Razor: Merkur Heavy Classic 34С
Blade: Polsilver SI (1)
Brush: The Stray Whisker "452" Synthetic Brush - 28mm
Soap/Cream: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements - Al Fin
ASB: The Stray Whisker After Balm
Cologne: Chrome by Azzaro
Post-Routine: hot rinse, alum, cold rinse, balm, cologne

Another excellent shave this morning.

TSW brush is huge and requires large tins and bowls. Very soft. Almost like Mühle Silvertip Fibre V2.0. Need to try with very hard soap like MWF to how it goes. But it should be fine I guess. I has no issues with MWF and Mühle.

This PAA soap is probably as good as Crown King soaps - same high butter formula except coconut butter. Very easy to lather, smooth and slick. My skin feels great. And the scent is fantastic.

- Superspeed 1953
- Super Blue Blade T-4 1973
- Proraso Sandalwood Pre-shave cream
- Erasmic Shaving Soap
- Vintage Aqua Velva Ice Blue

This Super Blue Blade was as sharp as the day it left the factory (I suppose), I got a very close & comfortable 3 pass shave.

d3OgJtc.jpg

kuZ73JQ.jpg

SOTD (3/10/2016)

Pre: Hot shower/Clinique Face Soap
Razor: iKon X3
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock Sharp Edge Yellow Pack (3rd use)
Brush: Semogue 610
Soap/Cream: Old Spice
AS: Thayer’s Cucumber/Williams Aqua Velva AS
Balm: Lucky Tiger Disappearing AS Cream
Fragrance: Cool Water EDT

Ordered the Old Spice shave cream from India, it wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t anything special either. Would I buy it again? No.

Still that unscented generic cream or did they brought back the spice scent?

Razor: Vintage Gillette NEW head on 'Bren' SS Handle
Blade: Vintage NOS English Wilkie (6)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: Saponificio Varesino - 70th Anniversary "Settantesimo" Shave Soap
Aftershave: Saponificio Varesino - 70th Anniversary "Settantesimo" Aftershave

Lovely start to a nice looking day ...

Sword: Schick I-Type
Suds: Gent's V9 / Omega S
Salve: Dickinson's Witch Hazel / Lucky Tiger Aspen

Lots of fun to shave with this new soap. The trick is to make sure it is fully saturated with water which is difficult to do as it takes so much. I lathered in a bowl which seems to suit this soap better than using my palm.

The post-shave is definitely more drying than I'm accustomed to and two others that have used the soap have said the same. Having said that, it's not an unpleasant sensation and the lanolin in particular seems to mitigate it.

It's some hours now since I shaved and my face is still very very smooth indeed.

Nice shave man, I love the Stirling barbershop - the splash endures for hours after the shave particularly when you use the balm too
Thanks mate. Got a bit of burn from the Splash today (first time using their splash). It died down when I put the balm on, but will have to see how it goes (or add some menthol crystals).

20161007_SOTDSVigRedPia_zps5ozwlmc6.jpg

Pre-Shave: Cyprusian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor: ATT S-1 Colossus
Blade: Ladas (2)
Brush: Paladin Chief
Soap: Mike's Lime
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Wonderful shave today with sensational Mike's lather (picture here) - I hope you all have a fantastic Friday (y)

Thanks mate. Got a bit of burn from the Splash today (first time using their splash). It died down when I put the balm on, but will have to see how it goes (or add some menthol crystals).

That's interesting, I have fairly sensitive skin and tend to get a bit of burn from the balms funnily enough. I put the balm on before the splash, I may try it in reverse and see how that pans out.

Pro Prasso Red - Chubby 2 Best - Shaver Heaven Absolution - Parker 567 - Myrsol Antisol - PAA Amber

BOOM!

Is it possible this Chubby just keeps getting better (softer). No hooked tips like the Shavemac but pretty close in softness.
Love your work @Anthony! Lovely lather explosion today.
Extra stropping (close to 100 laps) is really making a for a smooth edge! I thought it was good before.
Amber - I think you are okay but the Mrs goes all gaga when you are around so you are being moved to the top shelf!​

Pro Prasso Red - Chubby 2 Best - Shaver Heaven Absolution - Parker 567 - Myrsol Antisol - PAA Amber

BOOM!

Is it possible this Chubby just keeps getting better (softer). No hooked tips like the Shavemac but pretty close in softness.
Love your work @Anthony! Lovely lather explosion today.
Extra stropping (close to 100 laps) is really making a for a smooth edge! I thought it was good before.
Amber - I think you are okay but the Mrs goes all gaga when you are around so you are being moved to the top shelf!​
Nice one @Sxot !!
How would you describe the PAA Amber scent?

Status
Not open for further replies.