Shave of the Day 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate I can't argue with that....and the few vintages I have left (NEW LC, Fat Tech and Black Beauty) aren't going anywhere. So I've got ample opportunity to try them out further down the track. Again can't argue with the closeness, we're talking BBS on 95% of Planet Face. Was just not the smoothest road there is all.

It's all about angle.... handle needs to be more perpendicular orbit to planet face.

Brush: Aesop (23mm STF2)
Lather: Haslinger Calendula
Razor: AS-D2
Blade: Feather (3)
After-shave: Skin Bracer

I've waxed lyrical about most the items from today's shave before and they worked together beautifully this morning.

Inaugural shave with the Haslinger Calendula though - big thanks to @Nightguard for the sample (sorry it took me sooooooooooo long to get to it mate). Not much in the scent department (but nothing offensive like that congealed Turkish crotch butter some jokers carry on about on here). This lather isn't thick, but well protective and with a nice slickness. Standout for me though is the post shave face feel. Moisturised nicely. Even the extreme astringency of the Skin Bracer couldn't wipe away that lovely wetness.

Razor: Star 1912
Blade: Personna Gem (1)
Brush: Omega S10108
Soap: Williams
Aftershave: Floid Blue

Great shave to finish the working week. Williams is really growing on me. It's not the greatest lather you'll find but it doesn't pretend to be either. It's definitely a shaveable lather though.

Fancied things up with some Floid Blue at the end.

Ah, presumed it was one of those alcohol free jobs

Very much becoming a favourite. Between the 1305 and the CH2 I really don't see the the need for my other brushes. And it's still not fully broken in yet.

NEED ? Whoever talks about need here?

NEED ? Whoever talks about need here?
Ummmmm, me!
I need some CRSW soap.
I need some Fine aftershave.
I need more Anne Bonny.
I need more Myrsol.
I need more GSBs.
I neeeed...
Must I really go through the whole sorry tale?
OK for you mate, you have a garage full. Meanwhile some of us have to settle for a few shelves in the bathroom to hold our meagre wares.
Sheesh....bragger!

What a beautiful warm day here in Sydney! Seems like Spring is just around the corner... Time to start getting out the delightfully bright and fresh spring soaps and aftershaves!

t9QzbaU.png

Brush: ShaveMac #177
Soap/Cream: Le Père Lucien Traditional
Razor: Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: Personna Lab Blue [2]
After-shave: Myrsol Agua Balsamica

Mediterranean spring countryside happening in the bathroom today. (Y)

What a top shelf looking shave @filobiblic (y)

Brush:
Smog 1305
Lather: Anne Bonny (thank to @filobiblic )
Razor: Tennis (by Fritz Bracht, Solingen)
After-shave: Speick (lotion)

FCTBbiv.jpg

photo courtesy of @Mark

The Tennis arrived from @Mark a couple of days ago. Thanks @Mark mate! (y)
She's got a few battle scars from hones of the past but I think it just adds to the character. I've been itching for the weekend to arrive so I could shave with it. It feels so nice in the hand. Lightest straight I own, but deceiving as it has a wicked edge on it. Very, very smooth. I still struggled under the chin/neck region. I think I am too tentative...and thought so during the shave...so I aimed a shallow angle (edging for 5 degrees) and pushed through it. Look the result is good enough for government work though I took off a little skin in the process. It's a bit raw now with a peppering of blood but I think I do need to be more confident in that area. I believe that is half the battle.

dr-jon-anne-bonny-850x730.jpg

The Anne Bonny make a great lather for straights....I think. The only one I've used so far that gives you grip after the stroke - most others are so slick that you just can't get a purchase in the wake. So Anne makes it easier for me to keep the skin taut. And that scent!!!! Honestly, with the vacation of the Johnny Goodsir, this is probably the scent that accords with me most. My eyelids get heavier the closer it comes to my nose. I've about 3 shaves left in my sample so I think a Dr. Jon's order is ...well...in order.

20150808_SOTDSOLD_zpsbwfygqnr.jpg

Pre-Shave: Bald As Lavender & Mandarin (Soft Pre-shave soap made and kindly donated by Bald As), cold water
Pre-Shave Brush: Whipped Dog Synthetic 24/48
Razor: Wolfman WR1-SB with WRH2
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Paladin 2015 TSN LE
Soap: Barrister & Mann Cheshire
Post-shave: Alum, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Stirling Vetiver alcohol free Witch Hazel

Had an important lunch today - so decided I will not risk a new Feather blade in the Goose :D :D :D

Went for comfort instead and was rewarded with pure bliss - super close, super smooth and no effort...the taming of the Goose will continue on Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.