Shave of the Day 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
0qBYOCm.jpg

Another stable mate worth it's oats. Beautiful scales, though I was disappointed to find an old crack behind one side (visible in the pic) it looks like it's been there a while so I hope it doesn't grow. Might need some preventative epoxy surgery.

The shave? Peerrfect

20150930_230813 by Osman Mehmed, on Flickr
Preshave: Proraso Red
Brush: Omega Boar
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89 and Windrose Handle
Blade: Polsilver SI
Soap: Martin de Candre and Proraso Red
Post Shave: Proraso Green
Three pass shave. Pressed some Martin de Candre sample into my bowl and lathered up and then added some proraso red cream to produce a wonderful lather. It is fun to experiment. The shave was irritation free and has left my face feeling silky smooth and soft to the touch.

20151001_SOTDS_zpshpkejfmw.jpg

Pre-Shave: Occams pre-shave soap, cold water
Razor: ATT S1 Kronos (kindly loaned by Draco Noir)
Blade: PolSilver SI (2)
Brush: Vie-Long Epsilon 2-Band
Soap: Mike's Lemongrass and Eucalyptus
Post-shave: Alum, Stirling Vetiver alcohol free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Too sick to write much - could barely stand during the shave...result was nice though and definitely by far the best thing that happened to me in the past 24h

I'm enjoying the cut throat experience. I honed a couple of razors a different way today and have to say they are much sharper feeling and smoother. I did nick myself about three times tonight and was surprised to see a red line giving up haemoglobin with just the merest touch at the wrong angle.
Probably a 6 or 7 out of 10 but I will admit my rating system is a bit lower these last couple of weeks. It is a very pleasant DFS with no cuts under the nose.

Too sick to write much - could barely stand during the shave...result was nice though and definitely by far the best thing that happened to me in the past 24h

If you can still shave and enjoy it, it's likely not terminal @alfredus. Spit in Death's eye and keep on shaving, I say ;) Seriously, get well soon - the shaves will be even better when you do :) Perhaps the world needs medicated shave soap and aftershave?

151002_zps51cijm2p.png

Face Wash : Razorock Menthol Lime Glycerine Soap
Pre Shave : Myrsol Emulsion
Brush : Muhle Black Synthetic V2
Soap : Shaver Heaven 1st Anniversary (Thanks to @Lifes a Peach)
Razor : Ikon Slant DLC
Blade : Feather <0>
After Shave : Fine Platinum

Nothing's quite as much fun as mowing down a few days growth with a really decent tool for the job. Gave the Ikon Slant a trot for a change, loaded with a Feather blade (thanks @alfredus for planting that idea in my head). I think it's all been said about @Anthony's wonderful 1st Anniversary soap, so I won't repeat it except to say the Muhle suits it brilliantly - near perfect texture with near zero work. The nice surprise was that I got a 90%+ BBS with a single pass. I'm sure that isn't supposed to happen....

A celebratory splash of Fine Platinum finished off a very nice shave indeed.

Pre-Shave: Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Vie-Long Epsilong Horse Hair
Soap: Strop Shoppe Alpine Frost (thank you Mr @Draco Noir )
Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Personna Med Prep
Aftershave: Thayers Witch Hazel & Proraso Green

Shaving on non-working days are quite rare for me, however the recent warmth in Melbourne had me hankering to try out the Strop Shoppe. The scent is powdery and quite pleasant. The cooling property you would expect from a soap dubbed Alpine Frost however was underwhelming. It supposedly contains menthol but I did not pick up the littlest bit of a tingle.

The lather that I generated from the tub was top shelf stuff. It was thick and glistened right throughout the two passes. Loads of protection that greatly assisted me with getting a superior shave. This soap would have become an instant summer favourite had it not been for the lack of any menthol kick but it's lovely lather will keep it in my rotation.

12108216_10203705143267568_558682557230929504_n.jpg

Big thumbs up to this morning's shave.

That Dr. Jon's - oh what a bonny lass. The soap is everything I remember and more - the lather works well with the straight. The aftershave tonic smells intriguing in the bottle, not quite Sex Panther* while applied to the face but there's definitely some real complex stink going on while travelling from bottle to face, but then the dry-down is rule noice. Bay Rum with a great citrus and peppery twist! But the super bonus points go to the tonic qualities, as her moistness dries she leaves you feeling glowing...no cloying, no drying. Works well with my skin type.

Oh yeah and the Grand Scallywag Enabler a.k.a. @Mark . This blade mate. 'king top shelf!

*Sex Panther - see

Kamisori: Benkei
Brush: Omega S10108
Soap: Cella
Aftershave: Pinaud Eau De Portugal

The Eau De Portugal is marketed as a 'hair tonic' but the ingredients list reads like an aftershave. Apparently it's Turnley's second best selling Pinaud product. It goes on sickly sweet but quickly fades off leaving a pleasant orangey aroma.

Razor: Schick Krona 1966
Blade: Gillette Française Traitée Nouvelle Technique V-2 1975
Cream: Yardley Gold
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Original Sport
Brush: Vie Long - Horse

Today, I used a NOS blade that traveled all the way from France to my mailbox. Same name, different look.
LOwz2ee.png

WTG, ATG under jaw line, ETW over jaw line, ETW under jaw line, ATG over jaw line, WTS sides. Solid DFS

20151003_080122 by Osman Mehmed, on Flickr
Preshave: Proraso Red
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89 with Windrose Handle
Blade: Polsilver SI
Soap: Martin de Candre with DR Harris Windsor
Brush: Omega Boar
Post Shave: Pinaud Clubman
Still had some Martin de Candre left in the bowl so I lathered up and added some DR Harris to produce a wonderful lather. Thick and dense with a nice sheen to it. Three pass shave no irritation or cuts. Bliss.

Status
Not open for further replies.