soap My latest - Face lathered but will try my scuttle with this soap tomorrow.
GEM SS blade #4 I think
Razor GEM Micromatic Bullet Tip
Witch Hazel slash.
No cuts or weepers and zero irritation.

Great shave. Now I have to wait another 24 hours !!

Brush: Erksine ReKnot
Soap/Cream: B&M Test Soap #2
Razor: Gillette #15 Open Comb
Blade: Lab Blue [1]
After-shave: Myrsol Formula C

A new day and a new razor to try... I've borrowed a few razors recently and I've bought a few razors recently. I'll review some in more detail in time; and post pictures of the purchases when I get a chance.

At the moment I'm testing a few soaps so I really need to shave with them a few times each. Since the French Leresche razor was a little efficient the day before, I opted for a "gentler" Open Comb with the Gillette #15 today. [emoji11]

PS Myrsol Formula C is such a beautiful scent! (I just wish it lasted longer...)

Status
Not open for further replies.