Shave of the Day 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a very pale looking bottle of Floid. What is black label about the black label compared to Vigoroso or Suave?

That's a very pale looking bottle of Floid. What is black label about the black label compared to Vigoroso or Suave?

No idea @eggbert - I haven't tried Vigoroso or Suave lately, only this one and the Floid Blue. This one has a very soft, rounded and "sweet" fragrance without being sickly or feminine. I seem to remember the ones you mention having slightly spicy top notes. I get the feeling this fragrance won't work so well in hot weather, but time will tell.

If you need a more definitive answer, you'll have to buy 'n' try I guess...

I'm happy enough with supercharged vigoroso until this 1/3 bottle empties itself.

TUSnBa5.png

"...fan-fracking-tastic" @StueyB 2015

Pre-Shave - Myrsol Emulsion
Brush - Paladin TSN LE
Soap - Saponificio 70th Anniversary
Razor - Hoffritz Travel Slant
Blade - Perma-sharp
Post Shave - Thayers Witch Hazel, Aqua Di Parma, Balm​

Advice...I got 100 pack of Personna Blues, they're great...however I'd like something sharper but not as sharp as feathers....what do u recommend?

Advice...I got 100 pack of Personna Blues, they're great...however I'd like something sharper but not as sharp as feathers....what do u recommend?
Gillette Indian Blacks (7 o'clock super platinums)?

Vintage :)

TUSnBa5.png

"...fan-fracking-tastic" @StueyB 2015

Pre-Shave - Myrsol Emulsion
Brush - Paladin TSN LE
Soap - Saponificio 70th Anniversary
Razor - Hoffritz Travel Slant
Blade - Perma-sharp
Post Shave - Thayers Witch Hazel, Aqua Di Parma, Balm​
Looks like a stellar shave to me!!!

You can still get 100 permasharps for $21.70 delivered for ebay - sorry can't work out how to get the link working from tapatalk.
I'm still undecided on whether I prefer the permasharps over the polsilvers or viceversa. Both are damn fine shaves.
I can post you a pack of permasharps if you want to try them out

That Paladin brush is epic. That soap is stupendous. Time to slow down and smell the roses.

I thought you were showing signs of inner peace at lunch yesterday @Lifes a Peach. At the time, I attributed it to the prawn, mushroom and water chestnut dumplings, or perhaps the stellar company of @StueyB and myself. But now I realise you were still on a Paladin/Saponificio Varesino 70th anniversary high... :)

I thought you were showing signs of inner peace at lunch yesterday @Lifes a Peach. At the time, I attributed it to the prawn, mushroom and water chestnut dumplings, or perhaps the stellar company of @StueyB and myself. But now I realise you were still on a Paladin/Saponificio Varesino 70th anniversary high... :)

Friday's morning ritual did set me up for a great day, and the dumplings with @StueyB and yourself was the icing on the cake :)

Couldn't wipe the smile off my face even when I was under the corporate pump during the afternoon.

150822_zpsjfixamia.png

Face Wash : Razorock Lime Menthol Glycerine Soap
Pre Shave : Myrsol Emulsion
Brush : Thater 2 Band
Soap : Le Pere Lucien Cedar & Patchouli
Razor : Bruce Gregory Kamisori
After Shave : Loccitane

Second shave with the Bruce Gregory Kamisori, and it feels like an old friend already. A seriously satisfying start to Saturday :)

Status
Not open for further replies.