Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre: Top Seven emulsion
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac Custom
Soap: Mystic Waters Vetiver Oakmoss
Razor: ATT S1
Blade: Vintage Polsilver
Post: alum, witch hazel, TSW After Balm, Myrsol Plastic Shave

Mystic water sure whips out an amazing lather. It's like I somehow managed to reverse the soap back go it's tallow form. Amazing amazing. Been using the kami for three weeks or so now, upon swapping back to safety razors, I felt that there is definitely room for both safety razors and kamisori for me. [emoji4]

iqhVwaj.gif

Date: 22 October 2016

Brush: - Semogue SOC 2 Band Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm
Lather: - Haslinger Schafmilch Sheep Milk & Lanolin (very similar to MWF)
Razor: - Fatip OC with a The Stray Whisker Howitzer Handle
Blade: - Astra Superior Platinum #2
Post Shave: - T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent / Nivea Sensitive Aftershave Splash & Post Shave Balm
Fragrance: - Hugo Boss (Original) EDT

I agree on the Mongoose - Ive really tried to like it - used it about ten times with different blades - just doesn't "click"! Tried my Gem 1912 today - much nicer!

Weird about the Mongoose. I tried hard today with good prep and soap, and lots of time. No rushing. Probably my 5th attempt. I too love the GEM 1912 and OCMM. Also a big fan of "aggressive" razors generally. Might just give up on it now

From what I've read the Mongoose only likes certain blades...

Weird about the Mongoose. I tried hard today with good prep and soap, and lots of time. No rushing. Probably my 5th attempt. I too love the GEM 1912 and OCMM. Also a big fan of "aggressive" razors generally. Might just give up on it now
Yeah me too - tried Feather AC Pro and Super Pro blades. Don't get me wrong, its not terrible - can get a close and smooth shave - just seems to lack the "soul" of the GEMs if that makes sense! I think a lot of reviews were posted by DE users who maybe hadn't used a lot of SE razors.

Razor: Weber Polished Head on Bulldog Handle
Blade: Vintage NOS English Wilkie (6)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson AS2
Soap/Cream: Shaver Heaven Lilith
Aftershave: B&M Kyovu
Cologne: Miller Harris Feuilles de tabac

Board training day in Sydney - up and back. Have to look my 'best' as it is being videoed :eek:

Better go and learn what I will be speaking on ...

Good luck with the Board training.
How's the vintage Wilkie going?

What is it about the Mongoose?

I usually get some irritation on my neck and the shave is not that smooth. I've only used the Feather Pro blades so far. Feels like it's actually not sharp or aggressive enough.

My experience with the Feather Artist Club shavette suggests I need the Super Pro Feather blades to get a decent shave. These give more blade exposure as they are slightly wider. Probably should try them next time.

c5480a3adc038dec9350e19b53f070bf.jpg

Brush - Muhle Travel Brush
Soap - Simpson's Peppermint and Rosemary
Razor - Merkur 34c
Blade - Rapira Chrome (3)
Post Shave - TSW After Balm

First day of holiday. :)

Great line-up and a wonderful theme; can almost hear the sound of beers opening and corks popping in the background.

c5480a3adc038dec9350e19b53f070bf.jpg

Brush - Muhle Travel Brush
Soap - Simpson's Peppermint and Rosemary
Razor - Merkur 34c
Blade - Rapira Chrome (3)
Post Shave - TSW After Balm

First day of holiday. :)

Beautiful shot, fantastic composition and a great location. Nice work mate :)

Great line-up and a wonderful theme; can almost hear the sound of beers opening and corks popping in the background.
Cheers @TomG , so happy to get away for a little break.

Beautiful shot, fantastic composition and a great location. Nice work mate :)
Thanks @todras ! I had to take advantage of that scenery, certainly better than my usual background of white tiles.

b3811a2a89d14a46244e9667a2a63e93.jpg

Pre: La Toja soap, Myrsol Antesol and Emulsion
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Super Badger
Soap: PAA Amber
Razor: Vintage Leresche #77
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Silver (2)
Post: Myrsol Antesol, Thayers Super Hazel and Myrsol Emulsion
Cologne: PAA Amber

This was the shave I was expecting last time out. Lots of blade feel, a little razor burn, and several nicks (chin). First time I've had to reach for the alum in several months.
The scent and suds from the PAA Amber were lovely, but the slickness seemed to fade towards the end of each pass.
Wow does this razor give you a close shave.
Whilst not pictured, I applied some Thayers Super Hazel to combat the razor burn.
The Amber aftershave/cologne has a fresh yet intoxicating scent - very nice work from the good folk at PAA.
I'm finding it a steep learning curve to adjust to the Leresche's significant blade exposure, having used the Feather AS-D2 for the previous six months. Nothing like a sharp edge to focus one's attention on technique.

QZYXUHh.jpg

Occam's Crushed Lime Pre Shave soap
Doug Korn D7 TGN Finest
Merkur Progress
Feather Blade
Mystic Water Coconut, Lime & Verbena
L'Occitane Verveine Body Lotion
L'Occitane Verviene EDT

The last of the Coconut, Lime and Verbena from Mystic Waters this morning. Any day now a couple of full size tubs should arrive
to replenish my supply along with a heap more samples. Broke out the Progress for a change, went with the usual 2 pass and the thick, protective
lather from theMystic Water's really came into play. Finished up with a Body Lotion (Cheaper than the shave lotion and far superior in performance)
and the fairly dilute EDT with it's fantastic scent but fairly low concentration. All round a great way to start a lazy Sunday.

Enjoy your shaves Gentlemen! :)

Razor: Vintage Gillette Fatboy (5)
Blade: Vintage NOS English Wilkie (1)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson reknotted in 'pure'
Soap/Cream: Saponificio Varesino - 70th Anniversary "Settantesimo" Shave Soap
Aftershave: Saponificio Varesino - 70th Anniversary "Settantesimo" Aftershave

Wanted a change of razor and decided that the Fatboy needed a run. Anticipating (hoping for?) better weather the SV got a run, great, light spring/summer scent.

Roll on warmer weather!

Status
Not open for further replies.