Shave of the Day 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks mate, I expected a larger disaster.
Anything you noted in the difference which you care to share that might help us also early on the kamisori path?
You remember when Luke, under the tutelage of Obi Wan, was wearing the blast shield helmet and was trying to deflect the zaps coming from the remote sphere with his lightsaber? At first he was being hit by the shocks but as he began to let himself go and simply use The Force to fend off the bursts he was able to parry them all.

That was basically what happened with the stropping last night. I 'went with it' and The Force sorted out the rest.

(y)

12074751_10203711471585772_844874822321972112_n.jpg

I'm loving the shave I get from a kamisori. Not only the results, but more so the process. A certain zone you enter when concentrating as hard as you need to to pull off the shave intact.

Jabonman has proven itself equal to the straight shave.

Been using the F/Extra all week. It's quite the nice repairer....and the scent's nice and old school! Hmmmm...sweet powdery goodness.

151004_zpsp4ayn1dh.png

Face Wash : Shower
Pre Shave : Myrsol Emulsion
Brush : Trumper SB3 Badger
Soap : Saponificio Varesino 70th (Thanks @StueyB)
Razor : Kamisori - Sandor Jenes
After Shave Splash : Fine L'Orange Noir

Relaxed Sunday morning shave. I've noticed lately that I've made gains in the shave speed department for both Kamis and straights. So where on earth does the extra time go on Sunday morning? One of life's little mysteries....

Really managed to nail the BBS above the jawline today - I'm sure I'll be facesturbating for hours :whistle:

I love the Fine L'Orange Noir as a finisher as does @Lifes a Peach, but like many citrus scented AS splashes, it doesn't have much staying power. Do you any of you guys know of an EDT or EDC that delivers that wonderful dry, bitter orange fragrance, but with some real lasting power? Suggestions and potential sources gratefully received :)

DROOOOOOOL. ABSOLUTE DROOOOOL.

I love the Fine L'Orange Noir as a finisher as does @Lifes a Peach, but like many citrus scented AS splashes, it doesn't have much staying power. Do you any of you guys know of an EDT or EDC that delivers that wonderful dry, bitter orange fragrance, but with some real lasting power? Suggestions and potential sources gratefully received :)
Terre d'Hermes. DEFINITELY!!!! It's my usual scent. I'm coming from the other end. I want NEED the Fine L'Orange Noir to complement it....just like I need CRSW Orange d'Jardin.

20151004_134552_zps4fktbvpv.jpg

SOTD Sunday 04/10/2015
Cold water shave
Soap: Shaver Heaven, Ginger Snap
Brush: Simpson Berkerley
Razor: Dovo Stainless Syeel 5/8

Finished the sample of Ginger Snap today. Great performing soap but as the scent is "not me" I will not be making it part of my rotation.

Using the Dovo was a pleasure. I enjoyed my 2 week sojourn into kamisori shaving but my heart lies with Western straights. After using a frehly honed kami for 2 weeks and the recently honed Gold Monkey 6/8 yesterday, the edge that needs a hone on today's Dovo was far more obvious. Still sharp, but needs a freshen-up. I guess I will hit the hones during the week.

Good soap, good badger, good razor, enjoyable shave.

151004_zpsp4ayn1dh.png

Face Wash : Shower
Pre Shave : Myrsol Emulsion
Brush : Trumper SB3 Badger
Soap : Saponificio Varesino 70th (Thanks @StueyB)
Razor : Kamisori - Sandor Jenes
After Shave Splash : Fine L'Orange Noir

Relaxed Sunday morning shave. I've noticed lately that I've made gains in the shave speed department for both Kamis and straights. So where on earth does the extra time go on Sunday morning? One of life's little mysteries....

Really managed to nail the BBS above the jawline today - I'm sure I'll be facesturbating for hours :whistle:

Thank you for an excellent image. To me it really conveys the pleasure of the snave.

Steve

You remember when Luke, under the tutelage of Obi Wan, was wearing the blast shield helmet and was trying to deflect the zaps coming from the remote sphere with his lightsaber? At first he was being hit by the shocks but as he began to let himself go and simply use The Force to fend off the bursts he was able to parry them all.

That was basically what happened with the stropping last night. I 'went with it' and The Force sorted out the rest.

(y)
May the force be with you @khun_diddy
star-wars4-movie-screencaps.com-7221.jpg

Kamisori: Benkei
Brush: Omega S10108
Soap: Bald As Olive/Lanolin
Aftershave: Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum

Oh man, what an exhilarating shave. I met with @bald as today and he stropped the kami on CrOx. Now I understand what all the fuss is about re: pastes. The edge was keen as mustard on steroids and it gave me one of the best shaves of my life.

Sunday 4 October 2015

214269d1443958192-sun-october-04th-sat-october-10th-sotd-04102015.jpg

Traveling with a Mastro Livi Grifetto 60

In this business trip I took with me my newest Mastro Livi Grifetto 60. How could it be different? Not only for the fact Grifetto is a magnificent shaver - both true for "regular" Grifetto and the celebration "Grifetto 60" - but also because this one is a very special and exclusive razor, celebrating 60 years of career committed to the straight razor of one of the greatest artisans and craftsmen of the world, not to mention, a dear friend of mine. This Grifetto 60 shaves wonderfully and very smooth, very effective with a stunning performance like every Mastro Livi razor. I am sure this is a great companion for my trip. This Mastro Livi Grifetto 60 "unlimited edition" is absolutely awesome!​
  • Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: Aquagena
  • Brush: Omega Bristle #89
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Travel Loom Strop and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Grifetto 60, 6/8 Full Hollow, Round Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Umbrian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • After Shave: RazorGuy Bay Rum

Razor: Rocket Parat
Blade: Gillette Française Traitée Nouvelle Technique V-2 1975@2
Cream: Rose of Bulgaria (TBH I don't like that cream, the rose scent is way too chimical for my nose and the lather lack of cushioning)
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum aka The Napalm (as I said several times, this stuff burn even on unshaved faces)

DFS+, no blood, ATG a bit rough on the side area.

img_1818.jpg

3P preshave
Whipped Dog High Mountain Badger
Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore Firenze
Fatip Grande
Lab Blue (2)
Figaro Gold aftershave

Nice shave. The Fatip should not be feared, drama free shave and this Razorock soap is really nice. Just a small menthol tingle and a really nice scent.

Preshave: Proraso Green
Razor: Parker 91R
Blade: Wilkinson sword classic
Brush: Omega 10065
Soap: Soap Commander Vision
Splash: Proraso Green

Vison is good but I like more kick with my cool scents. For the next few months proraso preshave is going to get loads of use.

Proraso pre
Valobra Fougere
Semogue 1305
Muhle R41 (2013)
UFO TiTan handle
Gillette Yellow blade
Myrsol F
Gameface
Creed OV

Nice looking shave @possumbelly. How's the Valobra Fougere? I have their Patchouli and love it - unashamedly "soapy" fragrance with just the right amount of patchouli. Lovely handle you've got yourself there too - it deserves a real razor to sit on the end of it :p And tell us about the Creed OV please? Happy shaves - Draco

20151005_091912_zpsxagobx8o.jpg

SOTD Monday 5/10/2015
Cold water shave
Soap: Shaver Heaven, Desperado http://shaverheaven.com.au/desperado/
Brush: Edwin Jagger badger
Razor: Dovo Stainless Steel 5/8

After last night's Grand Final win by the mighty NQ Cowboys I got into celebratory mode by using that leather scent of Desperado this morning. As if I was teleported directly into the dressing sheds belting out the unofficial team song, "Give Your Love To A Cowboy Man". All Shaver Heaven soaps are great performers. Thick lather, provides a smooth/slick shave and retains moisture until the end of each pass.

Used a Dovo Stainless Steel 5/8 this morning. Sharp, close and loving using the Western style straights again

Status
Not open for further replies.