liA2P9M.png

Strewth mate!

Pre-Shave - Myrsol Emulsion
Brush - Semogue Cerda
Soap - Stewth!
Razor - Ikon Slant DLC (on loan)
Blade - Personna
Post Shave - Thayers Witch Hazel, Strewth! AS, Balm​

Yep I must be one of the only guys who's not been gifted some Strewth!....STREWTH!

So what's it like peeps?

Yep I must be one of the only guys who's not been gifted some Strewth!....STREWTH!

So what's it like peeps?

The soap is very good without it being a major headliner. Quite a few dips of the brush in water before the nice stuff came out. Very subtle scent of leather. There are other notes that I am told but my lousy nose couldn't pick them up. Performance is very good.

The highlight for me was the aftershave. Lovely scent of leather that doesn't linger. My face felt reborn after splashing it on and throughout the day. Early days yet but the best post-shave qualities I have ever experienced.

For the record they were not gifted to us.

I had a much better, more normal shave last night compare to my last post. Can't really say why it was better as everything was the same, straight, SE, soap and brush. Just one of those things I suppose.

I will further test this theory this evening.

The emulsion is precious stuff. Like liquid gold to me. Proraso so easy to get and cheap but also fantastic.
I'll have to try a change.

Appreciate your thoughts as a pre-shave when you try it.

I hear you. My sample from @filobiblic is almost done. I need to get me some more. Invaluable when things go tits up.

Pre or Post, Stillsy?

The emulsion is precious stuff. Like liquid gold to me. Proraso so easy to get and cheap but also fantastic.
I'll have to try a change.

Proraso green pre balm makes my eyes water. Intense stuff.

How much do you use, and how do you apply it? Do you rub it in much?

It's a good menthol starter to a shave, but leaves you needing something with a bit more oomph for the actual shave.

Proraso green pre balm makes my eyes water. Intense stuff.

How much do you use, and how do you apply it? Do you rub it in much?
Proraso Green
I use my finger to get it out of the jar so I apply a "fingers worth". The smaller 100ml jar lasted Sept - Jan with almost daily use.
Whether I use it pre or post I apply it to a damp - not wet - face and rub it in. I focus more in the area under my jaw and neck as these are the more sensitive areas. Probably massage it in more when using as a pre than post.
Emulsion
Use mostly as post and applied to dry face (after witch hazel) and rubbed it in. it spreads surprisingly well and you only need a small amount - about the size of my fingernail will do

The PAA Mentholated ICE Scentless Pre-Shave Soap has nice level of menthol - more than the Emulsion but less than the Proraso. Also as it's scentless it doesn't interfere with the scent of the lather.

Pre-Shave PAA Mentholated ICE Scentless Pre-Shave Soap
Brush Vie-Long Horse Hair 13066
Soap Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Edition
Razor Ikon #102 Slant
Blade Voskhod (2)
Post Shave êShave Orange Sandlewood After Shave Soother
Aftershave Myrsol F./Extra

The Saponificio Varesino 70th has a wonderful scent. Probably could have loaded the brush a little more and left it to bloom a little longer but it produced a great lather, nice glide and a creamy texture. This will be a part of my rotation for sometime to come.

Big thanks to @Lifes a Peach for doing the hard work and getting this shipped to Australia!

Last edited:
The Saponificio Varesino 70th has a wonderful scent. Probably could have loaded the brush a little more and left it to bloom a little longer but it produced a great lather, nice glide and a creamy texture. This will be a part of my rotation for sometime to come.

That's encouraging to hear, @StueyB (y)

Pre or Post, Stillsy?
Definitely post mate. I don't bugger my pre-shave phase too often ;)
Seriously though I've tried it and Antesol as pre-shave and hadn't noticed a discernible enough difference to warrant wasting a post-shave application (again want this sample to last).
Did you know that Emulsion was the favourite of Miquel Ricou Sole, founder of Myrsol. He used it through the whole process - including as shaving cream.

Status
Not open for further replies.