Shave of the Day - 2024

WmT5Fw3.jpeg

Tanifuji Fukutarō Ba’Ba 1072 13/16 Hollow - Zenith Manchurian - SV Desert Vetiver - Razorock Lime Wax

27 August (SR shave No. 1713)
Pre-1924 T.R. Cadman (Sheffield) Bengall full hollow ⅝ with the edge finished and maintained on diamond pasted balsa. I have four of these SRs to try and then decide on which three to sell. I need to get some cash in to help replenish my finances after being coerced by @LesC into buying a matching set of six Yamamasa kamisori.
yWX1WMp.jpg

27 August (SR shave No. 1713)
Pre-1924 T.R. Cadman (Sheffield) Bengall full hollow ⅝ with the edge finished and maintained on diamond pasted balsa. I have four of these SRs to try and then decide on which three to sell. I need to get some cash in to help replenish my finances after being coerced by @LesC into buying a matching set of six Yamamasa kamisori.
yWX1WMp.jpg

Do you need a rope to get you out of that expense rabbit hole your in? :giggle:

PXL-20240827-064747699.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Valobra Glicerlanolina
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow Pony
Soap: Yardley stick
Razor: Atelier Durdan Vestige
Blade: Personna GEM Stainless
Post-shave: TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+ Anthelios Invisible Fluid, Oxford & Cambridge EdC

I'm really pleased that I took this unobtainium Yardley stick with me on this trip, it's been really sublime. That glass jar has preserved the scent almost perfectly.

QDKN3CT.jpg

Tech Tuesday
RAZOR: Gillette W4 ‘51 Tech Walnut Handle-Dyed
BLADE: Gillette Super Blue
BRUSH: Hendrix Classics Awesome Blue 26mm G5C Synthetic
LATHER: D.R. Harris Arlington Shaving Soap

xPayhPy.jpg

Warhol Wednesday
RAZOR: MÜHLE R41GS Bulbous Ebony Wood Handle
BLADE: Personna Lab Blue
BRUSH: TRC Cornflower Blue Resin 28mm Synthetic AK7
LATHER: Boellis Panama 1924 Coffret Shave Soap

SOTD Wednesday 28 August

• Razor Gillette Slim Adjustable (5) J4
  • Blade Gillette Minora Stainless (10)
  • Pre-Shave Tricare Goats Milk
  • Brush Synthetic
  • Cream Gillette Pure
  • Post Shave Thayers Witch Hazel - Unscented
  • Aftershave Brut Splash
  • Balm Nivea – Sensitive Pro - Post Shave Balm

The Morning Shave.
The Gillette Minora Stainless blade was in my 1964 Gillette Slim Adjustable today.

Not much I can keep saying about the Gillette Minora, this blade won’t give up. Shave 10, and still super smooth with no tug or irritation.

I was interested to try the Gillette Pure shaving cream, I picked this up in a discount shop for $3.50 Aus.
The cream has almost no scent, very light floral. I didn’t need much however this cream does need a decent amount of water to create volume, and a couple of minutes whip in the bowl to create a full dense rich lather.
Not sure how this will perform for a face latherer. It is very soft probably suited to sensitive skin.

Overall, a good product, very affordable. If you like unscented creams this should be on your list.

QDKN3CT.jpg

Tech Tuesday
RAZOR: Gillette W4 ‘51 Tech Walnut Handle-Dyed
BLADE: Gillette Super Blue
BRUSH: Hendrix Classics Awesome Blue 26mm G5C Synthetic
LATHER: D.R. Harris Arlington Shaving Soap

xPayhPy.jpg

Warhol Wednesday
RAZOR: MÜHLE R41GS Bulbous Ebony Wood Handle
BLADE: Personna Lab Blue
BRUSH: TRC Cornflower Blue Resin 28mm Synthetic AK7
LATHER: Boellis Panama 1924 Coffret Shave Soap
More lovely pics mate👍

SOTD Wednesday 28 August

• Razor Gillette Slim Adjustable (5) J4
  • Blade Gillette Minora Stainless (10)
  • Pre-Shave Tricare Goats Milk
  • Brush Synthetic
  • Cream Gillette Pure
  • Post Shave Thayers Witch Hazel - Unscented
  • Aftershave Brut Splash
  • Balm Nivea – Sensitive Pro - Post Shave Balm

The Morning Shave.
The Gillette Minora Stainless blade was in my 1964 Gillette Slim Adjustable today.

Not much I can keep saying about the Gillette Minora, this blade won’t give up. Shave 10, and still super smooth with no tug or irritation.

I was interested to try the Gillette Pure shaving cream, I picked this up in a discount shop for $3.50 Aus.
The cream has almost no scent, very light floral. I didn’t need much however this cream does need a decent amount of water to create volume, and a couple of minutes whip in the bowl to create a full dense rich lather.
Not sure how this will perform for a face latherer. It is very soft probably suited to sensitive skin.

Overall, a good product, very affordable. If you like unscented creams this should be on your list.
love the Slim Garry357:love:

PXL-20240827-211558178.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Valobra Glicerlanolina
Brush: Forgotten Art "takayna" shoat
Soap: Yardley stick
Razor: Wolfman WR4
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+ Anthelios Invisible Fluid, Oxford & Cambridge EdC

SOTD – Wed.28AUG2024

SOTD-20240828-setup.png

Shave Result: First shave with my new TroyCraft brush, a beauty from the current Fathers Day special, brush produced a good lather and the knot will get better after a few shaves of "loosening" up. Very happy with the lather performance of the 2024 edition of MWF. The Shield AC2 is a little more aggressive than I normally use but with Proguard blade I achieved a nice smooth & close near BBS, with just a few weepers.

The Gear:​

• Pre Shave: Tri-Care Goats Milk & Glycerine Soap (from ALDI) [A]
  • Brush: TroyCraft “Nebula” with Yaqi 24/48 Plissoft knot [A]
  • Soap: Mitchell’s Wool Fat (MWF), 2024 recipe (Batch 9624)
  • Bowl: Whispers From The Woods [A]
  • Razor: Shield Avenger Ti AC2 & SE handle (49gm with blade; blade gap of 1.15mm and 0.12mm exposure)
  • Blade: Feather AC Proguard, made in Japan (2)
  • Astringent: Jennai Aloe Vera Gel with Witch Hazel & Vitamin E [A]
  • Balm: G&M Australian Creams - Emu Oil MkII [A]
  • After Shave: Poraso Sandalwood (Red) AS Lotion
  • Moisturiser: MooGoo Natural Full Cream - Hydrate [A]
[A] = Australian Product

SOTD – Wed.28AUG2024

SOTD-20240828-setup.png

Shave Result: First shave with my new TroyCraft brush, a beauty from the current Fathers Day special, brush produced a good lather and the knot will get better after a few shaves of "loosening" up. Very happy with the lather performance of the 2024 edition of MWF. The Shield AC2 is a little more aggressive than I normally use but with Proguard blade I achieved a nice smooth & close near BBS, with just a few weepers.

The Gear:​

• Pre Shave: Tri-Care Goats Milk & Glycerine Soap (from ALDI) [A]
  • Brush: TroyCraft “Nebula” with Yaqi 24/48 Plissoft knot [A]
  • Soap: Mitchell’s Wool Fat (MWF), 2024 recipe (Batch 9624)
  • Bowl: Whispers From The Woods [A]
  • Razor: Shield Avenger Ti AC2 & SE handle (49gm with blade; blade gap of 1.15mm and 0.12mm exposure)
  • Blade: Feather AC Proguard, made in Japan (2)
  • Astringent: Jennai Aloe Vera Gel with Witch Hazel & Vitamin E [A]
  • Balm: G&M Australian Creams - Emu Oil MkII [A]
  • After Shave: Poraso Sandalwood (Red) AS Lotion
  • Moisturiser: MooGoo Natural Full Cream - Hydrate [A]
[A] = Australian Product
Brilliant post mate. Great info on picture.

Jlrjkhf.jpg

Wednesday Shave 01.03.24
RAZOR: Charcoal Goods Everyday Brass
BLADE: Perma-Sharp Super
BRUSH: Heritage Erskine 150 26mm Black/Butterscotch
LATHER: Penhaligon's London Blenheim Bouquet (vintage)bronze
I hope you lock your bedroom door at night with all those brushes around. Hate to think what would happen if they came to life 🤣

28/08/24 Wednesday Evening​
  • Razor Gillette Fat Handle Tech(British)​
  • Blade Vidyut Super-Max Platinum(India)
  • Pre-Shave Hot Shower
  • Brush B&B Synthetic
  • Soap Proraso E/M
  • Aftershave Proraso E/M
Great shave tonight from the Gillette fat handled tech the razor is circa 1940 and once widely available, it has more weight to it than the US fat handle tech.
Which gives the razor more balanced feel in the hand. (Gb 51g) (US 47g) with noticeable more head weight on my skin.
The super Max platinum blades purchased online about 15 years ago gave a good shave with little effort 1 pass WTG 1 ATG Finished.
I found the Proraso eucalyptus menthol soap left my skin feeling really refreshed.
I think the Proraso eucalyptus menthol Aftershave was a bit of an overkill.
As the feeling of freshness a bit long.
All I know its a great combination.

Cheers all.
IMG-8489.jpg