SOTD
3m0jEEL.jpg

20161023_SOTDS_zpsmo6egjp9.jpg

Pre-Shave: Cypriotian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor: ATT R-1 Kronos
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac
Lather: Mystic Water Bergamot, Cedarwood & Juniper
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

A real Sunday shave - I wanted a super close result so I went for my most aggressive DE. I took my time, sipped on my cup of coffee and build some beautiful lather (picture here) with the Shavemac. The shave resulted in 2 weepers, but was extremely close with a fantastic post-shave feel and a silky smooth and happy face - enjoy your Sunday (y)

Very late shave today.

Razorock Wunderbar Slant
Rapira Swedish Supersteel (New)
Custom Shavemac D01 2 Band
Shaver Heaven 1st Anniversary
Myrsol Emulsion

Top shave and the lather was outstanding (photos in the lather thread). Only went 2 passes because I don't like to miss my morning shaves on work days but still got a very close and passable result :D

Rx6okZ8.jpg

Full_Size_Render.jpg

Pre-Shave: Musgo Real Glyce Soap
Brush: Thater 4125/3 2 Band
Soap: Mike's Orange, Cedarwood and Black Pepper
Razor: Gillette Super Adjustable (7)
Blade: Polsilver Stainless (3)
After-shave: Myrsol Antesol

This brush is easily the softest badger I have used. It always puts a smile on my face.

Nice looking brush @Korbz what is it?

It's a Bob Quinn manchurian white knot in a locally made handle. Just done a review here Link to review

How would you describe the scent of the GEA @Korbz ?

Todras - very similar to JPG Le Male pre-reformulation. You get a fresh hit from lavender, mint and something citrus, but it is perfectly balanced by the vanilla, sandalwood and spice middle and base notes.

Sunday 23 October 2016

SOTD-23102016.jpg

Mastro Livi Inox, 8/8 Extra Full Hollow, Irish Point

Yesterday I received a phone call from Mastro Livi and he told me he finished making my straight razor so I could go there and pick up it. I am glad he could make my razor within this week, despite Mastro Livi is very busy in organizing his participation to the Culter Expo in Milan - the most important knife exhibition in Italy - where he will be showing a lot of new razors and products, not to mention a special barbershop where visitors can enjoy a free shave with Mastro Livi razors and brushes as well as the newest Cella shaving products. I will be there of course as this is something I do not want to miss. The latest Mastro Livi razor I added to my collection is a super marvelous shaver. It is made of stainless steel and I wanted the blade to have an Irish point and scales made of amaranth wood as I like its purple color. The razor is a superb shaver and, thanks to the extra full hollow grinding, it gives a super close and smooth shave. I am very happy with this new straight razor Mastro Livi made for me! Simply awesome!​
  • Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: RazorGuy Shaving Soap
  • Brush: Zenith 506 Extra Silvertip Badger, 26 mm knot
  • Bowl: Gerby Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Medium Loom Strop "Coramella Italiana" and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Inox, 8/8 Extra Full Hollow, Irish Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Argan Oil
  • After Shave: Lustray Bay Rum

no7SnXa.jpg

SOTD (22/10/2016)

Pre:
Hot shower/Clinique Face Soap
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock SharpEdge (1st use)
Brush: Semogue 610
Soap/Cream: CC Lime
AS: Thayer’s Lemon/CC Lime
Balm: Jack Black Post Shave Cooling Gel
Fragrance: YSL La Nuit De L'Homme EDT

For me the SharpEdge is more aggressive and unforgiving than the Feather. I like them but any amount of pressure leaves me with major razor burn.

rZFpjOG.jpg

Occcam's Crushed Lime Pre Shave Soap
Doug Korn D7 TGN Finest
Merkur Progress
Feather
Fine American Blend Shave Soap
After Balm
Fine American Blend Aftershave Splash

Razor: Vintage Gillette Fatboy (5)
Blade: Vintage NOS English Wilkie (2)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: Fine Shaving Soap - Platinum
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Co - Executive Man

Last night a bit of a let down. End result was excellent but getting there was a challenge.
Face prep was normal but may have been less than stellar.
Lather seemed good but may not have been.
Straight was definitely shave ready.

Although the lather appeared wet enough I don't think it was as I had blade skipping which is not recommended with a straight. I tried 3 different straights and a Schick injector [busy shave] and all razors performed much the same - quite average. Over the years wet shaving I have experienced this a few times where nothing seems different from the previous shave yet the results are "challenging" to say the least. I'm not known for drinking my standard 8 glasses of water each day so possibly skin dehydration is a consideration. I will make a concerted effort today to drink more water and see if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.