Not open for further replies.
img_1759.jpg

3P preshave
Rooney Emillion
Figaro Monsieur Gold
Gillette Tech on SABI handle
Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Figaro Monsieur aftershave

I've been meaning to use the Tech head with a heavy handle for ages so today I paired up this heavy made in England head with the SABI handle. It made for a really nice combo with the mild head but it seemed to shave nice and close with the extra weight in the handle.

Preshave: @Draco Noir preshave oil
Razor: Edwin Jagger De89L
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux
Brush: Semogue 1305
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti
Post Shave: Proraso Green
Three pass shave today with no irritation or nicks. Press the sample into my bowl and lathers up to a rich lather. Still some left over so I will save it for the next shave and add some shave cream for an uber lather. What a revelation and thanks for the info @Draco Noir . I think after eight months of wet shaving with a DE razor that I am finally breaking the bad habits of shaving with a cartridge razor. The shaves continue to improve and no bloodbath. Such happiness and serenity.
20150913_184127 by Osman Mehmed, on Flickr

AMGmggo.png

Brush: Semogue 1305
Soap/Cream: Reef Point Dragon's Blood (Sample from @SydBJW)
Razor: Gillette "Fat Boy" adjustable E-2 (1959)
Blade: Voshkod [1]
After-shave: Old Spice (Indian)

I can see why people enjoy the 1305. I have perhaps a dozen shaves notched up against it now. It generated a creamy lather from the Reef Point sample.

First time with a "Fat Boy" and enjoyed the shave. A lovely amount of weight to it. I used a 7-5-3 setting. Even on 5 it seemed mild but took away the stubble easily enough.

The sweet muskiness of the Old Spice pairs well with the scent of the Dragon's Blood.

Brush: Frank Shaving Mixed Badger
Soap/Cream: Proraso Sandalwood and Shea Butter Soap(red)
Razor: Muhle 5/8" RM30
After-shave: Eqyption Magic Face Balm

Much smoother shave after giving razor a good hone up and strop yesterday. still a few rough bits on the neck but i figure only been using the straight for a bit over a week so still more to learn. lots less rough bits then days past so getting somewhere

img_1759.jpg

3P preshave
Rooney Emillion
Figaro Monsieur Gold
Gillette Tech on SABI handle
Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Figaro Monsieur aftershave

I've been meaning to use the Tech head with a heavy handle for ages so today I paired up this heavy made in England head with the SABI handle. It made for a really nice combo with the mild head but it seemed to shave nice and close with the extra weight in the handle.
Love the look of that brush mate.

Pre-Shave PAA Mentholated ICE Scentless Pre-Shave Soap
Brush The Grooming Co Synthetic
Soap Shaver Heaven Hubba Hubba
Razor Gillette Slim H2 (7)
Blade GSB
Post Shave Proraso Green Pre-shave
Aftershave Myrsol F./Extra
Decided on a Mentholated Monday Morning Shave today and the shaving gods must be pleased with my labours on restoring the Hoshitombo 6000 to full glory as everything went smashingly today. Three passes and a cold water rinse left me with a chilled and nickless face to start the week.

150914_zps34mgwams.png

5 Day Growth vs Hoshi Tombo 6000

the shaving gods must be pleased with my labours on restoring the Hoshitombo 6000

Yes indeed Stuey, the shaving gods even managed a smile in my direction too. There aren't many things as satisfying as mowing down a large amount of facial hair. I've had an enforced break from shaving for nearly a week to let a whole mess of little nicks, scrapes and decapitations heal properly. So there was plenty to shave off. After a short deliberation, I decided to try the Hoshi 6000. After a thorough prep I lathered up with the help of the brilliant little Antiga Barbearia Portuguese Boar brush and the super conifer-forest hit of Tim's Columbia Point shave soap.

Then the shave - oh wow, talk about whispering through all that stubble as though it wasn't even there. Simply briliiant. A single pass to DFS all over, and a smoother than silk second pass to get most of the face to BBS standard. A generous splash of Myrsol's lovely Agua Balsamica and I start the week on a high note indeed...

This is my first week of using the Fat Boy, and I'm loving it. Still working on technique, angle etc etc
I used my Fat Boy for the first time today, and it seemed to me to require a slightly steeper shaving angle (ie handle further from the face) than some other razors. Similar to the Feather AS-D2 which needs a steep angle.

I really enjoy resting my face over the weekend and then mowing down the 3 day growth with the Muhle R41. It was tackled this morning before I got on an early flight for Tassie.

Muhle R41 (2011)
Gillette Yellow blade
Shaver Heaven Drogon Noir
Omega boar
Thayers Original
Myrsol Agua Balsamica
Triumph & Disaster Gameface
Creed Original Vetiver

In Tassie for one night only so I just brought some carry-on luggage. I'll unfortunately have to pull out a lowly cartridge for tomorrow morning's SOTD.

150914_zps34mgwams.png

5 Day Growth vs Hoshi Tombo 6000

Yes indeed Stuey, the shaving gods even managed a smile in my direction too. There aren't many things as satisfying as mowing down a large amount of facial hair. I've had an enforced break from shaving for nearly a week to let a whole mess of little nicks, scrapes and decapitations heal properly. So there was plenty to shave off. After a short deliberation, I decided to try the Hoshi 6000. After a thorough prep I lathered up with the help of the brilliant little Antiga Barbearia Portuguese Boar brush and the super conifer-forest hit of Tim's Columbia Point shave soap.

Then the shave - oh wow, talk about whispering through all that stubble as though it wasn't even there. Simply briliiant. A single pass to DFS all over, and a smoother than silk second pass to get most of the face to BBS standard. A generous splash of Myrsol's lovely Agua Balsamica and I start the week on a high note indeed...

Looks like a stellar shave my friend and the shaving gods must indeed smile on you: 5 days growth - 2 passes - BBS - WOW (y)(y)(y)

Tried another of my vintage carbon steel blades, Bekerley this time, another disappointment. Once again I ended up trashing the blade and finishing with another one.

-Barbasol Non-floating head 1934 bakelite handle

-Polsilver Super Iridium

-Proraso green tea pre-shave cream

-Erasmic soap

-Vie-long 13061

-Nivea Original Lotion

I used my Fat Boy for the first time today, and it seemed to me to require a slightly steeper shaving angle (ie handle further from the face) than some other razors. Similar to the Feather AS-D2 which needs a steep angle.

indeed. i'm finding that too. my first passes on my first few shaves with it were a bit "rough" with the second pass cleaning up nicely. still getting a very nice finish with a GSB.

which blade are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.