Shave of the Day Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
75adc5180277c6522e8b33393a384948.jpg

Sword: Schick I-Type ~ Personna Injector
Suds: Tabac ~ Omega S
Salve: Dickinson's Witch Hazel ~ Floid The Genuine

I'm really enjoying this bowl lathering caper, getting big juicy clouds of marshmallowy cream to play with! I do need a better bowl though. The Tabac made for a nice clean two-pass shave. The Schick performed effortlessly even though this was probably the tenth shave on the blade. Nineteen-fifties engineering folks. The only thing that could top off such a classic shave, tonight at least, was a loving palmful of Floid.

It doesn't get any better than this!

Razor: Vintage Gillette NEW head on 'Bren' SS Handle
Blade: Vintage NOS English Wilkie (7)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson AS2
Soap/Cream: B&M Cologne Russe Shave Soap
Aftershave: B&M Cologne Russe Aftershave

Hmmm, sweet....

Just the way to start the day for my last Constitutional Law lecture/seminar. Just the assignment to finish off this weekend and then the 50% take home exam next weekend :eek:

I'm glad I've got enough (?) of these vintage blades for when I get older and (more) senile. Changing blades once a week I think I should be able to manage.

Pre-Shave: Musgo Real Glyce
Brush: Thater 4125/3 - 2 Band
Soap: Mystic Waters Maestrale
Razor: iKon Tech
Blade: Polsilver Stainless (3)
After-shave: Alt-Innsbruck

A perfect shave. The Tech really is fantastic if, like me your beard demands an aggressive razor. You really need to dial in the steep angle, but then a light touch gives a magnificent shave. I had 48 hours of growth and it mowed it down to DFS in one pass. 3 passes gave that BBS that leaves my skin tingling and me facetabating all day. The only down side to this shave is that I know I won't need to shave for at least 36 hours (and then it will be pushing it).

Tuesday's shave:

Pre: Shower, Proraso Green Pre/Post
Soap: MWF
Brush: Omega Boar
Blade: Rapira Chrome (3)
Razor: iKon X3

Thursday's shave:

Soap: MWF
Blade: Rapira Sweedish Supersteel (1)

Today's Shave:

Soap: Proraso Green
Blade: Rapira Sweedish Supersteel (2)

Yesterday's shave

Pre: Top Seven emulsion
Brush: Wolfwhiskers Envy White Supreme
Soap: Mystic Waters Bay Rum
Razor: HG Razor Custom kamisori
Post: alum, witch hazel, TSW After Balm, Ogallala Sage and Cedar

Amazing lather today, although it's not as good looking as the ones @alfredus post. Doesn't quite smell like a bay rum in all honesty, but performance is good. Another great shave delivered by the Kamisori. Many thanks @gregg for crafting this for me. Absolute masterpiece.

Full_Size_Render_4.jpg

Pre - Hot towel
Brush - Semogue 620
Soap - Henri et Victoria, Cognac & Cuban Cigars
Razor - Merkur 34c
Blade - Bolzano Superinox (1)
Post Shave - Alum, Witch Hazel

First shave with the Henri et Victoria this morning, using a sample from the kind @J.Mac . I did like the scent a lot, but couldn’t get the lather quite how I like it. It was probably due to operator error though.
A good shave all the same!

Razor: Fatboy E1 (5)
Blade: Vintage NOS English Wilkie (3)
Brush: Plissitane
Soap/Cream: Caties Bubble 'Pomander' (sample)
Aftershave: nil

Nice scent out of the Pomander, oranges/citrus with a clovey/bay background. Performance was very good but the normal 'sample' loading issue is again present. No irritation from the scenting either.

First shave with the Henri et Victoria this morning, using a sample from the kind @J.Mac . I did like the scent a lot, but couldn’t get the lather quite how I like it. It was probably due to operator error though.
A good shave all the same!

It's usually to do with the loading onto the brush from a sample. Very hard to get right I am afraid. Usually it is faaaaaar better when you use the real product. HEV is amazing stuff, I have The Shaving Shop's 'Savoy' which is produced by him. It's right up there with the best of B&M, SH & Caties. Just buy it, you will not be disappointed.

Date: 08 October 2016

Pre-Shave: - Shower & Musgo Real Classic Scent Pre-Shave Oil Soap
Brush: - Semogue SOC 2 Band Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm
Lather: - Haslinger Schafmilch Sheep Milk & Lanolin (very similar to MWF)
Razor: - Fatip with The Stray Whisker "Howitzer" Handle
Blade: - German Wilkinson Sword #4
Post Shave: - Alum Block / Nivea Sensitive Aftershave Splash & Post Shave Balm
Fragrance: - Hugo Boss (Original) EDT

Dovo%20Inox%205_8%20Pearlex%20scales_zpsh2oeamzx.jpg~original

Cold water shave
Brush: EJ badger
Soap: Shaver Heaven Aladdin
Bowl lather
Blade: Dovo Inox 5/8 in Pearlex scales

10:30am shave today; mid morning shaves are great after some pottering around and a few coffees which brings up another issue. The boiler died on the Rancilio yesterday morning so I'm drinking plunger coffee this week. The Aladdin has great spicey aroma which fills the ensuite and bedroom. A good lather, bowl lathering this morning instead of the usual face lather, so good I reckon I'll try it again tomorrow morning. Close and smooth shave with one small nick on the chin which stopped with a bit of alum. Great shave.

I am so disappointed with straight razor shaving :)

I've been wet shaving for in excess of 45 years but only with a straight in my twilight years. It has taken a bit of practice and a few initial dud shaves but now the results far surpass any razor system I have used. Normally after 24 hours I have a good growth if I have used a safety razor with 3 passes but with a straight I'm not in need of a shave for at least 36 hours with 2 passes. From my subject sample of one nothing compares to the finished product of a well executed straight shave.

2 pass DFS++
Brush, soap and great lather
Japanese straight. This has the thinest blade of all of my razors and it can be honed to an insane level of shave ready.
Macadamia oil with Lemon myrtle to finish.

It suddenly dawned on me that this is an abbreviation of Mitchell's Wool Fat. I have been seeing it for years without working it out :LOL:

hahaha.
I personally try very hard not to abbreviate words for that reason. Imagine how the non seasoned casual observer thinks when they read all these abbreviations. :D
Haha, it also cracks me up when people just call it "The Fat" :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.