Status
Not open for further replies.
I
Pre: Proraso Green Pre/Post
Razor: iKon X3
Blade: Polsilver Si (6)
Brush: Omega Boar
Soap: Proraso Green

Been absent for a little while. Back with a vengeance now! The Polsilver Si seems to be a very good blade for me.
I thought the GSB's were a nice blade, but with the Polsilver it's like there isn't even a blade in the X3.
Super smooth and really comfortable. Will have to convince Mrs Normie to let me get a thousand (or so) before they disappear...
I simply love the scent of the Proraso green. You can always try to get your hands on some Gillette Minora Platinum blades when the Polsilver blades disappear. For me the Minoras is just a bit sharper IMHO.It does appear though that in fact Polsilvers are no longer in production. http://www.polsilver-blades.com/

@Bles FYI below ;)

The handle list below that does attached to the Fatip Grande & Piccolo:-
iKon OSS Handle 80g
iKon Bulldog Handle 75g
iKon Bamboo Handle 75g
iKon Matte Special Edition Handle 90g
The Stray Whisker Howitzer Handle 80g
Weber Razor Classic Handle 70g

The handle list below that doesn't attached to the Fatip Grande & Piccolo:-
All Maggard Razor Handles
The Stray Whisker Long Tack Sam Handle 95g
Weber Razor Wave Handle 63g
Weber Razor Bulldog Handle 63g
Aaaahhh this is awesome! Thank you so much SpeedyPC.

20161025_SOTDSRain_zpsraichvka.jpg

Pre-Shave: Cypriotian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor: ATT R-1 Colossus
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Brush: Doug Korn Epsilon 2-band
Lather: Stirling Lavender & Bergamot
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Late shave today due to a morning visit from @bald as - thank you for bringing some darkness into my life my friend ;)

Concentrated a lot on my touch and was rewarded with a beautiful silky smooth result - the razor is probably the most aggressive I would want to go - but it is a beautiful shaver. The Stirling lather was superb and looks even better on this beautiful brush (picture here) - I hope you all have a great day (y)

The thing I'm most happy about is that after a week of shaving like this, the irritation on my lower neck has gone. That has always previously been there (for 25 years!) no matter what I did with electrics, disposables etc. I even grew a four month beard once (looked like alfredus' avatar) to see if that would help but it returned with the first shave back. I first noticed on the weekend that my skin in that area looked normal - I can hardly recognise myself!

Wow! Congratulations mate. Such great news to hear. Well done. [emoji106]

Now for more men to "see the light"... [emoji12]

EGNwESil.jpg

Soap: EUFROS by Jabonman Tobacco Premium Tallow

Finally my Tallow soaps from Manuel in Spain have arrived!!!

First shave. Tobacco is a tobacco-vanilla scent and is wonderful. Wow! Glide is definitely improved. Can't fault the soap on its first outing. It really smashes it on all areas: glide, cushion, scent and post-shave.

Knowing that Manuel loves to play homage to quality scents, I wouldn't be surprised if this "Tobacco" is based on Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille... My nose has never smelt the original TF but this is truly a delightful scent. (Probably a bit too much for this warmer weather IMO but I'll enjoy it once it begins to cool down in May/June! [emoji41])

EGNwESil.jpg

First shave. Tobacco is a tobacco-vanilla scent and is wonderful. Wow! Glide is definitely improved. Can't fault the soap on its first outing. It really smashes it on all areas: glide, cushion, scent and post-shave.

Knowing that Manuel loves to play homage to quality scents, I wouldn't be surprised if this "Tobacco" is based on Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille... My nose has never smelt the original TF but this is truly a delightful scent. (Probably a bit too much for this warmer weather IMO but I'll enjoy it once it begins to cool down in May/June! [emoji41])

Here I was getting all jealous and thinking I NEEDED that EUFROS by Jabonman Tobacco Premium Tallow ...

... and then I saw THAT splash! Just by association it impacts me - maybe I don't need that soap at all :)

Here I was getting all jealous and thinking I NEEDED that EUFROS by Jabonman Tobacco Premium Tallow ...

... and then I saw THAT splash! Just by association it impacts me - maybe I don't need that soap at all :)

Now, now... "Guilt by association" isn't a fair play in court so don't play the same game here. [emoji6]

It's not the same but it's the only tobacco-scented post-shave I have.

I've got the Fougere still to try... You'll like that. [emoji38]

EGNwESil.jpg

Is that the The Stray Whisker badger brush?

Sure looks nice in the photo :)

Razor: Vintage Gillette Fatboy (5)
Blade: Vintage NOS English Wilkie (4)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch SimpsonH2 boar
Soap/Cream: Martin de Candre
Aftershave: B&M Barristers Reserve Spice

Nice lather from the MdC as usual - it deserves its reputation.

The scent on the B&M Spice is once again outstanding - I just wish there was more of it over a longer period :( Maybe if I had a bath in it, hmm that would be :cool:

aBLH81k.jpg

Occam's Crushed Lime Pre Shave
Simpson Chubby 1 SB
Above the Tie Colossus R1
Feather
Stirling Piacenza Shave Soap
Stirling Piacenza Post Shave Balm
Stirling Piacenza Post Shave Splash

A cracking mid-week shave, the lather from Stirling is always good and the Palma scent goes head to head with B&M's Saville.

Enjoy your shaves, Gentlemen :)

Razor: Vintage Gillette Fatboy (5)
Blade: Vintage NOS English Wilkie (4)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch SimpsonH2 boar
Soap/Cream: Martin de Candre
Aftershave: B&M Barristers Reserve Spice

Nice lather from the MdC as usual - it deserves its reputation.

The scent on the B&M Spice is once again outstanding - I just wish there was more of it over a longer period :( Maybe if I had a bath in it, hmm that would be :cool:
Aaaaah Martin de Candre!! a Very expensive soap Mark. A few guys here tried to have a group buy but it was still too expensive with our weak Rand:(.

Aaaaah Martin de Candre!! a Very expensive soap Mark. A few guys here tried to have a group buy but it was still too expensive with our weak Rand:(.

Yes, it is but this is not a new tub, had it for a while and picked up on a forum overseas. I've also seen unused tins come up from time to time, just keep your eyes peeled.

Sword: Gem Featherweight
Suds: Gent's V2 ~ Omega S
Salve: Dickinson's Witch Hazel ~ Myrsol Formula C

I'm feeling guilty having shaves this good. Another glorious bowl-lathered 3-passer tonight. The Featherweight I long ago wrote off as being too mild. @bald as knows I love SEs and he's continually said that the Featherweight is a good shaver so I gave her another try. It is mild but I was surprised at how gracefully it sliced the whiskers. I'll be faceturbating well into tomorrow at this rate...

I'm feeling guilty having shaves this good...

Don't - or you will have to join the vast majority of shavers and use carts or an electric :eek:

Forgot to ask, anyone found a good cologne pairing for eastern breeze? (Cardamom).

I pair it with L'Occitane's Baux EdT

Is that the The Stray Whisker badger brush?

Sure looks nice in the photo :)

No. It's a 22mm ShaveMac 2-band.

But they both have gel tips that characteristically clump together.

Here's a photo of comparison with wet tips (TSW on top; SM on bottom).
MMLku0ol.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.