4ELgYhx.jpg

Occams Crush Lime Pre
Doug Korn D7 TGN
ATT Colossus R1
Feather
Stone Cottage Soapworks - Hespéride Shaving Cream
AfterBalm
Barister & Mann - Cologne Russe

Excellent performance again from the new line of creams, this is a nice citrus affair that is very fresh and clean having just a hint of rose and sandalwood. Superb cushion and glide from the cream, it performs far in excess of my expectations & I am glad I picked up a range of their samples. My standard WTG - XTG passes, a bit of clean up then on with the AB followed by the CR to set seal on the proceedings.

A big congratulation accorded to @Mark1966 too, on completion of his tertiary studies :)

iqhVwaj.gif

Date: 30 October 2016

Brush: - Semogue SOC 2 Band Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm
Lather: - Pre De Provence No. 63 Shave Soap
Razor: - Fatip OC with a The Stray Whisker Howitzer Handle
Blade: - Astra Superior Platinum #5
Post Shave: - Alum Block / T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent / Speick Aftershave Splash
Fragrance: - Hugo Boss (Original) EDT

Last edited by a moderator:
Pre: Musgo Real Glyce
Brush: Shavemac Americana D01 3 Band
Soap: Mystic Waters Lemongrass and Blue Gum
Razor: Boker King Cutter 5/6
A/S: Myrsol Agua Limon

This is my 6th shave with a straight and a few nicks today. A DFS but still not as close as my DEs. No idea how to go against the grain on my upper lip and neck. Still lots to learn.

bb5c0d50c7212c8c0029403fc0e097b1.jpg

Brush: Omega 10066
Razor: Weber PH
Blade: Personna Blue
Soap: Jabonman Haitian Vetiver
A/S: Fine Clean Vetiver

Omega brush is breaking in nicely, lathered up the Jabonman with ease.
Nearly finished the Fine Clean Vetiver, great scent but I'm not sure if I'll replace it.

Mystic Waters Adirondack Jack
Shavemac D01 2 Band Custom
Voskhod (new)
Rockwell 6S (#4 setting)
Alum
Thayers Cucumber
Myrsol Plastic

So I had my first shave with the Rockwell 6S today. I was reasonably confident that I would lean towards liking the more aggressive plates so decided to start on #4. I wont go in to detail about the quality of the razor and specifics as such as it has been well documented already. Usually I would give a razor a week or so of use before forming any opinion on it but in this case I thought it worthwhile sharing a quick first impression. I will follow up at a later date if my opinion changes.

The razor felt very nicely balanced and the shave felt nice and smooth and efficient. Even on the #4 plate there was minimal blade feel and the razor felt very safe. I went for a 3 pass shave and there was a very small amount of touch up at the end (hardly anything). I knew that I had had a really nice shave with the razor and my skin felt good. The alum told me that I was spot on, absolutely no feedback from the alum at all. I usually get a little feedback in a couple of the more sensitive areas (usually nothing at all serious though) but today there was nothing. Furthermore I was surprised to find that the result was wonderfully close and smooth. I would actually have to say that I was extremely impressed by the quality of shave that the razor provided. I will be very interested to try settings 3 and 4 and see what the result is. My gut feel based upon today's shave is that settings 5 and 6 will comfortably provide a solid DFS in 2 passes. Time will tell and I am sure that I will be talking about this razor more in the coming weeks.

Bottom line is this, the hype surrounding this razor appears to be very real. This razor is a very strong candidate to hit very high up on my favourite list and is likely to topple a few top razors off on the way. If I continue to get great results like this there is some possibility that one or two coveted razors might find themselves on the BST before long.

I can't speak for everyone but if you are on the fence and considering purchasing this razor I would say go for it. I would think that the adjust ability is as such that you would be sure to find a plate that suits your personal preference. I held back for some time from buying this after reading many reviews and then stumbled across this one by chance, in hindsight I wish I had pulled the trigger sooner.

@nsavage great write up, and don't be surprised if it starts to feature in your SOTD everyday :)

Tonight just had a laid back shave with the Rockwell on #2, paired with Jabonman Oriental Breeze soap and balm. Fantastic end to the weekend, though not quite enough to prepare for month end tomorrow... Enjoy your Sunday night all

iVcHwVD.jpg

SOTD (30/10/2016)
SPEICK SUNDAY

Pre:
Hot shower/Clinique Face Soap
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock SharpEdge (4th use)
Brush: Panta Rei Custom Manchurian
Soap/Cream: Speick
AS: T.N. Dickinson’s Witch Hazel/Speick AS
Balm: Speick AS Balm
Fragrance: Speick EDT

@walklikeaduck how was you're wonderful Speck Sunday:p:D
qpKV62N.jpg

Sunday 30 October 2016

SOTD-30102016.jpg

Earthquake, again

Yet another quake and this one has been really strong, the strongest so far. Not much to say about today's shave because all of my thoughts are for those who are suffering from the tremendous quakes we are having since August. Houses, monuments, churches, mountains collapsing down, people walking hopeless in the middle of the remains just waiting for all this to come to an end. And who knows when it will end. I consider myself very lucky because, although Perugia - the city where I live - is just few tens of miles away from the main area of quakes, we just listen to the rattling of doors, windows and walls shaken by the quake, objects and furniture moving around and nothing else. Only a little of fear and you know there is nothing you can do but waiting for it to end while thinking there are people not so far from here who are not as lucky as I am. And I cannot even imagine how scared they are and the fear they feel day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute.​
  • Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: Aguzzeria del Cavallo Almond Shaving Soap
  • Brush: Mastro Livi Badger, Olive Handle, 22mm knot
  • Bowl: Mastro Livi Olive Wood Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Medium Loom Strop "Coramella Italiana" and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi CarboInox KamiRazor, 13/16 Full Hollow, Snake Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Argan Oil
  • After Shave: Vifrex

Yesterday
1c65b707a9b0d7422888b04619e3f975.jpg

3P preshave
Chubby 2
Tims Signature
ATT S1
Gillette Platinum Plus (2)
Speick AS

All good apart from the Tims irritated my skin a bit. Used some Razorock XX on the last pass.

Later on today
88eebbc4559d4495aa235bf08d511dc3.jpg

3P preshave
Shavemac 26mm fan
Smitten Soapery Hipster
Cobra Classic
Feather Pro (6)
Fine Lavender AS

Hoping the new soap is a good one. My friend rates it highly. Nice lavender and patchouli scent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Razor: Vintage Gillette L 1 (birth year) Slim Adjustable (7)
Blade: Vintage English Wilkinson Sword (2)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson reknotted in 'pure'
Soap/Cream: Officina Profumo - Farmaceutica di Santa Maria Novella Firenze Crema da Barba
Aftershave: Officina Profumo - Farmaceutica di Santa Maria Novella Firenze Lozione dopo Barba Tabacco Toscano

Hmmm, nice.

Lovely winter morning in the nation's capital - pity it is SPRING! 6.8 but feels like -0.1 - brrrrr!

Have a great week guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.