Shave of the Day 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think @Pjotr uses his for this area

I think I like the sounds of this @Pjotr character the more I her of him. Using the ABC, favouring a bakelite, need only hear that he neatens a plastic shave with the ABC and I'm sold on him!

620. She's a beauty.

You've got great taste, @MrT. The 620 is a little ripper.
Yep a 620 is definitely my next brush - will trade in one or two of my current brushes for it. Actually just sold my Duke 2 yesterday....maybe that would fund it :whistle:
...even better does anyone want to trade a 620 for my Omega 31025 'Scarlatti' (that's also currently for sale/trade)? :LOL:

Reactions: MrT
R41 Personna (5)
Straw Broom (hopefully last use!)
Dr Jons Classic
Jermyn St

Dr Jons is great. This was the first time I've tried three passes with the R41, the Classic just had such smooth results. The Personna is a ripper too.

Hopefully meet up with my Simmo Case today in Pure. It'l be interesting to see how the pure compares to the Berkeley in best that most of us have had a fling with. I found the best very very soft, and being used to the omega cheapy travel brush aka - straw broom - I'm hoping the pure has a bit more bite to it.

Yep a 620 is definitely my next brush - will trade in one or two of my current brushes for it. Actually just sold my Duke 2 yesterday....maybe that would fund it :whistle:
...even better does anyone want to trade a 620 for my Omega 31025 'Scarlatti' (that's also currently for sale/trade)? :LOL:

nodeal.jpg

CRSW Classic Bay Rum
Gillette Slim
Gillette Super Plat (2)
Plisson Synth

Very nice shave - for a multipass shave the Slim kills the 37c, which are the two in-rotation razors at present. I think the CRSW Classic line has a tad more glide that the Original line - doesn't lather quite as well, though they both lather VERY WELL but noticeably more slide to them, which is pretty good for both but the Classic is very good.

Razor: Weber PH
Blade: PolSilver SI [1]
Brush: Plisson
Soap/Cream: Dr Jon's "Anne Bonny" Bay Rum (Thanks @filobiblic)
After-shave: Dickinson's Witch Hazel

Top shave. That Dr Jon's is good stuff. Very easy to load, lather and last. Love the scent - more citrus than I imagined a bay rum would be. First shave with a PolSilver too (thanks @borked). I liked it very much.

Bloody heck, I tell you what if you haven't got a Plisson Synth you'd be feeling very left out around these here parts lately - seems every SOTD post has one featuring prominently in it!

Nice pix too boys!

Bloody heck, I tell you what if you haven't got a Plisson Synth you'd be feeling very left out around these here parts lately - seems every SOTD post has one featuring prominently in it!

Nice pix too boys!
Is why mine is a virgin.
Its time will come when I'm ready.

I went back to a boar for the first time in around 2 weeks today. It felt bad... really bad.
That you neglected your Piggie for such a long time? [emoji14]

I don't have one :(

^^^^ - that was butterscotch!

A bit chubby... just like me!
16511462881_9184bb326b.jpg

Razor: Weber PH
Blade: PolSilver SI [2]
Brush: Chubby 2
Soap/Cream: LPV
After-shave: Dickinson's Witch Hazel + Nivea Sensitive PSB

Wow that Chubby holds a lot of water... Something to get used to. It was lovely to use - soft, plenty of backbone. It felt a little too dense at times, but it hasn't really opened up much yet, so once it really blooms I'm sure it will be in the sweet spot.

Brush: Frank Shaving badger
Soap/Cream: Catie's Bubbles Le Piment de la Vie (Courtesy of @MrT)
Razor: PH Weber
Blade: Personna Super/Blue [3]
After-shave: Jabonman Brisa de Oriente Aftershave milk
Scent: L'Occitane Eau des Bavx

Finally got a chance to try the Caties Bubbles LPV. Smells like L'Occitane's Bavx alright. Very, very similar to Jabonman's "Brisa de Oriente" in scent and performance. Great lather. Better than Jabonman? Hmmmm, close call there.

(Just realised how international the shave was today! Chinese, American, Spanish, French...)

Status
Not open for further replies.