Shave of the Day 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brush: ShaveMac #177
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Manna Di Sicilia
Razor: Dovo Special 13/16
After-shave: Pitralon Swiss

5e07jAZ.png

After @Marco_SV mentioned his favourite soap was SV "Manna di Sicilia", I recalled I have a sample! So today it got a good run. What beautiful lather! Wow! Creamy and very slick. A very pleasant scent - and a good strength too. It's rare to find a triple-milled hard soap made by an artisan. I must say, for my first experience I give it two thumbs up.

I recently measured all my str8s and discovered that the Dovo Special I bought from @Drubbing last year is the largest. (Where is @Drubbing?!?) By my reckoning it's 13/16 (just short of 7/8). I wanted to see what I thought of a larger razor...and I really enjoyed it! So I think I'll be after a 7/8 or 8/8 in good time...

Preshave: @Draco Noir preshave oil
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89L
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux
Brush: Vie Long Pure Horse
Soap: Martin de Candre Fougere
Post Shave: 4711 AS splash
Three pass shave today. Not really necessary but I was enjoying myself so much I went for the extra pass. First use of this soap and it is a top performing soap giving a rich luxurious lather that protects and assists in the shave. Very pleasant scent a little on the weak side. Excellent results.
20150910_195304 by Osman Mehmed, on Flickr

20150911_SOTDSSepia_zpsfhlkdkro.jpg

Pre-Shave: Occams pre-shave soap, cold water
Razor 1st pass: Universal Shavette
Razor 2nd-4th pass: Wolfman WR1-SB with WRH2
Blades: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Paladin 2015 TSN LE
Soap: Barrister & Mann Cheshire
Post-shave: Alum, Stirling Vetiver alcohol free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Third day with the shavette and my skin was not happy. Tried to do an actual first pass according to my beard grain map...it resulted in a couple of weepers and some irritation...I have to give it a bit of a break I fear.

Razor: Gold Dollar (Edgeless)
Razor: Gem Jr
Blade: Personna Gem
Brush: Omega S10108
Soap: Bald As Olive Oil
Aftershave: Myrsol F/Extra

My first run with the Gem Jr I recently picked up and it was a wicked shave. Any reasonable man would make a Faustian bargain to enjoy a lifetime of shaves like this one.

I rate the Gem Jr highly which is unsurprising given my fondness for 1912s. I can't really tell the difference between a 'standard' 1912 and this razor but this one is a gorgeous gold colour and shaves like a dream.

'Shaving' my right cheek with the GD is feeling more & more natural. Left side is coming along as well but not as quickly. Left side of the neck is not clicking just yet. Right side is downright dangerous!

Razor: Gold Dollar (Edgeless)
Razor: Gem Jr
Blade: Personna Gem (1)
Brush: Omega S10108
Soap: Bald As Olive Oil
Aftershave: Cella Eau De Lavande

That was the 10th day straight using Steve's olive oil soap. I feel I've got the ideal water ratio now. The trick is to get it really wet, although it's highly shaveable before that. It's a stellar soap.

SOTD%2020150912_zpsgdtukini.jpg~original

SOTD for Saturday, September 12.

Cold water shave.
Brush: Simpson Berkeley badger
Soap: Shaver Heaven Desperado
Razor: Gold Monkey 6/8

John Wayne rode through my bathroom this morning. Well I could certainly imagine it with the brilliant leather scent of Desperado floating around the room. This really has become my wife's favourite scent. I smell leather vests and saddles; she smells new handbags and shoes.

The Berkeley is just a face lathering machine. With top quality soaps like Shaver Heaven products ... ... ... WOW.

The Gold Monkey, as always performed well.

Status
Not open for further replies.