img_1736.jpg

Trumpers Lime Skinfood
Stirling Synthetic brush
Shannons Lady Luck
Mongoose
Feather Pro (9)
Myrsol Antesol
YSL La Nuit de L' homme EDT

Not the best shave today. I can't really pinpoint why. The lather looked good, usual prep also. I thought it might have been the blade and even switched from the mongoose to the Aristocrat on the side with a once used Sputnik blade which seemed fine on my last shave but still rough today. I guess it was just one of those days.

Razor: Weber PH
Blade: Schick vintage (1)
Brush: Smog 620
Soap: LPL Ceder & Patchouli
Aftershave: F/Extra

Nice shave overall. The Schicks took some getting used to as they felt a little less smooth than others - full marks for sharpness though. These blades did feel far more rigid too, so assume they're a little fatter than the average bear.

Polished it all off with the last splashes of the F/Extra sample I got from @filobiblic . Great timing as, thank goodness, I pick-up the full bottle from @Mark1966 tomorrow. Phew!

Preshave: @Draco Noir preshave oil
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89L
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Brush: Vie Long Hoar ( kindly on loan from @StueyB )
Post Shave: Proraso Green followed by Burberry London EDP
Three pass shave today with no nicks or cuts. First use of MWF and very impressive. Pressed into my shave bowl and worked into a nice luxurious lather. Provided all the protection I needed for three passes and more if necessary. Great post shave feel as well. The Rapira blades continue to work well for me.
20150908_190439 (1) by Osman Mehmed, on Flickr

Razor: Weber PH
Blade: Schick vintage (1)
Brush: Smog 620
Soap: LPL Ceder & Patchouli
Aftershave: F/Extra

Nice shave overall. The Schicks took some getting used to as they felt a little less smooth than others - full marks for sharpness though. These blades did feel far more rigid too, so assume they're a little fatter than the average bear.

Polished it all off with the last splashes of the F/Extra sample I got from @filobiblic . Great timing as, thank goodness, I pick-up the full bottle from @Mark1966 tomorrow. Phew!
Nearly had to report you for suggesting the Schicks might not be one of the best blades in the world!
But then I had a couple of indifferent shaves with Schick blades the first time I tried them too.

20150909_SOTDS_zpscqwqmsra.jpg

Pre-Shave: Occams pre-shave soap, cold water
Razor 1st pass: Universal Shavette
Razor 2nd-4th pass: Wolfman WR1-SB with WRH2
Blades: Voskhod (2)
Brush: Paladin 2015 TSN LE
Soap: Barrister & Mann Lime, Lavender & Cedarwood
Post-shave: Alum, Stirling Vetiver alcohol free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

2nd try with the shavette and of course after a very satisfying start I got a little cocky. Did another full first pass and decided well to do a 2nd pass ATG as well - cheeks went OK, but then on my chin I got two nice nicks in under 1 sec :cry::cry::cry:

Nothing major and the styptic too care of everything. I changed straight over to the Wolf and that's when I realised, how fatigued my arms were:eek:

This is definitely going to take some time! The good news is, I can easily take remove the blade and use the shavette just as a training vehicle as well, which I might do on the shave free days. And I might go for a 2nd WTG pass from now on.

I also realised, that my lather was a bit too thin today - while it was still good enough for the DE, with the naked blade every small imperfection gets noticed...

Nearly had to report you for suggesting the Schicks might not be one of the best blades in the world!
But then I had a couple of indifferent shaves with Schick blades the first time I tried them too.

Sorry mate, should have elaborated it were the Schick Premiums that I scraped my face with this morning. You know, these ones...
GemanSchickNOS.jpg

Thank you , sir! I am sure you would not regret buying a Mastro Livi straight razor, not to mention, to experience a luxurious shave!
Is the only way to buy a Mastro Livi razor direct through his website? You are truly blessed to live so close to him!

Oh! And I really enjoyed the first Mastro Livi Shaving school video. I'm looking forward to the rest. Well done! Would you be so kind to start a new thread under Shaving University/Straight Razors and post your videos when you upload them? Thank you. More of us will be able to enjoy them then. [emoji106]

Preshave: @Draco Noir preshave oil
Razor: Edwin Jagger De89L
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux
Brush: Vie Long Horse(kindly on loan from @Draco Noir )
Soap: XPEC
Post Shave: Pinaud Clubman
Three pass shave. Really enjoy the exfoliating nature of the horse hair brush. First use of this cream and it is an excellent performer with a pleasant scent. These blades continue to work well for me, sharp and smooth.
20150909_190532 by Osman Mehmed, on Flickr

Sorry mate, should have elaborated it were the Schick Premiums that I scraped my face with this morning. You know, these ones...
GemanSchickNOS.jpg

Nothing wrong with those ones mate, better than the current production blades. Definitely shave differently though (watch the angle).

Pre-Shave Prep Derma Protective Cream
Brush The Grooming Co Synthetic
Soap Shaver Heaven Hubba Hubba
Razor Gillette Slim H2 (5)
Blade GSB
Post Shave RazoRock XX Aftershave Milk
Aftershave Strewth! - You reek o'Stockade

Ten days into my one razor, brush, soap & blade month. Getting nice and comfortable with the Slim and the GSBs. Have been working on my face lathering this week but am still having issues getting the lather as wet as I like it. Part of the issue is the fact that the synth doesn't retain much water - the rest of the issue is my lack of technique: still getting more lather on the sink than on my face. But things are slowly getting better.

Is the only way to buy a Mastro Livi razor direct through his website? You are truly blessed to live so close to him!

I guess this is the only way for you to order a Mastro Livi razor. You place the order through his website and then they will contact you for details.
You are right to say I am truly blessed to live close to his laboratory, not to mention for the fact Mastro Livi is a dear friend of mine and I will always be grateful to him for all the things he taught me about straight razors, honing, stropping and straight razor maintenance. Not to mention all the good time I have every time I go to his laboratory and watch him working.
Of course, as a matter of fact, I am not even one millionth of billionth as good as he is.

Oh! And I really enjoyed the first Mastro Livi Shaving school video. I'm looking forward to the rest. Well done! Would you be so kind to start a new thread under Shaving University/Straight Razors and post your videos when you upload them? Thank you. More of us will be able to enjoy them then. [emoji106]

Thank you for having taken the time to watch my video about Mastro Livi School. I hope you will enjoy all the other videos and the forthcoming episodes of the school.
Also thanks for your invitation to post Mastro Livi School episodes in this forum. I will certainly start a new thread in the "Shave University" and post my videos there. I hope you all will enjoy Mastro Livi School and benefit from Mastro Livi's wisdom, experience, craftsmanship, talent, knowledge and skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.