So you like the NEW LC?

Soap: Reef Point Earl Grey and Ginger
Brush: Semogue 1305 IB edition 2012
Razor: Fat Handle Tech
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Post-shave: Soap Commander Integrity balm

Great shave
Pic? [emoji6]

The emulsion is precious stuff. Like liquid gold to me. Proraso so easy to get and cheap but also fantastic.
I'll have to try a change.
Well, you now ought to know after the Melbourne meet that Myrsol will be easier to get... [emoji6]
It will be available locally - soon.

Well, you now ought to know after the Melbourne meet that Myrsol will be easier to get... [emoji6]
It will be available locally - soon.
What? Really? Who? When? Soon?...or do I get a G&C order going...

...not that shop that was supposed to open like a few weeks ago. Hmmpphh

What? Really? Who? When? Soon?...or do I get a G&C order going...

...not that shop that was supposed to open like a few weeks ago. Hmmpphh
Read below - and then increase the limit on your credit card... It's coming!

Yep - so true!. I've been holding back ordering from G&C. My Antesol is the one running lowest. Must get that too.

It does look like you have been drinking it... Myrsol is good. [emoji106]

Might have to get an omega and give that a go as well.

I've got a number of brushes - most generously provided to me by @Draco Noir - that I can lend you to try out:
The Grooming Co Synthetic, Semogue Owners Club Boar, Vie-Long Horse Hair 13066, Vulfix #849 Pure Badger, Frank Shaving Silvertip Badger and of course the "Hoar" - Vie-Long 12330 Boar Bristle (70%) & Horse (30%) Shaving Brush. Let me know if you are interested in giving any of them a try out.

Pre-Shave PAA Mentholated ICE Scentless Pre-Shave Soap
Brush The Grooming Co Synthetic
Soap Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Edition
Razor Ikon #102 Slant
Blade Voskhod (3)
Post Shave Dickson's Original Witch Hazel & Myrsol Emulsion
Aftershave Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve

I as wrong about the Saponificio Varesino 70th being a good soap - it's fan-fracking-tastic! Woke up this morning and decided to do a quick one pass face lather to tidy up to "socially acceptable", but the lather was so rich and thick that I ended up with a full three pass and was almost late for work.

Emulsion and Clubman Special Reserve topped off a great shave

The brush is nicely broken in now and performs beautifully. Might have to get an omega and give that a go as well.

@Osman, if you're looking for another boar, I can't recommend the Antiga Barbearia de Bairro brushes from Gifts & Care highly enough. I absolutely love mine, and if I had to cut down to only one brush, it would be a serious contender. And it's pretty inexpensive to boot :)

I've got a number of brushes - most generously provided to me by @Draco Noir - that I can lend you to try out:
The Grooming Co Synthetic, Semogue Owners Club Boar, Vie-Long Horse Hair 13066, Vulfix #849 Pure Badger, Frank Shaving Silvertip Badger and of course the "Hoar" - Vie-Long 12330 Boar Bristle (70%) & Horse (30%) Shaving Brush. Let me know if you are interested in giving any of them a try out.

Pre-Shave PAA Mentholated ICE Scentless Pre-Shave Soap
Brush The Grooming Co Synthetic
Soap Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Edition
Razor Ikon #102 Slant
Blade Voskhod (3)
Post Shave Dickson's Original Witch Hazel & Myrsol Emulsion
Aftershave Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve

I as wrong about the Saponificio Varesino 70th being a good soap - it's fan-fracking-tastic! Woke up this morning and decided to do a quick one pass face lather to tidy up to "socially acceptable", but the lather was so rich and thick that I ended up with a full three pass and was almost late for work.

Emulsion and Clubman Special Reserve topped off a great shave
Thanks @StueyB very kind of you. I am waiting for my Saponificio Varesino to arrive so now I am doubly excited after your experience with this soap.

150820_zpskzduqb5x.png

Face Wash : O Melhor pre-shave exfoliant soap
Pre Shave : Myrsol Emulsion
Brush : Fine Synthetic
Soap : Saponificio Varesino special edition (Thanks to @StueyB)
Razor : Bruce Gregory "Kamisorta"
After Shave : Speick AS

A wonderful shave today. No pressing commitments so I could take my time. I put Amandla by Miles Davis on the music machine and started on the pre-flight checklist - Which soap? Which brush? Kamisori, DE or straight?

@StueyB is not kidding when he says the Saponificio Varesino 70th anniv soap is "fan-fracking-tastic" - it most certainly is. Wonderful fragrance as soon as the lid came off the tin, and the Fine synthetic brush whipped up a lather to die for. The american Kamisori shaved very well indeed : very sharp but smooth and forgiving. The only thing less than ideal was the blade length, which is about 15-20mm longer than I'm used to. I'm sure I'll get used to it quickly, but it was a little disconcerting first time out. A cold face rinse and a splash of Speick AS and the day looks good :)

ok I will give this a crack.

Soap: Desperado from the Shaver Heaven. Sample from @Dale.Whiley what a legend.
Brush: overpriced Badger from the shaver shop. My new Edwin Jagger DE89.
Razor: My new Edwin Jagger DE89.
Blade: Astra Green. also from Dale
Post-shave: Nivea post shave balm.

This was my first 3 pass shave and I am very happy with my new razor, I was using a cheap one from the shaver shop.
So after getting home with the new razor in hand I had to try it, so I had a hot shower to prep my face. So I spent some time getting getting a good lather (still not the best but im getting there). WOW what a difference it is with a quality razor it glides no much better than the cheap one bugger all irritation.
Anyway I am hooked for sure and my face feels so much better.

20150820_SOTDSWOW_zpsuikcbzb0.jpg

Pre-Shave: Occams pre-shave soap, cold water
Razor: GEM Micromatic Clog Pruf (from B&B Australian pass-around box)
Blade: GEM Stainless Steel (from B&B Australian pass-around box)
Brush: Paladin Chief
Cream: Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes (from B&B Australian pass-around box)
Post-shave: Alum, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Stirling Vetiver alcohol free Witch Hazel

Today was my first encounter with a vintage SE – and only my second encounter with a SE in general. The razor is very nice looking and the opening/closing mechanism very handy. Loading the blade was also a breeze – all in all a very well made razor.

The blade angle is very easy to find, due to the head geometry, but even with a very light touch the shave itself was on the harsh side. I had a nick under my nose and a very soar face after the shave. It was a close shave, but definitely not smooth for me. But I will give it another go in two days.

The cream has a very pleasant scent and produces in seconds tons of very slick lather. But (like most creams for me) lacks a bit in the body/cushion department.

Thanks @StueyB very kind of you. I am waiting for my Saponificio Varesino to arrive so now I am doubly excited after your experience with this soap.
Seems like the Melbourne crew banded together and went for broke with the 70th Anniversary Saponificio Varesino soap. Did you guys buy direct or via a 3rd party?
(@LifesAPeach is the ring leader - I'm sure of it! [emoji38])

ok I will give this a crack.
This was my first 3 pass shave and I am very happy with my new razor, I was using a cheap one from the shaver shop.
Anyway I am hooked for sure and my face feels so much better.
Wonderful to hear! Well done. You'll get even better with time and experience. A lot of it comes down to technique (which is acquired by hard yakka). Having good hardware certainly helps, but good technique trumps it any day. All the best with your many shaves ahead! [emoji106]

Status
Not open for further replies.