Aftershave: Myrsol Don Miguel 1919

XEnKxsj.jpg

Occam's Original Pre Shave Soap
St James of London 28mm Silvertip
Above the Tie Colossus R1
Barrister & Mann - Beaudelaire
Geo F Trumper - Sandalwood Skin Food
Barrister & Mann - Beaudelaire Aftershave Splash

A nice spicy, exotic scent for a cold day. Fantastic two pass as per usual. A little GFT for skin protection prior to the splash.​

XEnKxsj.jpg

A nice spicy, exotic scent for a cold day. Fantastic two pass as per usual. A little GFT for skin protection prior to the splash.​

Nice looking start to the day - classy.

How is the SJOL going? They look like a really nice brush and at a great price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice looking start to the day - classy.

How is the SJOL going? They look like a really nice brush and at a great price.

I really like what Will achieved with the Beaudelaire, it's a deep and complex fragrance. The SJOL is going very well, in the weeks that I have had it I have only lost 1 hair and it just keeps on performing. The badger 'mank' lasted a week or 3 but after that once the brush had bloomed properly the softness of the Silvertip really became apparent. For the price point I am very, very happy with the purchase. I was looking on TSW and I saw a violet LE SJOL 28mm brush (Similar to a Persian Jar) that is now out of stock - that is one of my next acquisitions once I locate one.

XEnKxsj.jpg

Great shave mate

Pre: Musgo Real Glyce Soap
Razor: iKon DLC Slant Bamboo Handle
Blade: Polsilevr Stainless (1)
Brush: WolfWhiskers with Envy White 26mm knot
Soap: Mystic Waters Adirondack Jack
Aftershave: Floid Suave

Lovely shave. The Envy White knot is so impressive. The Mystic Waters is a top performer, although I'm not sure about this scent. It seems barely there at all.

Pre: Musgo Real Glyce Soap
Razor: iKon DLC Slant Bamboo Handle
Blade: Polsilevr Stainless (1)
Brush: WolfWhiskers with Envy White 26mm knot
Soap: Mystic Waters Adirondack Jack
Aftershave: Floid Suave

Lovely shave. The Envy White knot is so impressive. The Mystic Waters is a top performer, although I'm not sure about this scent. It seems barely there at all.
Great shave
Interesting comment about the MW soap - I have ordered it but wasn't sure what to make of the description from the website..."It’s a masculine scent but more understated than either Marrakesh or Cedar & Sage, with less patchouli." I guess if its subtle...at least it lets the Reserve Spice be the hero of the shave!! ;)

iqhVwaj.gif

Date: 12 October 2016

Pre-Shave: - Musgo Real Classic Scent Pre-Shave Oil Soap
Brush: - Semogue SOC 2 Band Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm
Lather: - Haslinger Schafmilch Sheep Milk & Lanolin (very similar to MWF)
Razor: - Merkur 25C OC with a Weber Razor Classic Handl
Blade: - Ladas Super Stainless #2
Post Shave: - Alum Block / Nivea Sensitive Aftershave Splash & Post Shave Balm
Fragrance: - Hugo Boss (Original) EDT

Last edited:
I think you will find this issue with every half blade shavette (I certainly did) - the short width results in big impact even with a slight change in angle...

TBH it think its the fact the back spacer on the non pivot end of the scales looks be solid stainless steel, therefore any movement is then accentuated by that weight.

5f5247a4b6073b450d720d19cd4b9eb8.jpg

Took the Hoshi Tombo back to the JNat and ran it around some more. I then ventured where I hadn't been game before and did 30 laps under running water. It was super sticky!! Result was a slight improvement in shave quality, not that it was lacking before! Certainly not harsh, or over honed so that is something!

It is certainly a nice brush. Funny thing is, dry rubbed on your palm feels like it would be rough but it's not. In use it's super soft. The tips are still splitting, hooking etc so it just keeps getting softer.

@Sxot the photo shows that I can see some of the tips are starting to curl like "gel" tips ;) and yes it will be nice and soft as a baby bare bum :p:D

@Sxot the photo shows that I can see some of the tips are starting to curl like "gel" tips ;) and yes it will be nice and soft as a baby bare bum :p:D

Now I see where you are going with that analogy but see, I have three kids so the though of a bare bum only conjurers up much unpleasantness and something I would like very much to keep away from my face.

It is certainly a nice brush. Funny thing is, dry rubbed on your palm feels like it would be rough but it's not. In use it's super soft. The tips are still splitting, hooking etc so it just keeps getting softer.
Classic feel of hook/gel tips. Common with Shavemacs but some other brushes have them too. My TSW 26mm badger is developing them as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.