3a122a410a59bc9cafaae66809daa640.jpg

Full_Size_Render_8.jpg

Pre - Hot towel
Brush - Semogue 620
Soap - B&M Rhapsody
Razor - Edwin Jagger Kelvin
Blade - Rapira Chrome (3)
Post Shave - Alum, TSW After Balm

Just back from holidays and it felt great to be back home and use the boar brush and Rhapsody soap. Pure luxury!
I should have replaced the blade with a new Polsilver though, I did get some tugging on 2 days of growth from the used Rapira.
A nice result anyway! :D

Mystic Waters Adirondack Jack
Shavemac D01 2 Band Custom
Voskhod (new)
Rockwell 6S (#4 setting)
Alum
Thayers Cucumber
Myrsol Plastic

So I had my first shave with the Rockwell 6S today. I was reasonably confident that I would lean towards liking the more aggressive plates so decided to start on #4. I wont go in to detail about the quality of the razor and specifics as such as it has been well documented already. Usually I would give a razor a week or so of use before forming any opinion on it but in this case I thought it worthwhile sharing a quick first impression. I will follow up at a later date if my opinion changes.

The razor felt very nicely balanced and the shave felt nice and smooth and efficient. Even on the #4 plate there was minimal blade feel and the razor felt very safe. I went for a 3 pass shave and there was a very small amount of touch up at the end (hardly anything). I knew that I had had a really nice shave with the razor and my skin felt good. The alum told me that I was spot on, absolutely no feedback from the alum at all. I usually get a little feedback in a couple of the more sensitive areas (usually nothing at all serious though) but today there was nothing. Furthermore I was surprised to find that the result was wonderfully close and smooth. I would actually have to say that I was extremely impressed by the quality of shave that the razor provided. I will be very interested to try settings 3 and 4 and see what the result is. My gut feel based upon today's shave is that settings 5 and 6 will comfortably provide a solid DFS in 2 passes. Time will tell and I am sure that I will be talking about this razor more in the coming weeks.

Bottom line is this, the hype surrounding this razor appears to be very real. This razor is a very strong candidate to hit very high up on my favourite list and is likely to topple a few top razors off on the way. If I continue to get great results like this there is some possibility that one or two coveted razors might find themselves on the BST before long.

I can't speak for everyone but if you are on the fence and considering purchasing this razor I would say go for it. I would think that the adjust ability is as such that you would be sure to find a plate that suits your personal preference. I held back for some time from buying this after reading many reviews and then stumbled across this one by chance, in hindsight I wish I had pulled the trigger sooner.
Nice insight into this razor! It sounds great, I'm glad your are happy with it.

86b9a9d6-4da3-4e9d-9757-cf579916d9e7_zpsm5ve2qfh.jpg

Razor: Feather Artist Club DX non folding
Blade: Kai Guarded (8)
Soap: Tim's Greek Peach (PIF'ed from @nsavage - thanks again!)
Brush: Body Shop
ASB: Bulldog Original

Didn't shave over the weekend and the resulting stubble just got wiped off my face again today. I love using this thing on long growth - no clogging!
I'm getting quicker all around now - especially around the chin - 23 mins for three passes and a complete BBS. The lather from Tim's wasn't as slick as the Shaver Heaven tallow - but watered down for the last two passes was OK. Didn't last in the brush particularly long though.
The only issue was that I got a few weepers on the last ATG pass - enough that I wasn't really happy with the shave. Either it's the soap or I need to slow down and pay more attention to angle and pressure or the blade is getting a bit past it. It's not tugging per se but it does give more feedback now when going ATG - both audio and to the hand. Will give the blade one more go, with Shaver Heaven and paying more attention just to try and figure out which is the issue. It was only ATG that there was an issue - WTG / XTG was still a dream...

20161031_SOTDSColPen_zpszgjmmtnc.jpg

Pre-Shave: Cypriotian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor: Schick Injector M1 (3)
Blade: Schick Injector (2)
Brush: Paladin Chief
Lather: Mystic Water Bergamot, Cedarwood & Juniper
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Another great shave with the Schick and some fantastic Mystic Water lather (picture here) - hope you all have a great start into the new week (y)

The Leresche 77 is a razor that commands respect. It is aggressive but precise, and tests both technique and lather quality. It has been an absolute blast to use it - thanks again @filobiblic .

You're welcome. Glad you got to experience the unique razor. [emoji106]

Not just after my rubbish shave yesterday but to celebrate the submission of the final assessment item in the final subject in my Grad Dip Legal Studies a little after midnight I wanted a special shave.
Congratulations my friend! Well done. A superb shave to celebrate.

Sunday 30 October 2016

SOTD-30102016.jpg

Earthquake, again

Yet another quake and this one has been really strong, the strongest so far. Not much to say about today's shave because all of my thoughts are for those who are suffering from the tremendous quakes we are having since August. Houses, monuments, churches, mountains collapsing down, people walking hopeless in the middle of the remains just waiting for all this to come to an end. And who knows when it will end. I consider myself very lucky because, although Perugia - the city where I live - is just few tens of miles away from the main area of quakes, we just listen to the rattling of doors, windows and walls shaken by the quake, objects and furniture moving around and nothing else. Only a little of fear and you know there is nothing you can do but waiting for it to end while thinking there are people not so far from here who are not as lucky as I am. And I cannot even imagine how scared they are and the fear they feel day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute.​
  • Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: Aguzzeria del Cavallo Almond Shaving Soap
  • Brush: Mastro Livi Badger, Olive Handle, 22mm knot
  • Bowl: Mastro Livi Olive Wood Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Medium Loom Strop "Coramella Italiana" and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi CarboInox KamiRazor, 13/16 Full Hollow, Snake Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Argan Oil
  • After Shave: Vifrex
Nice shave as usual @razorguy - thoughts go out to you and everyone affected by the earthquakes in your part of the world.

f56265aaeddf3e70076c0230ff2d1c62.jpg

Pre: Musgo Real Lime Oil soap, Myrsol Antesol and Emulsion
Brush: DR Harris Best Badger H3
Soap: Wickham Super Smooth Imperial Tonic
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Vintage Gillette Platinum (1)
Cologne: DR Harris Mayfair

After a week with the Leresche 77, it was back to the Feather AS-D2 razor. Whilst mild, this is a very efficient piece of kit.
The vintage Gillette blade was sublime; pairing beautifully with the Wickham Imperial Tonic soap for a very close shave.

Razor: Vintage Gillette L 1 (birth year) Slim Adjustable (7)
Blade: Vintage English Wilkinson Sword (3)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch SimpsonH2 boar
Soap/Cream: Officina Profumo - Farmaceutica di Santa Maria Novella Firenze Crema da Barba
Aftershave: Officina Profumo - Farmaceutica di Santa Maria Novella Firenze Lozione dopo Barba Tabacco Toscano

Another day, another flight (or two). CBR -> MEL and then MEL -> PER and then doing a seminar there this evening starting at 7:30 local time. Hmmm, that will be 10:30 CBR time. This could be a long day ...

(The seminar is being recorded as well - glad it was a good shave this morning! (y))

vUYlDTX.jpg

Occam's Crushed Lime Pre Shave Soap
Simpson CH1 SB
ATT Colossus R1
Feather
Stirling Executive Man Shave Soap
Stirling Executive Man Post Shave Balm
Stirling Executive Man Aftershave Splash

Gotta buy this scent after smelling the aftershave sample you sent around mate... absolutely love it

His current and latest iteration really gets the scent right, some of the earlier compositions were a bit 'proud' with the pineapple but his latest is spot on for a wet-shave product.

44e76ed9-a2dd-40d9-98dd-86c529585b13_zpsvxkvbuoe.jpg

Pre: Shower / hot towel
Razor: Feather AC DX non folding
Blade: Kai Guarded (9)
Brush: Body Shop Synth
Soap: SH Juicy Froot
ASB: Bulldog Original

9th shave on this razor and blade now. 25 mins from standing at the sink to leaving. 3 passes with BBS result again - other than a couple of spots I missed on the lower neck - didn't see them until too late. No weepers going ATG this time so the blade is fine. I strongly suspect the difference to yesterday was just technique - I took a bit longer on the ATG pass watching my pressure and angles (very flat) more carefully. Yesterday I was tired and moving fast so I'm pretty sure that caused a higher angle and therefore the weepers. Got a tiny nick on my mo today because I let the lather dry out and the razor skipped - my fault.

The SH soap is definitely more slick than Tim's yesterday so judgement on the Tim's remains reserved... it deserves another try.

One thing I'm loving with this razor is I can still do a quick one pass shave with touch ups if I need to that would yield a SAS / CCS result as per my previous routine. I just can't help going the full monty every time though because it is so much more enjoyable now compared to the old disposables.

Status
Not open for further replies.