Status
Not open for further replies.
20161005_SOTDS_zps4ssyefq3.jpg

Pre-Shave: Cyprusian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor: ATT S-1 Colossus
Blade: Ladas (4)
Brush: Nathan Clark Envy White
Soap: Mystic Water Lime
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

After the last disaster shave, I went back to the true and tested setup. My face was still not fully healed, but the S1 is mild enough, not to cause any problems. A silky smooth and truly enjoyable shave - the stellar Mystic Water lather (picture here) did certainly help. I hope you all have great shaves as well (y)

20161005_SOTDS_zps4ssyefq3.jpg

Pre-Shave: Cyprusian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor: ATT S-1 Colossus
Blade: Ladas (4)
Brush: Nathan Clark Envy White
Soap: Mystic Water Lime
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

After the last disaster shave, I went back to the true and tested setup. My face was still not fully healed, but the S1 is mild enough, not to cause any problems. A silky smooth and truly enjoyable shave - the stellar Mystic Water lather (picture here) did certainly help. I hope you all have great shaves as well (y)

That is a bloody nice brush

"Another day, a whole 'nother set of possibilities."

MacGyver

50222c4a76b79fb110d621ee53794862.jpg
pre shave: face scrub and olive oil soap with hot towel.
Razor: beaujeu Dumontel siana.
Brush: unnamed badger
Soap: d r Harris Arlington
Post shave: Proraso green aftershave.

First time using the d r Harris. Was fantastic. Nice smooth shave, lather was not as thirsty as the Proraso red and smell is very pleasant.

MacGyver

30124850615_f72dba2e55.jpg

Pre-Shave:
Shower + Proraso Green preshave
Razor: Gillette British Aristocrat Open Comb No 15 (late 1930s)
Blade: Permasharp (2)
Soap/Cream: Il Coloniali
Brush: Vulfix
After shave : Proraso Green / TSW

Super smooth shave from the vintage Open Comb Aristocrat. Light and refreshing with the Proraso... perfect for a beautiful Sydney Spring Day...
Have great shaves today gents (y)
A beautiful shave! The #15 is one of my favourite Gillette razors - I love a good OC.

Top pic too. [emoji106]

50222c4a76b79fb110d621ee53794862.jpg
pre shave: face scrub and olive oil soap with hot towel.
Razor: beaujeu Dumontel siana.
Brush: unnamed badger
Soap: d r Harris Arlington
Post shave: Proraso green aftershave.

First time using the d r Harris. Was fantastic. Nice smooth shave, lather was not as thirsty as the Proraso red and smell is very pleasant.
The DR Harris is a decent puck of soap. Great looking shave!

I see the trusty styptic pencil there... [emoji6]

Pre: Top Seven emulsion
Brush: Shavemac 177
Soap: Mystic Waters Vetiver Oakmoss
Razor: HG Razor Custom kamisori
Post: alum, Stirling Vetiver witch hazel , Eufros Jabonman Vetiver Haiti

Fantastic lather delivered by Mystic Waters. Lovely lovely shave today. Proud that I didn't nicked myself at all today. Very smooth and comfortable shave.

3R1MAtN.jpg

Pre: La Toja
Brush: Simpson CH1 SB
Razor: Progress
Blade: Polsilver SI
Soap: Strop Shoppe - Baker St
After:Balm
Splash: Barristers Reserve - Spice

A nice Thursday shave. The Reserve Red very much a mimic of the 'old' Old Spice.

Razor: Vintage Gillette NEW head on 'Bren' SS Handle
Blade: Vintage NOS English Wilkie (5)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch distressed Culmak reknotted with TGN finest
Soap/Cream: P&B Spitfire
Aftershave: Stirling Sharp Stirling Gentleman

I think one of my favourite joys of this caper is when you grab a soap you haven't used for a little while, unscrew the lid and get that rush of scent that powerfully and evocatively takes you away from a work morning in the bathroom to another place altogether, a place which is filled with positive memories of great shaves past.

Then you lather up and with the great soaps those memories change and swirl around as the layers of the scent come out and by the time you apply the rich, creamy lather to your face you are transported and the world is a better place. Thanks @Kerry@Phoenix&Beau for an amazing journey this morning ...

Finished off nicely with the Stirling Gentleman, a wonderful start to the day.

Pre-Shave: Shower
Razor: Edwin Jagger Kelvin
Blade: Polsilver SI (6)
Brush: Maggard Razors 22mm
Soap/Cream: Crown King - Steeplechase Sport
A/S: Nivea Men Original After Shave Splash
ASB: Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm
Cologne: Boss Bottled Intense
Post-Routine: hot rinse, alum, cold rinse, splash, dry skin, balm, cologne

The more and more I use Crown King soaps the more I love their high butter formula. Slick, very cushioning and my skin feels great after that.

@filobiblic, how do you find Local gent Shaving Co soaps in general? It has clay as one of the ingredients - does it have a distinctive clay smell?

No clay smell. The scent of the soap is medium strength, but not scent of tallow or clay.

This was my first go with a Local Gent soap. So it's hard to talk about how I find them in general. [emoji5]

A beautiful shave! The #15 is one of my favourite Gillette razors - I love a good OC.

Top pic too. [emoji106]

The DR Harris is a decent puck of soap. Great looking shave!

I see the trusty styptic pencil there... [emoji6]

Yeah it comes in handy when I make a 3rd pass as my skin gets a bit prone to bleeders by then.

MacGyver

Status
Not open for further replies.