Status
Not open for further replies.
Brush: Ploccitane
Soap: De Vergule Hand Scheerzeep
Razor: Kirby Beard
Blade: Vintage Wilkinson [1]
After-shave: Aqua Velva Ice Blue

Wonderful soap the De Vergule.
The AV is a classic, but I simply detest the reducer the plastic bottle has- far too large and pointless. Too much comes out and it dribbles down the side.

What do you think of the Cologne Russe ?
Am glad another tub made it into Australia before selling out though :)
That Thater is probably the baby version of what I one day will purchase from them.

I am still a bit undecided on the Cologne Russe. It is an interesting smell but I'm still trying to figure it out and have nothing even similar to compare it to.
Thater make excellent brushes and this one has very soft tips and decent backbone so I think you would be pleased with a larger size.

20151106_SOTDSTexEnh_zpsrpmjpr1r.jpg

Pre-Shave: Occams pre-shave soap, cold water
Razor: Wolfman WR1-SB with WRH2
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Brush: Whipped Dog 24mm Synthetic
Lather: Mystic Waters Jeff's Lavender
Post-shave: Alum, Stirling Vetiver alcohol free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Time to get the big guns out and see what this soap is really made off - actually this is officially the smallest brush in my den at the moment - but of course it is huge in turn lather production. So let's cut to the chase - I really apologize for this crappy phone picture, but I swear this is how my brush looked after the first pass face lathering - I didn't cheat in any way! And I re-name this soap: FLYING GELATO :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

20151106_WDSynth_MWS_zpsnrjy33n2.jpg

Seriously great shave is all I can say and apart from the Mini Me growing and growing on my chin my face feels like a million dollars! I thought it would take some time, but the number 1 spot in my soap rotation is in serious danger!

Any thoughts on the Gillette Delta Echo slim...black and bronze...?
Anyone have one and like or dislike?
About to order one....$99 + $26 delivery from USA...new from site.

Any thoughts on the Gillette Delta Echo slim...black and bronze...?.......

Hello @Jansy. As I probably haven't said hello I thought I'd start off with one. Other than that I can't be of any use as I have no idea what the Gillette Delta Echo is.

Anyhow BOT:
New puck of MWF-I'd forgotten how much I like this.
One of my early reknot brushes-Ugly as hell but works beautifully.
The old trusted bakelite 7'Oclock razor-Still haven't found anything that beats it so I've given up trying.
Vintage Aussie Gillette blade on No1.

Great shave. Would love to put up a picture of my gear but I haven't tried this for ages and from what I've read it's not a matter of downloading it from your device anymore which is just about the limit of my IT skills. Just trust me when I say it's all very workmanlike and extremely plastic fantastic.

MWF is a great soap. Now I know why it was that my first puck of the stuff was used straight up without pause. It's a very hard puck but just wet the brush, shake out the excess, wriggle it on top of the puck until it starts to drag and the sound drops in pitch and you've got enough soap for four passes. Take it to your wetted face and off you go. Works with any soap I've ever tried including a bar of hand soap when I've forgotten to pack a shaving soap.

Last edited:
@borked I have about 2 of these blades. Are they worth stocking up on compared to the modern PSI blades which I already have quite a few of.
Sure I answered this before, yet my personal opinion is answered by the fact I've a thousand or more of them :)

Hmmm, you must have skipped yesterday's SOTD with the straight... [emoji38]
Selectively ignored more like it ;)

Brush: Ploccitane
Soap: De Vergule Hand Scheerzeep
Razor: Kirby Beard
Blade: Vintage Wilkinson [1]
After-shave: Aqua Velva Ice Blue

Wonderful soap the De Vergule.
The AV is a classic, but I simply detest the reducer the plastic bottle has- far too large and pointless. Too much comes out and it dribbles down the side.
Yet note it didn't last long and straight back to the DE's :)
Onya mate.

I am still a bit undecided on the Cologne Russe. It is an interesting smell but I'm still trying to figure it out and have nothing even similar to compare it to.
Thater make excellent brushes and this one has very soft tips and decent backbone so I think you would be pleased with a larger size.
If you decide to move it on after giving it several uses, let me know first, ok ?
Love my Thater, just wish it was bigger.

Any thoughts on the Gillette Delta Echo slim...black and bronze...?
Anyone have one and like or dislike?
About to order one....$99 + $26 delivery from USA...new from site.
See my reply in aforementioned thread :)

K
20151107_081230_zpsmneqkyuc.jpg

SOTD Saturday, November 7

Cold water shave
Preshave: Bloom water
Soap: Shaver Heaven, Vetiver and Neroli
Brush: Edwin Jagger badger
Face lather
Razor: Inoue Fujisuke kamisori

My wife commented on the lovely scent of this soap. Enjoy the vetiver but I find the neroli scent "holds back" the strong, earthy vetiver. Performed well as all Shaver Heaven soaps do. @Anthony has nailed the formulae for his base.

The kami performed well. Probably not as close as I would like but first time I had used it for a couple of weeks and things will improve as my daily rotation gets going again.

Cold River Soap Works, Semogue, Feather, Captain's Choice

Lovely scent on the Bergamot and Bay... Will be hard to give it back to @Mark1966... It's sort of a subtle bay rum, very mellow and blended perfectly. No one note dominates, but rather there is a harmonious warmth to it. Delightful.

The performance on the CRSW is second to none. Seriously. It's on par with B&M tallow.

So a fantastic shave. No irritation whatsoever, and the B&B paired beautifully with the CC Lime.

The AS-D2 was, as usual, flawless. Worth every dollar.

Hadn't used the little Smoggie in ages. It's excellent and deserves more love on my rotation. I'm glad I reminded myself how much I like it.

Last edited:
Cold River Soap Works, Semogue, Feather, Captain's Choice

Lovely scent on the Bergamot and Bay... Will be hard to give it back to @Mark1966... It's sort of a subtle bay rum, very mellow and blended perfectly. No one note dominates, but rather there is a harmonious warmth to it. Delightful.

The performance on the CRSW is second to none. Seriously. It's on par with B&M tallow.

So a fantastic shave. No irritation whatsoever, and the B&B paired beautifully with the CC Lime.

The AS-D2 was, as usual, flawless. Worth every dollar.

Hadn't used the little Smoggie in ages. It's excellent and deserves more love on my rotation. I'm glad I reminded myself how much I like it.
Sounds like a delightful shave. Certainly a excellent collection of quality shave goods there. [emoji106]

Reactions: MrT
Status
Not open for further replies.