Shave of the Day - 2024

01 September - Shorty Sunday (SR shave No. 1718)
Post-1924 T.R. Cadman "Bengall" Full hollow 6/8 modified to a shorty with edge finished and maintained on diamond pasted balsa.
tJAtmSO.jpg

uTr2Obfl.jpg

Soap: Pb Smokey Lavender
Brush: Paladin
Razor: Boker Mother of Pearl
Lovely shave excepting the just nicked ear lobe. :)
Lovely looking razor. I have two contemporary Bokers and apart from not being shave ready from the factory I have had no issues at all with either. That said I have read many negative views on their modern day offerings.

5NtxYevl.jpg

Soap: Stirling Ben Franklin
Brush: TF 2 Band
Razor: Vestige SS +plate
I was half expecting this to be an exercise in frustration due to the mild plate but still a very enjoyable shave. ++ plate is the sweet spot for me for efficiency but I could still achieve smooth with the + plate with a few more strokes added in the routine. Where this plate could come into play would be if I had been using more aggressive razors and my skin was looking for a rest but I still needed a shave.

SOTD Monday 2 September
  • Razor Gillette Slim Adjustable J4 (5)
  • Blade Feather Hi-Stainless
  • Pre-Shave Tricare Goats Milk
  • Brush Synthetic
  • Cream Palmolive – Coconut Extract
  • Post Shave Thayers Witch Hazel - Unscented
  • Aftershave Brut Splash
  • Balm Nivea – Sensitive Pro - Post Shave Balm

The Morning Shave.
The Feather Hi-Stainless blade was in my 1964 Gillette Slim Adjustable today.

Golfing yesterday so missed my daily shave. Another opportunity to use the Feather blade, I really enjoy the Feather blade with 48 hr growth. So smooth and effortless.
The Gillette Slim Adjustable is a little older than myself, and performs amazingly well.
Still yet to decide this week’s blade choices. I have a few sample blades to choose from.

Fathers' Day Shave from yesterday, in memory of my Dad - a great man.

Uyw7DGs.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Simpson Diamond Jubilee QE II
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat (Tallow)
Razor: English Gillette Aristocrat No 22
Blade: Vintage NOS Wilkinson Sword Light Brigade (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Penhaligon's Bayolia After Shave Lotion
Scent: Floris No 89 EdT

Info here on the brush from the General, @Mark1966.

Simpson Jubilee Brush

02 to 09 September (SR shaves No. 1719 to 1725)
This week I am shaving with a matching seven-day set (M7DS)of Titan ACRO T.H-70 half-hollow ⅞razors with their edges finished and maintained on diamond pasted balsa. The case was custom made of Philippines mahogany by Ferns Finewood Furniture in Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu, Philippines.

For shaving soap, I am again going to try Wholly Kaw "Washington's Blend" face lathered with an Omega "Proraso" boar brush. This is my only puck-type shaving soap (all my others being creams or sticks). Previously this soap has worked favorably for me. Over the week I am going to try and get it to work better and maybe the boar brush will help.

My aftershave is a mix (by volume) of 20% Dickinson's witch hazel and 80% Wahl bay rum.
c3iuEE9.jpg

SOTD Tuesday 3 September

• Razor Gillette British Rocket FlareTip
  • Blade Lord Platinum Super Stainless
  • Pre-Shave Tricare Goats Milk
  • Brush Synthetic
  • Soap Wilkinson Sword - Blue
  • Post Shave Thayers Witch Hazel - Unscented
  • Aftershave Brut Splash
  • Balm Nivea – Sensitive Pro - Post Shave Balm

The Morning Shave.
The Lord Platinum Super Stainless blade was in my Gillette British Rocket FlareTip 1950’s today.

The Lord blade is manufactured in the Middle East. Lord Precision Industries formerly known as Wilkinson Sword Middle East.
This is a very smooth sharp blade. Not too sharp, so fine as a daily shav blade for myself.
Blade feel was effortless. No weepers or any irritation from a full head and face shave.

Still enjoy the fresh citrus scent from the Wilkinson Sword soap, for a supermarket soap it is really very nice.

Pre-shave:- Cool Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Stirling Finest Badger 26/54mm bulb knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ King
Razor/Blade:- Blackland Sabre v2.0 - L2 SS Matted / GEM Personna PTFE Coated #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerine (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Burberry Weekend for Men

Mail called today, can't be bloody bothered taking photo for the 2024 acquisitions thread.
Too early for me to comment on the new Blackland Sabre v2.0 GEM razor... Why? That's @Errol job reviewing new razors on the market.
I need to strangle @Gargravarr for making me break my bank account on the new Blackland Sabre v2.0 GEM razor, IF, I ever fly to Tasmania bloody devil.

Last edited:
BDg6UAS.jpeg
I enjoyed the Red Ring last shave so decided to stay with the vintage DEs a while.
So smooth with the second use Nacet.
@Mycroft47 beautiful set-up (y). I received an Aristocrat Gen 1 on 24/08 and had never used an OC before. I have or have had Rocket HD's, Aristocrats Gen 2, 3 and a Jr #48 (Brit) '48 Aristocrat, Red Tip, Flair tip, Fat boy's and a Slim (USA) and 2-3 SR's, before ''venturing'' into the world of Kamisori ❤️. Since using the Gen 1, and its only been over a week now, I believe I may have found my ''Grail'' razor!! Not sure about your thoughts/views or other Forum members but this is a one heck of a work of art and only 86 years old? :unsure: